Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 07:59 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,631,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
It just seems like common sense to me that you would not need more than 20 bullets per month. That's 2 bullets every three days. Why would someone need more bullets than that?

Imagine if the Las Vegas shooter had been limited to 20/mo. Many people that he killed might be alive today.
I reload and practice long range for hunting. Not uncommon for me to test and fire 30-40 rounds per session.

I also waterfowl and upland hunt. Not uncommon for me to shoot 30-40 rounds a day. I can harvest 5 Canadian geese, 6 ducks, 3 pheasants, 4 grouse, 4 partridges, untold number of coots per day. so yeah- going afield with lots of ammo is very commonplace.

We go thru a ton of rounds on during goose season.

I don't think hunters are going to be too supportive of this measure, but hey- maybe I'm wrong.

Lol.

Last edited by Threerun; 01-14-2019 at 08:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 08:00 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
OK fine, then how about up the limit to 25 rounds if you can show the cashier a current, valid hunting license. Let me guess...you're going to come up with some other excuse....

That seems completely insane to me. You're telling me you shoot 1000 bullets in 2 weeks?
I can go through five thousand rounds in two weeks. Course I am putting them through a machine gun.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:19 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,586,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
This is a huge overreach, IMO, and I consider myself moderate-to-left leaning on gun laws. I am all for beefed up background checks and other methods aimed at keeping guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't own them, but what Oregon is proposing here will just end up punishing responsible gun owners.

I hope it gets rejected.
Agreed. What's next? No sale of beer after 7pm? What a bunch of paranoid pillow-biters.

They are just playing to the crazy voting base in Multnomah county. Most people in OR hate the politics that come out of that place.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:24 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,726,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
https://www.guns.com/news/2019/01/14...PeQ0XiRTfSakM4

Maximum magazines would be 5 rounds and limit 20 rounds a month. No more sighting in hunting rifles.

Many hunters would not get their limit.
It will never pass as constitutional in court. Also, millions of people can make their own ammo. The equipment is not expensive.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
OK fine, then how about up the limit to 25 rounds if you can show the cashier a current, valid hunting license. Let me guess...you're going to come up with some other excuse....
How about no limit at all for any reason at all. We don't need an excuse.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
It just seems like common sense to me that you would not need more than 20 bullets per month. That's 2 bullets every three days. Why would someone need more bullets than that?

Imagine if the Las Vegas shooter had been limited to 20/mo. Many people that he killed might be alive today.
Need has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment. You don't get to tell others what they need.

BTW, the bad guys have never obeyed gun laws, so the Las Vegas shooter would have plenty of ammo.

Your juvenile thinking is embarrassing.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:01 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
New York actually got a 7 round law passed. There's no telling what kind of nonsense will come down the pike from anti-gun folks. Then the liberals wonder why gun owners fight tooth and nail these days against everything. It's because we know damned well what can, and in some cases is, happening. No more.

Every time someone starts off, "Why do you need..." you know nothing good is coming. No thanks. Or as a friend of mine says, "Because F you. That's why." There can no longer be an honest conversation. Nothing, truly nothing, the Dems are proposing will stop a single death.
And when they say "We don't want your guns"... that in most cases is a total lie.

They certainly would confiscate them if they could.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:38 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,631,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And when they say "We don't want your guns"... that in most cases is a total lie.

Most would not. That is the single most parroted hyperbolic statement that the NRA wants everyone to parrot.

I know of no democrat, personally, that wants firearms outright banned. Not my senator, not the senators I've met when I lived in WV, not the people that I know that are democrats.

Maybe stop with the hyperbole and have a reasoned dialogue?

That's what I do-as a hunter and avid shooter. I don't go about frothing at the mouth about the 'evil liberals'.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:48 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,107,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Most would not. That is the single most parroted hyperbolic statement that the NRA wants everyone to parrot.

I know of no democrat, personally, that wants firearms outright banned. Not my senator, not the senators I've met when I lived in WV, not the people that I know that are democrats.

Maybe stop with the hyperbole and have a reasoned dialogue?

That's what I do-as a hunter and avid shooter. I don't go about frothing at the mouth about the 'evil liberals'.
There have been lists posted here before of Demos like Pelosi, She said she would ban ALL guns if she could and so did Bill Clinton.

Old 01-14-2019, 11:07 PM

256 posts, read 140,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

From my cold, dead hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies