Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree that I-1’s base is being controlled by conservative media?
Yes 58 55.77%
No 43 41.35%
Other 3 2.88%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 05:28 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Wait a minute, why? I thought the wall was ineffective. So why would they care?
They want illegals, all day, every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2019, 05:30 PM

2,362 posts, read 777,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
They want illegals, all day, every day.
I'm confused, are you saying the wall will be effective? Too effective so those business owners will feel it?

Old 01-13-2019, 05:36 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
The majority of the people don't want the wall.
The majority of the people do want laws. They want to be protected and not overrun by illegal immigrants.

Who profits from illegal immigration? It isn't the poor and average Joe. It is businesses that are working under the table. It isn't only that; but it means more big government since we have to educate them after they are here - more schools and more teachers. Because crime goes up - more lawyers and jails. Then we need more doctors and dentist and more of everything that the average person pays for. Great system for all those that don't have to pay the bills or cheat.

Old 01-13-2019, 06:28 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The majority of the people do want laws. They want to be protected and not overrun by illegal immigrants.

Who profits from illegal immigration? It isn't the poor and average Joe. It is businesses that are working under the table. It isn't only that; but it means more big government since we have to educate them after they are here - more schools and more teachers. Because crime goes up - more lawyers and jails. Then we need more doctors and dentist and more of everything that the average person pays for. Great system for all those that don't have to pay the bills or cheat.
E-Verify is a start and cheaper.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:10 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I don't listen to conservative media.

Are the Dems controlled by liberal media? There's a hell of a lot more of that.

Smart people don't actually pay much attention to either, using their brains to reason out their own ideas based on the problems we face. It would amaze you to see how much people agree on when you remove the propaganda and take the "fun team sport" aspect out of politics. There are people who wake up in the morning thinking about the crap they are going to say about "the other side" on the internet, or tv, or at local meeting, or just to their friends. Seriously, it's become an obsession and people get off on it.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:15 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
I'm confused, are you saying the wall will be effective? Too effective so those business owners will feel it?
I am sorry to have used improper language that caused you confusion. I should have said all those employers want free movement open borders. That's what Texas had for many years. When I was younger, Texas school buses would go to the bridge to pick up students and take them to Texas schools, every day. People crossed at will.

Can't remember when, but around 15 years ago, the Texas comptroller told the lege the state should keep track of what was being spent on illegals. Up until then nobody paid any attention to the benefits illegals got. Nobody in state government or the local school districts even cared. My county fussed about having to build a new hospital for expectant mothers coming to Houston just to have their babies.

Talk of the wall started when people figured out what it cost. But they never figured out the employers were dumping their employee overhead onto the taxpayers.

That's when the politicians started with we gotta have a wall. We cannot do anything about illegals until we get a wall. They were successful with that mantra. They never did deport anybody but criminals. All the workers are still here costing taxpayers a lot of money. No e verify that works. No deporting the kitchen staff at the restaurants we visit, no deporting construction workers, chicken, pork and cat fish processors or the maids who clean all the office space and hotel rooms in the country. That tells me everything I need to know.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:19 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Yes. Most Trump supporters are not capable of independent thinking. They believe whatever Trump and Fox News tells them to think.

They literally think that anybody who disagrees with Trump or Fox News is lying.
If only everyone was as intelligent, unbiased and clear headed as you and the posted who started the thread.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:26 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Individual 1 continues to punish us government employees (with no cost-of-living increase, holding us hostage).
Government workers for the most part are very well paid, with a lot of security compared to non government employees.
https://www.fedsmith.com/2017/04/26/...aid-underpaid/
Although it is not as simple as that. People with higher degrees make less in the government, people without degrees make much more and...

according to the Federal salary council
Quote:
The Federal Salary Council, for example, whose members are primarily representatives of federal employee unions, conclude each year that federal employees are underpaid by a significant amount. It announces each year that federal workers are underpaid by about 35%.

Old 01-14-2019, 07:46 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,253 times
this thread could use some mark dice videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9g0EYIUfX4

Old 01-14-2019, 07:47 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,253 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a88ZRQ9K4Yo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies