Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 03:34 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I don’t understand hero worship.

Maybe it’s a character flaw.
I dont either. I was also appalled by the left's over the top worship of Obama.
Crenshaw served his country and for that I say thank you. He is entitled to his opinions. Has he done anything to be labeled a hero? Maybe, but I haven't heard what yet. He is a former SEAL. Awesome for him. That doesn't automatically = hero. WE have seen more than a few SEALs make the headlines for less than heroic actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 04:11 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,589,940 times
He is worth watching. Potential great? DC will ruin him somehow.

Old 01-18-2019, 04:28 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times
I see what’s happening here. Repugs so rarely find anyone in their party with at least a little bit of a moral compass that it’s a wonderful thing for you to behold.

Good for you.

Old 01-18-2019, 10:52 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
I see what’s happening here. Repugs so rarely find anyone in their party with at least a little bit of a moral compass that it’s a wonderful thing for you to behold.

Good for you.
Who among the Democrats in Congress would you identify as someone 'with at least a little bit of a moral compass'?

I certainly am not aware of any such person.

Old 01-18-2019, 11:28 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Dan Crenshaw likes policy and strategy, but he is especially interested in 'messaging' and that primarily to his own generation (he is 34 years old). He wants to try to make being a Republican 'cool again,' since not very many other people have been focusing on that.
SEAL veteran Dan Crenshaw's mission: Make the GOP 'cool again'

Rep. Dan Crenshaw, R-Texas, wants to help make conservatism "cool" for younger voters who have been flocking to Democrats. Fresh off his post-election appearance on "Saturday Night Live," Crenshaw thinks he can help translate Republican policies for young voters all around the country.

"Our biggest weakness is messaging, I think ... Getting people excited, making conservatism cool again," Crenshaw told the Washington Examiner in his Capitol Hill office.

He said he sees himself as a "communicator above all else. I love digging deep into policy, but then thinking a lot more strategically on how to message that to people my age, people who aren't generally voting Republican. Somebody besides our base every once in a while," Crenshaw said. "That's what I think about all the time, and I think that's where I'll find my niche on any issues."

{more at the link}

And if his twitter action and his appearances on television, including Saturday Night Live, are any indication, he may be just the man for the job.

Old 01-18-2019, 11:44 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post

Good for you.
Agreed.
But since when does anyone who has been paying attention look to government for morality? Whose morality?
It's about defending the rights of the individual.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:42 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Interesting video with Dan Crenshaw. 1000 incursions a day, with many more not captured....in just one small sector of the border? And we don't need a secure border? OK....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Yt5MQ6L9U

Old 02-14-2019, 09:59 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Mr. Crenshaw tweeted out something curious:

"In an alternative universe where Republicans still held the House, the government would be open, federal workers would have their paychecks, and Border Patrol would have the funding and tools they need. Just something to think about".

Curious, since the shutdown did begin 21 days ago. If my calendar is correct, it began while the Republicans did hold the House. The Democrats took over January 3, 2019.

Nevertheless, I would still prefer him over Cornyn.

And Repugs are swooning over this guy? LMAO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies