Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the carbine be banned?
yes. 3 3.37%
yes, but only if it meets assault-weapon specifications. 2 2.25%
no, don't ban it at all. 80 89.89%
other (please explain below). 4 4.49%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 01:57 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,650,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
I am very familiar with the M1 Grande. I would ban that one too. It's a military weapon.
.................... so was the Springfield rifled musket and the trap door Springfield that followed- both "military weapons". Should they be banned?

Let's face it- you just don't like guns. That is fine, but I wonder why you think you have the right to tell other people what they can and cannot buy. How do you feel about pot? Alcohol? Fast cars?

Liberals, at heart, are authoritarians who presume the right to control other people's lives. They are the antithesis of "liberalism" and are more akin to totalitarians. Note that not only do they want to ban physical items, but also speech that disagrees with them.

Stalin would be proud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 02:06 PM

29,431 posts, read 14,618,885 times
Travis,
Can you please explain the reasons you would like to see one magazine fed semi auto banned vs other magazine fed semi auto rifles ? What makes the AR-15 and M1 Carbine, M1 Garand different ?

Old 01-14-2019, 02:11 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I wonder why you think you have the right to tell other people what they can and cannot buy. How do you feel about pot? Alcohol? Fast cars?

Liberals, at heart, are authoritarians who presume the right to control other people's lives. They are the antithesis of "liberalism" and are more akin to totalitarians. Note that not only do they want to ban physical items, but also speech that disagrees with them.

Stalin would be proud.
To shed some light on your question, the OP has admitted in other threads that he would support a ban on chocolate, and that if he would have had the presence of mind to record the tag number, he would have called UPS to report a driver who had a cigarette in his mouth.

Old 01-14-2019, 02:11 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
.................... so was the Springfield rifled musket and the trap door Springfield that followed- both "military weapons". Should they be banned?

Let's face it- you just don't like guns. That is fine, but I wonder why you think you have the right to tell other people what they can and cannot buy. How do you feel about pot? Alcohol? Fast cars?

Stalin would be proud.
I'm not familiar with those other weapons. I have posted numerous times that I favor restrictions and/or bans on pot, alcohol, and fast cars.
//www.city-data.com/forum/53961579-post2.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...t-ban-car.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...n-another.html

So you see I am consistent. This is just progressivism 101. It was the progressives who pushed for prohibition in the early 20th century. It has nothing to do with Stalin.

Old 01-14-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
I'm not familiar with those other weapons. I have posted numerous times that I favor restrictions and/or bans on pot, alcohol, and fast cars.

So you see I am consistent. This is just progressivism 101. It was the progressives who pushed for prohibition in the early 20th century. It has nothing to do with Stalin.
If you are trying to represent progressivism, you are doing others who call themselves progressives a great disservice.

Old 01-14-2019, 02:16 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,384,844 times
Quote:

well you are correct about two things, you are certainly not familiar and you are consistent, consistently wrong that is.

Old 01-14-2019, 02:17 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
I am very familiar with the M1 Grande. I would ban that one too. It's a military weapon.

so you would ban military weapons then right? the M16, and by rote the AR15, and the M1 garand and the M1 carbine, probably the M14, but then where do you stop? the 1903 springfield and similar rifles were military weapons, as was the lever action henry rifle, the winchester model 73 lever action, the colt 1911 handgun, as well as the colt commander, a compact version of the 1911, and most any .38 revolver as they were all military weapons, and any muzzle loader weapon, again all were used in the military.

in fact i doubt you can find a firearm that was not use in the military in one country or another at one time or another. which means your idea is pure rubbish even if it could be implemented.

you might also read up on what the founding fathers said about the second amendment, again before making inane comments here. also decide what other rights you are willing to give up.

my suggestion is that you learn something about firearms before making inane statements like you have here.

Old 01-14-2019, 02:21 PM

Quote:
So you see I am consistent.
A shot in the dark: OP, would you happen to be a fan of Star Trek: The Next Generation?

Old 01-14-2019, 02:26 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,842,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I bet you find this very offensive, don't you OP? If so, I apologize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CokG0AlmRds

I really, really, really like her.

Old 01-14-2019, 02:28 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,842,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
If you are trying to represent progressivism, you are doing others who call themselves progressives a great disservice.

Indeed. I'm a liberal who is very supportive of others' right to gun ownership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies