Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 10:20 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
One question for Trump supporters: If the Mueller report would completely vindicate Trump of any wrongdoing and confirm that there was no collusion, why would Trump not want the American people to see it? Would Trump want to be able to show the American people that Mueller WAS a witch hunt?!

I'll wait
I didn't know it was Trumps, call. It is Barr's discretion what he publishes for the public.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:21 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Yep. Which is what AG nominee William Barr repeatedly explained to Senate Democrats yesterday during his confirmation hearings. Much to their apparent surprise.
Democrats are not deep divers on details. They prefer to pass things then find out what's in them. They truly looked flabbergasted when Barr explain it. They continue to push Barr to agree and put his thumb on the scale and support their position. All based on emotion and hate for Trump.
What they really want is someone who will ignore the evidence, DOJ procedures, and rule of law to get Trump out of office. Asking him to recuse himself was central to their goal. His answer that he isn't interested in being A.G. in name only must have let the air out of their balloon.

Last edited by phma; 01-16-2019 at 10:34 AM..

Old 01-16-2019, 10:22 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
I expect AG Barr to disclose as much information as possible and all that he reasonably can. But that will not include the Special Counsel report itself.
I believe you are on the money, or at least damned close. But I think it's important to keep in mind that legally, he does have the authority to release whatever he sees fit to release of the Mueller report. Obviously, he will never release the whole thing, but I believe he will release substantial portions of it - even if for no other reason that there will be tremendous public pressure to do so. There is certain to be quite a bit that can be released without doing any harm, and when he releases his own summary report, I expect him to release relevant portions of the Mueller report to support his conclusions.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:23 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Democrats are not deep divers on details. They prefer to pass things then find out what's in them. They truly looked flabbergasted when Barr explain it. They continue to push Barr to agree and put his thumb on the scale and support their position. All based on emotion and hate for Trump.

To which Barr stated that he would not be bullied 'By the press, by Congress, by the President or by anybody'. They did not appear to be happy about that.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:26 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
To which Barr stated that he would not be bullied 'By the press, by Congress, by the President or by anybody'. They did not appear to be happy about that.

I think it's interesting you have this POV.

I know a lot of Democrats and they like Barr and feel, like Mueller, that he is trustworthy and an American first and foremost. Your views about this seem to be what you want to see honestly. Are you a conservative? Seems you are attempting to infer some sort of disdain from liberals/Democrats, and the press, which is unfounded and primarily your personal POV.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
I believe you are on the money, or at least damned close. But I think it's important to keep in mind that legally, he does have the authority to release whatever he sees fit to release of the Mueller report. Obviously, he will never release the whole thing, but I believe he will release substantial portions of it - even if for no other reason that there will be tremendous public pressure to do so. There is certain to be quite a bit that can be released without doing any harm, and when he releases his own summary report, I expect him to release relevant portions of the Mueller report to support his conclusions.
And now I believe you are on the money as well, or at least damn close. Barr stated during the hearings that he will release all the information he can and I believe he will be eager to do so. But that will not include the Special Counsel report itself.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I think it's interesting you have this POV.

I know a lot of Democrats and they like Barr and feel, like Mueller, that he is trustworthy and an American first and foremost. Your views about this seem to be what you want to see honestly. Are you a conservative? Seems you are attempting to infer some sort of disdain from liberals/Democrats, and the press, which is unfounded and primarily your personal POV.
It is obvious that Democrat left and their hand-puppets in the media have an almost foaming at the mouth, rabid level of hatred for Trump and will do virtually anything to try to bring this guy down, even up to and including solutions which will cause great harm to our country. This is what I believe is motivating these people here and not anything related to any feelings they have regarding William Barr.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:35 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
Quote:
And now I believe you are on the money as well, or at least damn close. Barr stated during the hearings that he will release all the information he can and I believe he will be eager to do so. But that will not include the Special Counsel report itself.
You know I'm very liberal, but frankly, the more I see of Barr the more I like. If he's being sincere, then I think this is perhaps the best possible AG we could have asked for from Trump. I'm actually shocked Trump picked him, unless this whole confirmation hearing is one big smokescreen. But I don't have any reason to think that it is. I think this guy is actually furreal.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
You know I'm very liberal, but frankly, the more I see of Barr the more I like. If he's being sincere, then I think this is perhaps the best possible AG we could have asked for from Trump. I'm actually shocked Trump picked him, unless this whole confirmation hearing is one big smokescreen. But I don't have any reason to think that it is. I think this guy is actually furreal.
I agree. And based on what I saw yesterday, it appears clear that he is not taking this position because he cares particularly about Trump. He leans to the right in his legal ideology, but at this stage, I expect he is far more concerned about his reputation as a man of integrity and a straight shooter than he is about what Trump wants.

I expect Barr will play by the rules in place on this and let the chips fall where they may.

Old 01-16-2019, 10:49 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:

I expect Barr will play by the rules in place on this and let the chips fall where they may.
Wasn't he part of the AG's office, during the big cover up of HW's shenanigans?
Barr was the main cover up fixer in Iran/Contra Affair..... A CIA operation running cocaine into Mena, Arkansas(Bill Clinton)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies