Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2019, 05:35 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/16/p...ecret-service/

"The Secret Service was never contacted by Nancy Pelosi’s office or other Democratic congressional leadership regarding their ability to protect the president, members of the administration and Congress during the State of the Union, according to a senior law enforcement official at the Department of Homeland Security.
According to the official who spoke to the The Daily Caller, Pelosi made the decision unilaterally without contacting the Secret Service or DHS. “The Secret Service was never contacted by congressional leadership regarding our security plan or the Secret Service’s ability to carry it out,” the senior law enforcement official said."

Trump needs to call Pelosi-----lying Pelosi.

Pelosi invited Trump during the shutdown, on the 3rd..... Now, she is an Indian Giver?
She is a Master Baiter... & switch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 05:37 AM

7,542 posts, read 11,576,646 times
Dems should use the SOTU address as bargaining power with Trump to just about cave on the wall from 6 billion down to 2 billion then Dems would most likely agree. Sing a bill to keep the government open for a long time then you then get your SOTU address a month later.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:40 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
So let him do the SOTU in the Senate. VP Pence and Sen. Mitch McConnell can sit behind President Trump.
Perfect tableau.

Trump could give his speech while McConnell and Pence kept their lips attached to each of Trump's buttocks.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:45 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
I wouldn't want my security provided by those I hadn't paid in two months.

Just sayin'.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Per the Constitution, he could write a memo, and send it to the hill.

The Senate Chamber would be an epic move...
Upon her swearing in, Pelosi invited Trump during the shutdown for the SOTU to be held in the house chamber, Jan. 3rd. So, she has been virtue signaled, to Bait & Switch. The house Democrats turned her into an Indian Giver, quickly.
Blows with the direction of the wind. She has no integrity what so ever, once her backbone failed.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:34 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
did you know the US Capitol has their own police force with 1,600 police assigned in a 3 block area? they're tripping over each other there .....her whole premise is absurd. Hold it in the Senate Chamber if Pelosi wants to stop the State of the Union speech tradition.
Put those 1600 on a 40 hour a week work shift. How many is that at 1 time to patrol the buildings, parks, streets and congresspeople and their families on a shift?

My paper informs me they just arrested a guy who intended to fire a rocket at the White House. What if he had not been caught?

WTH, we don't need to be told the state of the union by anybody including the POTUS. It is clear, the USA is toast.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:37 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Upon her swearing in, Pelosi invited Trump during the shutdown for the SOTU to be held in the house chamber, Jan. 3rd. So, she has been virtue signaled, to Bait & Switch. The house Democrats turned her into an Indian Giver, quickly.
Blows with the direction of the wind. She has no integrity what so ever, once her backbone failed.
"Indian Giver"? Really?

Old 01-17-2019, 06:37 AM

9,882 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuptag View Post
Or he can do it in a Stadium in say Phoenix, paid for by his 2016 campaign committee - which probably is still around, and have a hand-selected audience cheering and then send the transcript to the House.

I can almost see a new tradition being born here. Congress just made itself more irrelevant.
Perhaps he can use the funds his 2020 campaign raised before and after the recent oval office address under the guise of the "Official Secure the Border Fund."

Old 01-17-2019, 06:41 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times
Personally, I always thought the State of the Union Speech is a waste of time anymore. About 3/4 of it is people clapping (or not clapping). But the Homeland security says they can handle it and make it safe. So Pelosi is wrong. Let Trump make the speech. I am sure people want to hear what he will say. I will probably watch reruns of some old TV show on Hulu. I've tried watching SOU addresses in the past and always get bored with the lack of substance.

Old 01-17-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
"Indian Giver"? Really?
That is what it is called around here, when you give and then take it back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies