Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2019, 11:23 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times

Advertisements

Times change, I remember older movies where women are depicted as weak and helpless, and require a big strong man to come help them out of a dangerous situation, today, its almost the opposite in some movies, years to come, who knows?

Ive also noticed in older movies, especially from the 70s and 80s, kids were depicted in movies as very dumb and ignorant, but today, young kids are depicted as super smart and intelligent, even surpassing the adults, times change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2019, 11:27 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
Hollywood is run by liberals.

it is the feminize agenda to make women the smartest, strongest, etc.

not true of every female.

Although if i see a pic of some women next to a lame stupid soy boy, then i agree with the OP.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:36 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,617,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Movies are still dominated by ass kicking men. Heaven forbid women kick ass too. For whatever reason, I didn't find the feminist/anti-male themes in Fury Road to be off-putting and really enjoyed the film while there was something about the female admiral in The Last Jedi that sort of ruined the movie for me (along with Poe Damaron and the overall cartooniness of the parts without Mark Hamill and Daisy Ridley).
Unnecessary character. Would've been way cooler to see a legacy character like Ackbar make the sacrifice.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:47 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,505,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with this.

I am a woman and I often admit that the average man is much stronger than me and could kick my a$$ if they wanted to lol. And I'd fight them to the death more than likely, but I doubt I'd win.

However, there are some women who are trained fighters who could kick a man's a$$.

Nothing wrong with portraying that in movies/entertainment. Entertainment/movies aren't real depictions of real life. Most normal people I'd think, know/understand this to be true.

I'll also note that I remember seeing one of those "fast/furious" movies where Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson, got out of a hospital bed after seemingly having multiple broken bones/injuries, pulled off all his casts, went out on the street in a hospital gown, then grabbed a long rope/hook thing and threw it over a helicopter and pulled the helicopter from the sky (LOL!!!). I don't think the average man can do that, nor even the Rock himself in real life. Movies are fake OP - so is TV and other sorts of entertainment.

Quit getting so offended/threatened by a woman kicking someone's a$$ in a movie/show.
You're missing the point. Everyone could get their rear end kicked by the right person. Men or women.

However, every woman isn't weak. There are women in real life that have bested men in fights. Therefore, if we see a woman besting a man in a fight on screen, it is at least plausible.

Old 01-16-2019, 11:53 AM

2,264 posts, read 1,484,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Why is Hollywood obsessed with portraying women as being able to easily kick the arse of every guy they meet. It is ridiculous. Simply ridiculous. It was interesting the first time or two that I seen it. Now it is the rule.

I was a second tier athlete in high school. Yet when I played basketball or tennis against our best female athletes, the domination was absolute.

This is usually closer to what to expect if a guy fights back: https://i.imgur.com/KiqVxkz.gifv
Sounds like you need a safe space.

Maybe you could... you know... not watch those movies?

Or does their mere existence trigger you?

Old 01-16-2019, 12:03 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Hollywood just sells what people want. People want sex, violence, mayhem and destruction. So we see guns being shot, people fighting each other, people acting like morons and evil people running amok. Art imitates life.
Go on Youtube and you'll see how violence is reflected in everyday life. Women act like thugs and people are no longer able to interact socially.
I grant you it is weird that men are being called out for being violent while women are being encouraged to be violent. But the culture is insane and rapidly declining so we can just see where it goes. My guess is in a few years people will get sick of it and do a 180 and go back to traditional values. But we'll have a pretty big mess to clean up.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:09 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,505,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulsker 1856 View Post
Sounds like you need a safe space.

Maybe you could... you know... not watch those movies?

Or does their mere existence trigger you?
The OP can't accept that there are some women who can beat up some men. In his narrow mind, all women are weak. We even have video evidence to the contrary.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:17 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
I wonder how some of the defensive alphas in this thread would fare against Cynthia Rothrock. Yes, this is a movie. Yes, this is a choreographed fight scene with incredible stuntwork (no CGI back in '85). But Cynthia was the real deal. My money's on her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh8KnmRvqd0

I don't think there are any defensive alphas in this thread. Seemingly lots of betas though.

No one minds an alpha male. Plenty of alpha males in movies, and who minds? Not me. I'll take a Jason Momoa or a Chris Hemsworth, or any of dozens of others any ol day.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:17 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
Hundreds of actions movies come out each year and the majority of them still feature a butt kicking man in the main role. Marvel makes the biggest grossing action movies right now and it's dominated by a bunch of male heroes with a few women sprinkled in. Literally all the Marvel movies have been built around a male character. Black Widow never even got her own movie. LOL. A decade in and we finally get Captain Marvel.

Yet and still, we STILL get this whiny arse thread.

People are frustrating beings. LOL

ETA: I realize I didn't answer the OP's question.

Hollywood is producing more movies with females winning fights because they make money.

If you don't want to see these movies, convince more women not to go see them. Or men who like to see hot girls kick butt.

There's your answer. You're welcome.

Last edited by Tinawina; 01-16-2019 at 12:30 PM..

Old 01-16-2019, 12:18 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
Why is Hollywood obsessed with portraying women as being able to easily kick the arse of every guy they meet. It is ridiculous. Simply ridiculous. It was interesting the first time or two that I seen it. Now it is the rule.

I was a second tier athlete in high school. Yet when I played basketball or tennis against our best female athletes, the domination was absolute.

This is usually closer to what to expect if a guy fights back: https://i.imgur.com/KiqVxkz.gifv
So you’re interested in seeing more strong men? I guess Ben Carson knows what your “choice” was today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies