Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2019, 09:24 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Super-dangerous for our daughters.

I was appalled to find out a few years ago that my girls didn’t think they could be abducted because they had “moves”. This was when Jessica Ridgeways body had not yet been found, for those of you familiar with that Colorado case.

My girls also thought I was lying when I told them that female firefighter & cop entrance physicals were different than the ones men took.

Sorry; I’m really tired tonight & didn’t read the entire thread yet so this has likely been said but this dangerous false sense of security is due to Hollywood trying to not perpetuate the “kight in shining armour & damsel in distress” theme.

Prepare for a lot more distressed damsels sans knights.

Not all Firefighter or Police have different entrance exams, it may be in your area but not every where.

My husband likes bad azz chicks, he finds it sexy and I never thought to be thankful for that.... I'll have to now.

I've taken lots of self defense, and as a small, petite woman I have sparred with a male Marine... it's not pretty. /lol

But we are talking about the movies.

Most of the men here would get their butts kicked. You really think that ANY of the fight scenes are realistic? The Storm Trooper school of shooting.... Liam Neeson the grandpa beating up all the bad guys... You gotta be kidding me... it's the unrealism of women fighting that sets you off?!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2019, 09:32 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,068 times
It seems like almost every action adventure espionage type film or show that is put out now has a woman in charge of the strike team.

Then at some point this woman, maybe 5'2" tall and about 110 pounds, proceeds to beat up an entire team of male fighters or military types, many of who are literally twice her size, usually defeating the entire group in well under a minute.

Sure, that is believable. If you are an imbecile, that is.

Old 01-16-2019, 09:37 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,605,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
It seems like almost every action adventure espionage type film or show that is put out now has a woman in charge of the strike team.

Then at some point this woman, maybe 5'2" tall and about 110 pounds, proceeds to beat up an entire team of male fighters or military types, many of who are literally twice her size, usually defeating the entire group in well under a minute.

Sure, that is believable. If you are an imbecile, that is.
If that is unbelievable, wait until you see what the men do in these fictional movies!

The people who are "imbeciles", are the ones who come on here and complain about women being tough in movies, but don't complain about Liam Neeson or Keanu Reeves taking out whole groups of people. It's the movies for Christ sake. 99% of fight scenes are not realistic, regardless of the sex of the participants.

Would you rather watch realistic fights in your fictional movies? Because I have to say, just about every single realistic fight that I have seen (outside of things like boxing and MMA) have been ridiculous, and would not make for good entertainment in a movie.

Would you rather the bullets be more realistic too? John Wick and basically every movie with shootouts would have been pretty freaking boring, not to mention very short.

Old 01-16-2019, 09:39 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
I have to be honest, it says more about some of these posters than the movies.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-16-2019, 09:46 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,689,172 times
In today's society we have an overflow of snowflake males who are more feminine than females. We also have females today who are more like men than women. They don't have the attractive female body of the past but are more utilitarian. We also see a strong upsurge in girls/women committing crimes that were almost completely reserved for males.
The other day I sat in my local coffee shop and noticing the customers attire. Most of the women were dressed in yoga garments that clearly highlighted their rolls of fat, overfed tummies, and a butt that looked like two well fed pigs in a gunny sack. To my amazement a young man came in also in yoga clothes???

Today we have a large group of women who behave more like men than some men. However, I still believe that most men prefer women who look like women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj5ou9z0H4g

BTW, what do you suppose that Bert the cop is going home for?

Old 01-16-2019, 09:47 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Why is Hollywood obsessed with portraying women as being able to easily kick the arse of every guy they meet. It is ridiculous. Simply ridiculous. It was interesting the first time or two that I seen it. Now it is the rule.

I was a second tier athlete in high school. Yet when I played basketball or tennis against our best female athletes, the domination was absolute.

This is usually closer to what to expect if a guy fights back: https://i.imgur.com/KiqVxkz.gifv
Making up for all those years women were portrayed as incapable of anything other than cooking and cleaning, gossiping or conniving. Half the time they needed assistance from a man to do that, if it required much thought.

Old 01-16-2019, 09:48 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,605,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
In today's society we have an overflow of snowflake males who are more feminine than females. We also have females today who are more like men than women. They don't have the attractive female body of the past but are more utilitarian. We also see a strong upsurge in girls/women committing crimes that were almost completely reserved for males.
The other day I sat in my local coffee shop and noticing the customers attire. Most of the women were dressed in yoga garments that clearly highlighted their rolls of fat, overfed tummies, and a butt that looked like two well fed pigs in a gunny sack. To my amazement a young man can in also in yoga clothes.

Today we have a large group of women who behave more like men than some men. However, I still believe that most men prefer women who look like women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj5ou9z0H4g

BTW, what do you suppose that Bert the cop is going home for?
This has what to do with the topic at hand? We get it, you don't like fat chicks or men who aren't "manly" (this kind of nonsense is the definition of toxic masculinity by the way), but I fail to see how that has any bearing on strong women in movies?

Old 01-16-2019, 09:56 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,062,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Super-dangerous for our daughters.

I was appalled to find out a few years ago that my girls didn’t think they could be abducted because they had “moves”. This was when Jessica Ridgeways body had not yet been found, for those of you familiar with that Colorado case.

My girls also thought I was lying when I told them that female firefighter & cop entrance physicals were different than the ones men took.

Sorry; I’m really tired tonight & didn’t read the entire thread yet so this has likely been said but this dangerous false sense of security is due to Hollywood trying to not perpetuate the “kight in shining armour & damsel in distress” theme.

Prepare for a lot more distressed damsels sans knights.
Thanks for being the level headed, well adjusted & intelligent (red: non-delusional princess) in the room...well...forum board.

Old 01-16-2019, 09:59 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
Hollywood makes movies. A lot of fiction is involved. Watch it or skip it. Who cares? What's with the obsession with makes feeling the need to assert their physical dominance over women?

Old 01-16-2019, 10:02 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Hollywood makes movies. A lot of fiction is involved. Watch it or skip it. Who cares? What's with the obsession with makes feeling the need to assert their physical dominance over women?
Guessing that those handful of male posters (who clearly don't represent most men), are lonely, out of shape guys for whom this fantasy is really all they have left and they are clinging mightily to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies