Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2019, 11:59 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRedneck View Post
You made the assertion that the women do the shopping. I pointed out that it offended my wife. Might also point out that it offended my daughter and her husband, plus my other two sons and THEIR wives.

I have no doubt it plays well< in certain parts of the country. Then again, those are likely the parts of the country where they wouldn't understand just what a true man is - much less what's expected of them.

<battening the hatches for the upcoming "you don't understand......" maelstrom>

No, I made a GUESS what this particular company based its ad on ( their targeted audience.) After all their ultimate goal is to sell, and sometimes their strategy to achieve this goal can be a winner or a total downer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2019, 01:01 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Gillette razors haven't been competitive on price and quality for 20 years or better. For nearly that long I've been using Wal-Mart's triple blade disposables. They used to be made by and branded Wilkinson, then switched to Wal-Mart's equate brand some years ago. Same great product, though, and I'd guess they're still made by Wilkinson. Far superior to Gillette at a fraction of the price. Actually, best razor I've ever used.

What I haven't yet found, though, is a good quality replacement for Gillette's Foamy Shaving Cream. Unless they've improved it recently, Barbasol is dry, thin in texture, and inferior to Foamy. So is Wal-Mart's equate.
Try shaving gel..... Once you try the gel you never go back to shaving cream. It comes in a tube, lasts longer, costs less and cleans up easier.

I buy nothing by choice from Walmart. There are plenty of alternatives. Now I live in another country and my eyes were opened by all the choices for a very reasonable price. I won't give names for any products, lol let them pay for advertising.

Old 01-30-2019, 03:07 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,714,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Try shaving gel..... Once you try the gel you never go back to shaving cream. It comes in a tube, lasts longer, costs less and cleans up easier.

I buy nothing by choice from Walmart. There are plenty of alternatives. Now I live in another country and my eyes were opened by all the choices for a very reasonable price. I won't give names for any products, lol let them pay for advertising.
I tried shaving gel years ago....went right back to shaving cream, thank you.

Wal-Mart is a huge store chocked full of alternatives for a very reasonable price. Their disposable razors are one of many examples. That's why so many people shop there.

Most advertising is obnoxious. Many much prefer personal recommendations.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:25 AM

51,648 posts, read 25,800,144 times
So Texas rednecks and their women who shop at Walmart don't care for ads about men behaving in a civilized manner.

What a shock.

Old 01-30-2019, 04:28 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So Texas rednecks and their women who shop at Walmart don't care for ads about men behaving in a civilized manner.

What a shock.

Nice bigoted post, though not surprising coming from you.

Old 01-30-2019, 05:36 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,118,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I tried shaving gel years ago....went right back to shaving cream, thank you.
I tried gel way back too...and prefer Barbasol shave cream...it's only a buck or so and doesn't clog up the razor like gel does!

Old 01-30-2019, 05:52 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,829,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

What a shock.

LOL. You obviously have man envy. Don't worry - we're used to it.

Old 01-30-2019, 05:54 AM

16,028 posts, read 6,836,692 times
I've gone back to the straight razor..............end of discussion.

Old 01-30-2019, 05:59 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,379,633 times
Another example of elites trying to tell the vast majority of people how we should behave. What a surprise.

Old 01-30-2019, 06:15 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,714,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Nice bigoted post, though not surprising coming from you.
Indeed....an ignore list charter member.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies