Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 12:43 PM

3 posts, read 2,037 times

Advertisements

Immoral, uncaring soulless people are so miserable that they want to tell you how to live and be miserable too.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:45 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,091,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by should View Post
Immoral, uncaring soulless people are so miserable that they want to tell you how to live and be miserable too.
....it’s almost as if they’ve made it their purpose in life.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:48 PM

37,939 posts, read 17,766,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I wonder how many of these folks who claim HC is a privilege are Christian?
Hopefully all of them.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:50 PM

37,939 posts, read 17,766,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Look in the mirror to see the maker of an uninformed comment.

Universal access to healthcare should a be right in all civilized nations, but that doesn't mean that the actual provision of healthcare is being forced on anyone.
Voluntary access is a wonderful thing. Obamacare fined those who didn't want it. That was just repealed starting with the 2019 tax year.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:55 PM

19,424 posts, read 12,075,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
That's why I don't begrudge them healthcare... I said college, because college isn't essential to life
Unfortunately it seems to be becoming a necessity, at least some kind of post high school education. Most states do offer some type of free training programs for low income kids, I don't know how effective they are but they built a big fancy campus for this "college" in my city. I know I'm helping to pay for it.

Yeah I would like to take care of health care first and be sure all these taxpayers are able to get the medical care they need, while they pay for so many other people's services.

Old 01-11-2019, 12:55 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,661,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It's my right...
You have the right to....
Healthcare is a right...
College is a right....

Is it really a right, if someone else has to do it for you?
Can I force you to provide a right to me?
Or, do rights deal with Natural Law and things you can provide for yourself?

Interesting to see the diverse viewpoints to come.....

Popcorn please!
Phytoplankton make you oxygen. Do you have a right to it?

Old 01-11-2019, 01:17 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,606,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Healthcare is not and never will be a right. Only the immoral and greedy would force healthcare on others.

Learn exactly what a right is and then make an informed comment please.

WOW maybe YOU should spend more time researching and less time telling others what to do.

ARTICLE 25 (and no nobody cares if you don't agree with it. The WORLD has spoken)

the VAST MAJORITY of HUMANS deem access to healthcare to a RIGHT.

In fact us Humans have a whole bunch of stuff we call "Human Rights" deal it with or find yourself another planet, because we are not shifting on this. ....

Old 01-11-2019, 02:50 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,082,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Voluntary access is a wonderful thing. Obamacare fined those who didn't want it. That was just repealed starting with the 2019 tax year.
Health insurance isn't the same thing as health care. No one is forcing you to seek health care.

But yes, as a member of the society we live in, I don't want to have to pay for your unexpected illness or accidental injuries. As a responsible member of society, you were obligated to obtain some form of health insurance in case you incur those medical expenses. Ideally, you would no longer have the legal right to potentially be a deadbeat healthcare consumer and have to pay your own way via insuring against those expenses.

But thanks to the disgusting greed and corruption of the GOP, immoral GOPers are once again allowed to be deadbeats when it comes to paying for healthcare. And bizarrely enough, the so-called (but falsely claimed) party of personal responsibility has no problem with that. They are fine with others shouldering that burden for them.

Old 01-11-2019, 02:55 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,182,991 times
If I have to provide it for you, do you have a right to it?

I totally agree with this.^^^^

This is exactly how I feel about the 'wall' that most of the country does not want or need. Trump has no right to ask the rest of us to pay for his and his base's wall.

Old 01-11-2019, 03:15 PM

5,926 posts, read 2,185,961 times
Healthcare is becoming seen as a Right even by conservative due to the acknowledgement the free market does not work for healthcare. Healthcare is considered expensive now but it is no where near where it would be if completely free market. I can only imagine what insulin or heart medicine would cost if it was free market only.

Pain medicine docs would make a bigger killing. They have to entire market locked down and people will pay thousands for moderate pain relief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies