Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2019, 08:52 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
But where was the "show of respect to women"?
The video appealed to show respect for women by providing counterexamples. Show respect - don't grab a handful. Show respect - don't say "What she means is..."

I am not quite sure why this needs explaining, honestly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Bullying? Now name calling? Tsk tsk. Somebody needs to shave off their toxicity.
I reserve the right to call people fools when they behave foolishly. It's behavior and as such under their control.

Old 01-15-2019, 08:55 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Thinking about it more isn't Gillette's slogan a micro-aggression?

The Best A Man Can Get

I didn't think we were allowed to assume genders? And if a woman identifies as a woman she isn't good enough for Gillette?

SJWism is always so confusing to me.

Old 01-15-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The video appealed to show respect for women by providing counterexamples. Show respect - don't grab a handful. Show respect - don't say "What she means is..."

I am not quite sure why this needs explaining, honestly.
That's not really chivalry though. You said the chivalry was tied to respect for women in your original post.

Quote:
You missed the appeal to show respect to women? Because that used to be a chivalrous ideal.
Chivalry in that board room would have been someone telling the man talking not to put words in her mouth.

I didn't see any chivalry in regards to women in the commercial.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
I reserve the right to call people fools when they behave foolishly. It's behavior and as such under their control.
How do you know the behavior is under their control? That's a personal responsibility paradigm...a very foreign concept to all statists but especially the statist Left.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:03 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Basic marketing 101.

Pick a controversial topic, then sit back and laugh as people bicker back and forth about it, and garner FREE publicity for your products!
Insulting potential customers, yeah real smart. Must have learned that from the DNC.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Chivalry in that board room would have been someone telling the man talking not to put words in her mouth.
And the commercial condemned that behavior. Dear Lord, did you need some sort of interspersed text? "What happened here was bad and should not be emulated."

Quote:
I didn't see any chivalry in regards to women in the commercial.
If only I'd thought to type something like an "appeal to show respect to women". Wait - I did, didn't I?

Anyway, do stop being willfully obtuse. You're not that dumb, I know you're not that dumb, and you know I know, so there's really no point.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:07 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
Wait, that's what the delicate little MRAs are getting worked up over? Dear Lord.

Well -"If you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, the one that holla is the one ya’ hit."
So where are the ads targeting toxic femininity?

Old 01-15-2019, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
So where are the ads targeting toxic femininity?
Are you familiar with the false equivalence fallacy, by any chance? But once the people who come up with silly ideas like "toxic femininity" become a group of consumers worth marketing to, I'm sure there'll be some.

Old 01-15-2019, 09:24 PM

Quote:
And the commercial condemned that behavior. Dear Lord, did you need some sort of interspersed text? "What happened here was bad and should not be emulated."

If only I'd thought to type something like an "appeal to show respect to women". Wait - I did, didn't I?

Anyway, do stop being willfully obtuse. You're not that dumb, I know you're not that dumb, and you know I know, so there's really no point.
That's not chivalry though. The narration/tone condemned it...true.

I'm not being obtuse. Maybe I have a more rigid chivalry definition but I didn't see it in there.

I'm not offended by the commercial. I love it. It's great to make fun of as it's pretty stupid and pointless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies