Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 01:26 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times

Advertisements

Talk about stereotyping. Just because Lindsey is perceived by many as effeminate in his manner automatically means he is gay??? I've known plenty of effeminate acting men who were happily married to their wives. The two do not go hand in hand. Yeah, he's never been married and he is a bit of a screamer. So what? Has he ever been "outed" by anyone? Not to my knowledge. He may well be asexual. Why does he necessarily have to be a closet case? Not that he's someone I enjoy defending. I think he's a despicable human being but, that doesn't equate with being a closeted gay man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2019, 01:27 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It has nothing to do with his sexual orientation, and everything to do with the $800,000 he took from Russia. Lindsey is owned and operated by Vlad.
that's probably light years closer to the truth than the hogwash in the OP

Old 01-15-2019, 01:29 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,301,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Would this be similar to the $500,000 that the Clintons took from them?

And why then, is it necessary to smear him based on his alleged sexual orientation. Don't the Democrats say they are above such things?
What makes you think this person represents all, or even "many" Dems? I've never heard of him. One would think you'd be happy, he's spreading the opinion of a REPUBLICAN.

Politicians taking money is a problem for all parties. R's seem to be more owned than D's lately, but it's wrong no-matter WHO accepts dirty money.

Old 01-15-2019, 01:30 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Again -- you misunderstand AGAIN ----- the criticism is not that Graham is gay -- it is that he refuses to admit he is gay.
Shame on lindsey you say?

Old 01-15-2019, 01:32 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Talk about stereotyping. Just because Lindsey is perceived by many as effeminate in his manner automatically means he is gay??? I've known plenty of effeminate acting men who were happily married to their wives. The two do not go hand in hand. Yeah, he's never been married and he is a bit of a screamer. So what? Has he ever been "outed" by anyone? Not to my knowledge. He may well be asexual. Why does he necessarily have to be a closet case? Not that he's someone I enjoy defending. I think he's a despicable human being but, that doesn't equate with being a closeted gay man.
No it isn't because he is effeminate -- because he really isn't.

That's not it at all.

Old 01-15-2019, 01:36 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
And for the record, this discussion has been around for at least 16 years, 2002 with his first Senate race.

Old 01-15-2019, 01:38 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
that's probably light years closer to the truth than the hogwash in the OP

Dear, the quote is right there on the leader of the Democrat Coalition's twitter page. For your convenience, I've included the link.

Whether you choose to believe it or not, is irrelevant.

Old 01-15-2019, 01:39 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And for the record, this discussion has been around for at least 16 years, 2002 with his first Senate race.
Who mocked his sexuality back then?

Old 01-15-2019, 01:41 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Leader of Democrat Coalition doesn't like Lindsey Graham. Accuses him of being Gay. (like there's something wrong with that) Of course it wouldn't be a Democrat smear unless included Russians & Putin.

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/...92137272655872

Apparently the Democrat cabal is shows respect towards LGBT rights only if you are a Democrat.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...indsey-graham/
I presumed he was gay (as most people did, I suppose). Then I read his e-book with the very original title of "My Story" (lol!) to see whom we might know in common. And now I'm not so sure.

Old 01-15-2019, 01:46 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Leader of Democrat Coalition doesn't like Lindsey Graham. Accuses him of being Gay. (like there's something wrong with that) Of course it wouldn't be a Democrat smear unless included Russians & Putin.

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/...92137272655872

Apparently the Democrat cabal is shows respect towards LGBT rights only if you are a Democrat.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...indsey-graham/
Dunno how you - or anyone - gets that from this tweet.

What I get is that Rs are talking amongst themselves about Graham, and hinting darkly that it isn't just that he's gay, but that he's a real pervert, like a child molester, and that makes him subject to political blackmail.

I do agree that Cooper should NOT have passed this along. No need to take seriously the fallacy that gay equals child molester or any other kind of predator. If it's true that Cooper is himself gay, then it's doubly reprehensible. He should know how damaging this kind of innuendo is.

FTR, while I don't like his politics in general, I sometimes find that Graham has said the smartest, most perceptive, thing in the room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies