Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2019, 01:57 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Seriously people, seriously? If you want to be depressed this is the place to come.

I think the average decrepit age of the posting base here has forgotten what it was like the be a college kid, when I was in college I was just happy to have a meal. This board is filled with miserable comments and incessant hatred towards anything Trump or Republican. Maybe you should all go have a happy meal.
Wrong, fed 4 big college kids Friday night and Saturday morning. BBQ for dinner, and I offered every breakfast food one could imagine. They all wanted scrambled eggs and turkey sausage and fruit. No soda, milk, coffee or tea. Just water to drink.

Old 01-15-2019, 01:58 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Am I the only one that thinks a get together like this is for conversation, mingling, showing appreciation, etc. and the food is not the center of it all?

i agree that food isn't the center of such a visit. but it's a simple detail ( and sign of a good host ) that could have easily had a better solution if the WH hadn't been so incompetent.

Old 01-15-2019, 01:58 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Seems the college students were not impressed.

"I thought it was a joke."

"Absurd."

https://twitter.com/RogueUSMint/stat...66474031292416

Old 01-15-2019, 01:59 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Drama View Post
If Obama had done this he'd be called, "Thug in Chief" or "Ghetto". Funny how his base supports every ridiculous move this guy makes. Just admit, Trump is everything you feared Obama would be a low class unfit imbecile. Yet it's perfectly OK for this behavior, geeee I wonder why. I can't put my finger on how things like a Tan suit made Right wingers so mad but Trump can serve athletes cold fast food and cheat on all his wives and still be loved. I just can't put my finger on what was so hated about Obama.
Yea, that's a tough one.

Old 01-15-2019, 01:59 PM

5,730 posts, read 2,190,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
simple question: do you believe the burgers were warm?
I don’t know, I wasn’t lucky enough to visit the White House to find out for myself. I’m sure the food wasn’t sitting there for hours and was safe to eat if that’s what your worried about. A college athlete could burn off those calories in one 90 minute workout.

Old 01-15-2019, 02:01 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,497,029 times
Was there some reason they couldn't have hired a caterer?

Old 01-15-2019, 02:06 PM

5,730 posts, read 2,190,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Drama View Post
If Obama had done this he'd be called, "Thug in Chief" or "Ghetto". Funny how his base supports every ridiculous move this guy makes. Just admit, Trump is everything you feared Obama would be a low class unfit imbecile. Yet it's perfectly OK for this behavior, geeee I wonder why. I can't put my finger on how things like a Tan suit made Right wingers so mad but Trump can serve athletes cold fast food and cheat on all his wives and still be loved. I just can't put my finger on what was so hated about Obama.
Ah, there’s the race card, was wondering when it would pop up. I simply wouldn’t of cared one way or the other but I can only speak for myself. Would definitely not do or say any of the silly things you listed above

Old 01-15-2019, 02:09 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Wrong, fed 4 big college kids Friday night and Saturday morning. BBQ for dinner, and I offered every breakfast food one could imagine. They all wanted scrambled eggs and turkey sausage and fruit. No soda, milk, coffee or tea. Just water to drink.
Liberal Arts Majors???

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Among friends, yes. But let me ask you this: if you invited people you didn't know to your home in recognition of some sort of outstanding achievement - people you claimed you wanted to honor and make to feel special - is that what you would serve?
Maybe. But who cares? Why can't you understand that it wouldn't matter what he did to you that hates so? Admit that this is one more thing to beotch about.

Complaining about what food someone serves you is pathetic and rude. It also tells me more about the complainer than the server.

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
I don’t know,...

not hard to figure out. unless these were produced in the WH kitchen and then placed in fast food containers ( which would be ridiculous ) these were made at local restaurants and transported to the WH. the sheer volume guarantees that the vast majority of food had already gone cold before it even arrived at the WH.

Quote:
I’m sure the food wasn’t sitting there for hours and was safe to eat if that’s what your worried about.

nope, not part of my worry. my repeated point is that we have an incompetent administration that can't even handle the simplest task of providing a warm meal to an invited honored guest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies