Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 08:10 PM

1,406 posts, read 801,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
And you currently elect an overt white supremacist to office and have been for the last 15 years.
I'm pretty sure the president has not come out and said he believes white people are superior or that he hates people of other races (if he has and you can provide citations I will happily admit I am wrong), so at the very least your use of the term "overt" is absurd hyperbole and shows you are simply trying to score cheap points. And I have seen no convincing evidence that he harbors any personal ill will toward other races.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2019, 08:15 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,233 times
Meh what took so long? He has been saying racist crap for years. It seems to me, he is in a bit of a weakened state since he didn’t win by a landslide so NOW they feel comfortable speaking out.

Old 01-14-2019, 08:37 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
It’s the totality of his statements over his career, not just one slip.

Every time he opens his yap and it gets repeated by the news channels and major newspapers it damages the GOP’s image in the country’s suburbs.

He’s a political Typhoid Mary.

But republicans in King's district keep electing him. He is apparently just what they want. However, you'd think it would be alarming for most of them, to have him so openly voice his opinions, when they work hard to conceal what they are really thinking about people who are a bit different from themselves. The big-mouths like him, "out" the others in their party. It's actually good that there are some like him who can't resist revealing themselves. They make sure that we all know what is at the heart of their political and social philosophy.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:17 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Agree with that.

Seems Ted Cruz and other Republicans have a huge issue with King's recent racist statements and his many in the past.

He spoke about it Sunday along with other REPUBLICANS.
Actually, Ted Cruz didn't have a huge issue with King's xenophobia and racism in the past - I think King served as Cruz's co-chair for his 2016 campaign. These folks were willing to look the other way when convenient, and only now they're realizing King is Kryptonite, politically.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:37 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
Powerful rebuke from Rush.

Quote:
Democratic Reps. Bobby L. Rush (Ill.) and Tim Ryan (Ohio) said the House should take action and separately indicated that they would file resolutions to do so. Censure is a rare punishment for conduct bringing dishonor on the House, the most serious penalty that can be levied short of expulsion.
Quote:
His rabid racism continues to stain and embarrass this body and the years of deliberate silence from Republicans have only emboldened his ignorant and immoral behavior and empowered those who emulate him,” Rush said of King in a written statement.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.05c0c0341ba7

Old 01-14-2019, 10:48 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,895,500 times
Default How do liberals and conservatives feel about Steve King white supremacists remarks?

It seems that conservatives don't believe anything is racist anymore, so do y'all support Steve king's stand on issues or is he just being anti politically correct? I for one don't support his stance, but I think there are many more like him, and I wish they'd stand for what they believe in.

Old 01-14-2019, 10:57 PM

45,223 posts, read 26,437,203 times
What racist remarks?

Old 01-14-2019, 11:03 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
I don't agree with white nationalism, but I can't deny that its a direct reaction to radical racial politics on the left such as BLM, the Aztlan/Reconquista/Raza movement, and black identity politics.Liberals like to design majority black districts to elect black Democrats under their ASSUMPTION that blacks should vote for blacks based on race. The 2nd district in Louisiana, the only Democrat district here, is a perfect example of this. It was openly designed to have a black majority so a black Democrat will be elected though that district has elected Asian Republicans in the past.

Old 01-14-2019, 11:05 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
What racist remarks?
The OP didn't say they were racist remarks. Just sayin.

Old 01-14-2019, 11:07 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
I'm glad you know what Republicans are thinking better than they do.

Repeat a lie often enough and people believe it. This is how people like you and the predominantly liberal media have demonized Republicans and conservatives and pretty much anyone to the right of Lenin.

And Steve King is a boil on the ass of humanity, for more reasons than what is in the OP.
Steve King has been making outrageously racist remarks for a long, long time. Now, the Republicans want to feign dismay. Please.

There are still quite a few boils left in the GOP. But at least one of them was sent away: Jefferson Beauregard Sessions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies