Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 06:48 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
We can't built anything all over the place, there is way too much red tape in that and then hiring people to staff it all...well it makes no sense since there are already doctors offices all over the place.
Then we need to quit sending troops every place to get broken. Odd we can afford so much destruction but we can't afford to help people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyKay44 View Post
I agree wholeheartedly with you. Clinics should be built everywhere.

The Koch brothers are not behind this legislation because they like and want to help veterans, they are behind it because they want to profit from privatization and '' FOR PROFIT " medical care to veterans.
Yeah well, they would be non profit if it was up to me.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"so that we are less willing to send them off to get broke in the first place.

I know it is tough buy, PLEASE do stay on topic.
Just because you don't like to face up to something does not make it off topic. We are not having this discussion without the destruction we first cause.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
This is a good point.
We should make it extremely expensive to send our men to war, with an increased tax on top 1% when they do want war.
It's so sad that people complain that we can not afford health care and ask how we will pay for it but few ask how we will pay for the wars.

Old 01-14-2019, 06:59 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"under close supervision by the VA"

The rest of society are being treated quite well with non-military oversight.

With some of the stories we ave been told ABOUT VA hospitals, I don't think I WANT those people doing oversight!

Maybe the non-military hospitals and doctors should be doing oversight of the VA.
Suuure; since they're so good and all:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/22/medi...n-america.html

https://catalyst.nejm.org/medical-er...ntable-deaths/

I've got a better idea; give them all a small apartment in Costa Rica, India, or Thailand for example so they can see those doctors over a million and a half of you go to see each and every year. They'll not only be getting better care but getting it cheaper.

https://www.thisisinsider.com/medica...lthcare-2018-6

Old 01-14-2019, 08:27 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,986,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I think it's a good idea. I myself have not had a problem with the VA, however, I've heard the stories
But. But.

The for profit hospital companies want a piece of the action.

Most veterans don't want to sit in a waiting room full of coughing, sneezing, crying, vomiting little kids.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:34 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I agree. Which is why I support creating clinics all over the place making the care of veterans incredibly expensive so that we are less willing to send them off to get broke in the first place.

While I completely agree we should make the people in Washington less willing to send men & women off to get broke, I don't believe making it more costly to repair them would accomplish that goal.

Personally, I believe there should be a limit (perhaps 3 months) to how long a POTUS could deploy combat troops to a 'hot spot' without a declaration of war being voted by Congress. I believe the political hacks would be far less likely to send people off to be broken if forced to put their names on it.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:37 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Then we need to quit sending troops every place to get broken. Odd we can afford so much destruction but we can't afford to help people.

Those who build the implements of destruction no doubt contribute more to politicians than those sent to utilize those implements do.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:43 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
I do not support this but for those like myself that do not we allowed this to happen by NOT holding politicians responsible for not addressing the issues associated with the problems here.

Bush and Obama both made speeches and that was it.
don't forget Hillary who claimed the problems at the VA were cherry picked by repubs to make its management look bad.

Obama used his laser focus to fix the vA in 2009, 2013, 2015.

what government program is not fraught with colossal waste, inefficiency and fraud that deprives those targeted by the program for help???????

the government cannot handle any large program unless it compensates the waste and fraud with cash from the endless wellspring of taxpayer wallets.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
While I completely agree we should make the people in Washington less willing to send men & women off to get broke, I don't believe making it more costly to repair them would accomplish that goal.
Maybe not but if that is all we are left with.

Quote:
Personally, I believe there should be a limit (perhaps 3 months) to how long a POTUS could deploy combat troops to a 'hot spot' without a declaration of war being voted by Congress. I believe the political hacks would be far less likely to send people off to be broken if forced to put their names on it.
Great, but we voted no on Syria. We are still there. If it takes bankrupting the country to quit things like that, I support that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies