Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 12:20 PM

8,336 posts, read 2,965,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Wyoming has less people than a California truck stop. Not exactly an apt comparison.
Wyoming also has less illegal aliens and welfare recipients than a California truck stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2019, 12:25 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
California has the highest rate (#1 in the U.S.) of those 25 and over without a high school diploma and also those on welfare. They along with illegals cost the state a fortune.

Wyoming has the lowest rate (#50 in the U.S.) of those 25 and over without a high school diploma.
Of course. A college diploma helps a lot in the Wyoming flight plan. Nothing's better than a job waiting for you when you take off.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:27 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,864,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
What excessive amount of babies? The birth rate in CA has been dropping and it's the lowest in 100 years.

"California’s birth rate fell to its lowest level in at least 100 years during 2017, even dipping below rates seen in the Great Depression, according to new figures from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

https://www.sacbee.com/news/state/ca...211330979.html
I doubt the illegal aliens in LA are filling out Census forms.

It's a high high birth rate city. California has lots of areas with large retiree populations up north and the bay area that have low birth rates, Angelenos as a whole have huge families.

They have up to 46 students to a classroom because the system in LA is falling apart from the tremendous amounts of babies people have in LA.

As a single man, I would never live in LA. Wyoming has lots of good places for me that are far more hip and cosmopolitan than most of LA.

Angelenos have very large families. Part of the reason why I wouldn't fit there.

I thought Wyoming was far more socially fun for me then Los Angeles. Los Angeles is considered the world's 5th rudest city, it's not hip to only speak English in LA, people like me are discriminated against.

Other then the ultra-wealthy areas and where celebrities live, LA is full of lots and lots of poor familiies who come from countries where it's cultural tradition to have very large families.

Everyone knows that the countries that LA countries has millions anchor babies and illegal aliens have very high birth rates.

California has alot of low birth rate areas like the northern part of the state and the bay area.

Old 01-16-2019, 12:31 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
If Wyoming is so wonderful why are so many leaving? They rank dead last in population growth. A negative 15% net migration.

https://www.businessinsider.com/stat...to-2017-2018-1

Old 01-16-2019, 12:35 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I doubt the illegal aliens in LA are filling out Census forms.

It's a high high birth rate city. California has lots of areas with large retiree populations up north and the bay area that have low birth rates, Angelenos as a whole have huge families.

They have up to 46 students to a classroom because the system in LA is falling apart from the tremendous amounts of babies people have in LA.

As a single man, I would never live in LA. Wyoming has lots of good places for me that are far more hip and cosmopolitan than most of LA.

Angelenos have very large families. Part of the reason why I wouldn't fit there.

I thought Wyoming was far more socially fun for me then Los Angeles. Los Angeles is considered the world's 5th rudest city, it's not hip to only speak English in LA, people like me are discriminated against.

Other then the ultra-wealthy areas and where celebrities live, LA is full of lots and lots of poor familiies who come from countries where it's cultural tradition to have very large families.

Everyone knows that the countries that LA countries has millions anchor babies and illegal aliens have very high birth rates.

California has alot of low birth rate areas like the northern part of the state and the bay area.
Are they all having their babies at home? I dont think they would and hide babies since they would want birth certificates and all.

Otherwise they can tell how many babies are being born with no Census needed.

LA rates are in line with the rest of the state, fyi.

"Last year, the state reached a historic milestone: the lowest birth rate on record – 12.4 births per thousand people. That rate was 12.3 for Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties and a Southern California News Group analysis of state projections shows the region’s rate could fall another 24 percent by 2040."

https://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/1...ths-for-women/

Wyoming is more hip and cosmopolitan than LA? That's kinda hilarious. Wonder where you've even been to there...or if you have.

Last edited by latimeria; 01-16-2019 at 12:44 PM..

Old 01-16-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
If Wyoming is so wonderful why are so many leaving? They rank dead last in population growth. A negative 15% net migration.

https://www.businessinsider.com/stat...to-2017-2018-1
LA is completely overwhelmed by it's 10 million people in the county. Collapsing health care infrastructure with many hospitals rated extremely low because they provide third-world health-care, infectious disease runs rampant, long lines with coughing and sneezing people that to get a gallon of milk at the store, crowded interstates that should have been widened generations ago, massive income disparities.

The best is yet to come for Wyoming. 585,000 people is more than enough. The infrastructure is not overwhelmed, teachers have small classrooms, hospitals and nursing homes are below capacity for the population, the interstates aren't congested, lines in the stores are rare.

Your right about outmigration. 1,600 left the labor force the last 6 months but total non-farm employment increased by 4,500

https://www.bls.gov/regions/mountain...yoming.htm#eag

Old 01-16-2019, 12:43 PM

8,336 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Quote:
Are they all having their babies at home? I dont think they would and hide babies since they would want birth certificates and all.

"Last year, the state reached a historic milestone: the lowest birth rate on record – 12.4 births per thousand people. That rate was 12.3 for Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside and San Bernardino counties and a Southern California News Group analysis of state projections shows the region’s rate could fall another 24 percent by 2040."

More anchor babies born in Los Angeles than 14 states combined. https://onenewsnow.com/national-secu...s-total-births

Old 01-16-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:

Wyoming is more hip and cosmopolitan than LA? That's kinda hilarious. Wonder where you've even been to there...or if you have.
I have been to LA many times and I don't know what is so hip about people sprawling blankets and grilling rotten food and juicing produce that is past it's prime from a discount supermarket like they do Westlake. I had to go to many coffee shops once in Koreatown because so many people were coughing, sneezing and blowing their noses from all the prevlence of viruses in the city from rampant crowded and millions living in third-world conditions. There was only one coffee shop that had patrons and employees who weren't coughing and sneezing all over after searching for nearly an hour. The buses are crowded and many of the people live many families to a house with not enough bathrooms so they can't shower.

Also, the metro blue line when I rode it had a women leave the train with lots of yellow poop. It is so common that no one noticed the smell. I understand people have accidents but people didn't even smell it because of that's what the city smells like.

Wow, 12.3 is about 125,000 babies a year. LOL

Lots of big tax increases for Angelenos coming from 125,000 babies are a year being born. That means that the entire county has well over a million children to educate.

No wonder, they pack 46 children into a class.

Old 01-16-2019, 01:23 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
I have been to LA many times and I don't know what is so hip about people sprawling blankets and grilling rotten food and juicing produce that is past it's prime from a discount supermarket like they do Westlake. I had to go to many coffee shops once in Koreatown because so many people were coughing, sneezing and blowing their noses from all the prevlence of viruses in the city from rampant crowded and millions living in third-world conditions. There was only one coffee shop that had patrons and employees who weren't coughing and sneezing all over after searching for nearly an hour. The buses are crowded and many of the people live many families to a house with not enough bathrooms so they can't shower.

Also, the metro blue line when I rode it had a women leave the train with lots of yellow poop. It is so common that no one noticed the smell. I understand people have accidents but people didn't even smell it because of that's what the city smells like.

Wow, 12.3 is about 125,000 babies a year. LOL

Lots of big tax increases for Angelenos coming from 125,000 babies are a year being born. That means that the entire county has well over a million children to educate.

No wonder, they pack 46 children into a class.
Well, since you think CA is so horrid, why bother thinking about it as much as you do? So.Many.Threads.Created

Think of how much service you could give in your community instead of creating wonky hate threads....

Old 01-16-2019, 01:25 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
LA is completely overwhelmed by it's 10 million people in the county. Collapsing health care infrastructure with many hospitals rated extremely low because they provide third-world health-care, infectious disease runs rampant, long lines with coughing and sneezing people that to get a gallon of milk at the store, crowded interstates that should have been widened generations ago, massive income disparities.

The best is yet to come for Wyoming. 585,000 people is more than enough. The infrastructure is not overwhelmed, teachers have small classrooms, hospitals and nursing homes are below capacity for the population, the interstates aren't congested, lines in the stores are rare.

Your right about outmigration. 1,600 left the labor force the last 6 months but total non-farm employment increased by 4,500

https://www.bls.gov/regions/mountain...yoming.htm#eag
So despite the "vibrant" job market people are still flocking out of Wyoming. Must be something very wrong with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies