Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2019, 04:27 AM

1,279 posts, read 840,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
https://www.wsj.com/articles/p-g-cha...ad-11547467200

Coming soon from P&G, a new line of tampons for woke men.
I watched the whole add (from ProctEr & Gamble) and found it offensive because it seemed to state that men in general are bad, but "some" were improving.

I don't have a problem with the point of the ad- that men should behave better- but the ad seemed to slur all men, or at least most of them. It could have been handled better, by stating that true men are upstanding people; it could have painted men generally in a better light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2019, 04:49 AM

3,204 posts, read 3,466,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Show us in the ad where the word "toxic" is heard.
At about the 0:42 mark of the short film you can hear a news report where "toxic masculinity" is mentioned.

Old 01-16-2019, 05:01 AM

37,032 posts, read 41,957,933 times
I'm annoyed by companies who seem to think they know what's best and try to force social change. They don't and they shouldn't and they are evil by trying. Like some mad social scientists who don't even have the credentials or education to practice social science. I know some of specific intentions and do this for their own gain but I'm convince a bunch of others just never saw a publicity bandwagon they didn't want to jump on.

Old 01-16-2019, 05:22 AM

38,967 posts, read 27,328,653 times
I think "toxic masculinity" is some kind of made up term. It has always been just masculinity. A heterosexual woman knows what it (masculinity) is, fortunately.

Old 01-16-2019, 05:49 AM

41,710 posts, read 74,645,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
We are talking about current advertising, not fifty or seventy years ago.
I think you missed the point. Bigly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the question involved tampons, not douches.
try again?
Perhaps you should try to follow the conversation. My assertion was for all advertising for all feminine hygiene products, of which douche is one. See how that works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Thanks for agreeing. Mitch McConnell and the corporate culture go along to get along, and that means going along with the anti-white zeitgeist.

The ad campaign is run by leftist non-whites, so that's what the Left has to do with the TV ad.
Uh. You missed the point, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Insulting potential customers, yeah real smart. Must have learned that from the DNC.
And women have been the targets of insulting ads for decades. Now an ad gives men pointers on how to be better persons, and you poor widdle babies go beserk.

Old 01-16-2019, 06:08 AM

3,368 posts, read 1,587,531 times
Are we at peak PC BS, yet? I'm ready for the upswing.

Old 01-16-2019, 06:16 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,367,273 times
This is the problem with the left. They have the megaphone of media, and they believe they are in the majority, so they shout out and spew this kind of crap only to have it all backfire on them because they ARE NOT the majority! Idiots!

I've been using Gillett shavers for decades...no more!

Old 01-16-2019, 06:20 AM
Status: "Repub's IVF ruling is anti-family and anti-America" (set 1 day ago)

5,781 posts, read 3,560,973 times
I buy Gillette anyway, but that commercial inspires me to double my purchases from them. Way to go, Gillette!

BTW, there's a big difference between masculinity and toxic masculinity.

Masculinity - Even 30 years ago, before TS/TG came out in full force, this one was still rather vague, especially in regard to behavior. Male genitalia and XY chromosome configuration are the physical definitions of masculinity, but beyond that, it's a deep rabbit hole….no …. make that a whole prairie dog town (with branching tunnels and such). It's even more of a prairie dog town now that TS/TG has much more public awareness.

Toxic Masculinity - linking "manliness" with respectworthiness, especially when linking "unmanliness" in males with "disrespect-worthiness". Put another way, it says The Golden Rule is only for males who are strong, smart, brave, thick-skinned, socially competent, and (sometimes) can easily woo a sex partner (traditionally a female of course, but modern masculinists will give gay men a pass too - providing they have masculine airs and all around aesthetic).

Gillette is not attacking masculinity in general, only toxic masculinity and all the things associated with it (misogyny, bullying, cheap social dominance displays for the sake of impressing like-minded buddies or women too blind to see that social dominance alone doesn't make a good romantic partner).

Last edited by Phil75230; 01-16-2019 at 06:29 AM..

Old 01-16-2019, 06:23 AM

5,068 posts, read 1,997,500 times
I wonder if the staff of Gillette have a good sense of humor if they watch that parody of that ad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuFBnQCtwQk

Last edited by Hrw-500; 01-16-2019 at 06:34 AM..

Old 01-16-2019, 06:27 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,645,940 times
Can you imagine the screams from the SJWs if KFC would start to lecture blacks not to rob convenience stores?

I'm using gillette for 30 years, it ended yesterday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies