Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 06:21 PM

1,074 posts, read 950,208 times

Advertisements

Regardless of the Robert S. Mueller III report, why is Hillary Clinton such a lousy campaigner? Her only victories were in 2000 and 2006, winning New York's Senate seat. Why? Why did she lose to Barack Obama and Donald Trump? Why? Or, was she wronged by the right wing? She did win the 2016 popular vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 06:27 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Regardless of the Robert S. Mueller III report, why is Hillary Clinton such a lousy campaigner? Her only victories were in 2000 and 2006, winning New York's Senate seat. Why? Why did she lose to Barack Obama and Donald Trump? Why? Or, was she wronged by the right wing? She did win the 2016 popular vote.
Because they knew what a nasty person she truly is.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:17 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,410,581 times
She was dishonest. There were videos of her being really sick and her campaign couldn't address them fairly. She had to be held under both arms and carried up a flight of stairs. She collapsed on a nice sunny day in mid-September in NY and was tossed into an SUV like a sack of potatoes. She had weird reactions to events. Some honesty would have been good.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:18 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
She was dishonest. There were videos of her being really sick and her campaign couldn't address them fairly. She had to be held under both arms and carried up a flight of stairs. She collapsed on a nice sunny day in mid-September in NY and was tossed into an SUV like a sack of potatoes. She had weird reactions to events. Some honesty would have been good.
The Cheeto can't get out of bed without lying!

Old 03-22-2019, 07:22 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times
Quote:
I'm not sure of the connection between the title line and the text of your post.

Surely, if you read at all, you must know that there are all kinds of reasons and theories. First of all, just look at the virulent Hillary-hatred right here in the forum. Some of that is apparently linked to Republican hatred of Bill Clinton, some just the hatred toward a tough, vocal woman. Second, regardless of whether Trump is guilty of any collusion, it's firmly established that online trolling was a factor. Third, polls were so overwhelmingly favoring Hillary that I'm sure she thought she didn't have to do so much campaigning as she might have done if the race seemed closer. Those are just three easy reasons. I'm sure others can add more.

As to her New York victories, NY politics are fairly straightforward, and not subject to as much corruption as some states. And in NY we're used to smart, vocal women, and they don't scare us.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:24 PM

17,807 posts, read 13,708,449 times
I think Clinton fatigue was a lot bigger factor than people think. I think the fact that we had had a couple of Bushes made the thought even less appealing. Of course this is among voters that actually considered their options as opposed to those that would not have voted for her under any circumstance.

Finally I'm pretty well convinced that it's going to be tough for either party to win after they had someone in for two consecutive terms.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:32 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,145,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I think Clinton fatigue was a lot bigger factor than people think. I think the fact that we had had a couple of Bushes made the thought even less appealing. Of course this is among voters that actually considered their options as opposed to those that would not have voted for her under any circumstance.

Finally I'm pretty well convinced that it's going to be tough for either party to win after they had someone in for two consecutive terms.
Now that you mention that, I think I've heard that's statistically correct about consecutive terms. I think it worked for Reagan-Bush, but - not counting Truman, because that involved a death - you'd really have to go far back, I think.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:37 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,700,298 times
Quote:

Mainly, because she is a woman. She got closer than any other woman in history, and that is saying something as there is this mindset in America that women are not fit for this position. Hillary almost proved them wrong, as the popular vote showed.

Make no mistake, we WILL see a woman President in our lifetime. They already are heads of State and local government, CEO's of major companies, and in high military positions. It is only a matter of time.

Old 03-22-2019, 08:01 PM

30,642 posts, read 18,249,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Because they knew what a nasty person she truly is.
While I don't dispute this, I will say that she actually won in 2008 in terms of the vote count as the DNC decided to count all the votes in MI and FL at the end of the day and seat their delegates. I only bring this up to call out Dem hypocrisy about the "popular vote"

Old 03-22-2019, 08:15 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
The Cheeto can't get out of bed without lying!
So start a thread about it. Are you denying Hillary's dishonesty? You are correct about Trump, but this thread is about why Hillary lost against such an obvious snake oil salesman. Another obvious question how was the GOP not able to field even 1 contender that could defeat the orange one?

Obvious answer. The people were sick of the same old same old. They hoped for change.

Hillary represented more of Obama and the past. Worse still she took the base for granted and campaigned for the extremes. She also wasn't able to do the 1 thing Trump actually did well. He kept his base in the game and energized. I think Hillary's deplorable speech did more to cost her the election than all her other misdeeds.

Blaming the Russians is convenient. Unless we have a memory of more than 30 minutes and recall how Obama and company chastised the right for think the Russians are still the bad guys. His position against Romney who correctly predicted the dangers of Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies