Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2019, 06:36 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,771,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Did the players complain? Or is this another I'll be mad about this even if they are not mad?
I don't think the players complained, but it is embarrassing that a national championship college team is invited to the White House and is served fast food! Although in a sense, I do agree with you. Had the media never reported on it, much fewer people would know about it (outside those on social media) and it would have been much less of a story.

Old 01-15-2019, 06:38 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,248,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
Embarrassing....he's made plenty of people look like fools, which is why they should have known to be careful to accept the invitation in the first place.....

But I agree with you; my first thought with all of the restaurant options in DC, is why he didn't choose one of them to cater. That wouldn't have been awkward or made headlines. He claimed he paid for the food out of pocket, so as a billionaire, he could have spent a few more bucks for something nice. He made some sort of comment that "they like this stuff," referring to the fast food
Yeah, he bragged about splurging for McDonald’s. He’s so proud in the pics, too. It’s embarrassing for him.

The thing is, I don’t think burgers is a horrid idea. It needs to be quality food, though.

You know what might have been cool? Ben’s Chili Bowl

Old 01-15-2019, 06:40 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,603,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
There has never been a more perfect display of just how awful this current administration is. Cold fries, anyone?!

https://twitter.com/robertarampton/s...47012003471361

The best part? Individual 1 paid for it out of his own pocket. It kind of makes sense now, doesn’t it?
The feigned pomposity of your misplaced outrage is absolutely incredible. And this stupid "Individual 1" is full retard. What a messed headspace you people live in.

Old 01-15-2019, 06:40 AM

14,462 posts, read 11,203,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Only if you are a self-absorbed jerk. A good host always knows the diet of its guest. What if a vegetarian shows up? they starve?
There is a government shutdown, the White House Vegetarian Chef is furloughed.

Old 01-15-2019, 06:41 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,248,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
What is really weird to me, he was just in New Orleans.......hello, some of the best cuisine in the world. I am sure he could have ordered and brought the food back to D.C. on our beautiful Air force One.

Well, to each his own. That was a missed deal. Does he even know where he was????
^Another great idea!

Let’s be real, though. Do you think I-1 enjoys the fine cuisine in NOLA? ...or does he go to Taco Bell and Pizza Hut when down there?

45,680 posts, read 23,815,156 times
On a tape you can hear one of the players say "I thought it was a joke." -- definitely not complaining but kind of funny.

Trump doesn't operate unilaterally. Someone else thought it was a good idea. He did what he did.

Funny anecdote....and nothing more.

Each one of us might have had a better idea for food but it was short notice and all and really doesn't matter.

Now I have a craving for a Big Mac. I eat one a year maybe....if that.........hmmmmm

32,843 posts, read 12,107,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
A consistent diet of junk food is probably one of the reasons Trump is brain dead.

Relationship Between Fast Food & the Brain

https://healthyeating.sfgate.com/rel...ain-12203.html

It might explain a lot of other things in politics lately as well.
I heard, even before he ran for President, that one reason he likes fast food is because he's paranoid re getting poisoned. He can have some no name person he trusts pick it up and the worker putting it together doesn't know it is for DJT.

Old 01-15-2019, 06:42 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,386,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
NFL draft is in 3 months. Getting fat on junk food does not help draft stock.
Most of the players entering the draft did not attend, as they've already left school and are training for the combine.

Not that anyone will care, but this info a politician posted on twitter is also relevant:

Quote:
Outside catering is not permitted at the White House. Take out of some sort was literally the only option. And the Secret Service has a big say in what can be brought in. Fast food restaurants are likely some of the only places where you can order this amount of food anonymously.

Old 01-15-2019, 06:42 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,455,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
There is a government shutdown, the White House Vegetarian Chef is furloughed.
So then why have Clemson there at all? No necessity. Except as a favor to Lindsay Graham.

Old 01-15-2019, 06:44 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,455,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
Most of the players entering the draft did not attend, as they've already left school and are training for the combine.

Not that anyone will care, but this info a politician posted on twitter is also relevant:
Heard of Grub Hub? I am sure most any restaurant will do take out for the white house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies