Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 02:23 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The problem is that they can be 'harvested' later.

I seem to recall hearing that in the UK people have to register to vote before every election. That way it's up to date. Maybe we should do that to prevent a lot of fraud.
I don't think they have to register every election, but they have online registration and the national government actually goes out and registers citizens to vote to boost participation.

So I don't think you actually support the UK system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2019, 02:25 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Another prime example of just how dumb conservatives are. I mean that sincerely.

An intelligent, educated person would critically interpret this information and say, "well, hang on - people die, move, change names all the time. That doesn't mean these people voted, nor does it mean that they are truly officially ineligible - it just means an active match couldn't be found any longer."

A conservative looks at this info and immediately connects it with another fictitious assumption in their paranoid brain to reach the conclusion that it's more "evidence" of one big liberal conspiracy!

This is exactly how conservatives are the biggest purveyors of Fake News.

Old 01-16-2019, 02:30 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Another prime example of just how dumb conservatives are. I mean that sincerely.

An intelligent, educated person would critically interpret this information and say, "well, hang on - people die, move, change names all the time. That doesn't mean these people voted, nor does it mean that they are truly officially ineligible - it just means an active match couldn't be found any longer."

A conservative looks at this info and immediately connects it with another fictitious assumption in their paranoid brain to reach the conclusion that it's more "evidence" of one big liberal conspiracy!

This is exactly how conservatives are the biggest purveyors of Fake News.
Judicial Watch (which is cited by the OP) own press release says the 1.5 mill consisted mostly of deceased or moved people.

Old 01-16-2019, 02:30 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Except they didn't vote. Inactive voters, it's sort of a clue. But your version sure does make for a better story.
They were 'ineligible'. No one knows if they'd have voted later but why tempt fate? Every state should be doing this. For some if you miss three elections you are automatically removed from voter rolls.

I've always said voter registration should be connected to IRS and death records.

Old 01-16-2019, 02:37 PM

662 posts, read 313,250 times
The OP is a loyal follower of conservative fake news stories. This story is garbage, but it plays well to the conspiracy crowd because they don't even really need the writer of the article to push them, they already want to believe millions vote illegally because their orange daddy said so.

Old 01-16-2019, 02:42 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
They were 'ineligible'. No one knows if they'd have voted later but why tempt fate? Every state should be doing this. For some if you miss three elections you are automatically removed from voter rolls.

I've always said voter registration should be connected to IRS and death records.
Purging voter rolls of ineligible voters is one thing. Stating that they voted is quite another. That wold be massive voter fraud.

Old 01-16-2019, 02:59 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:

I seem to recall hearing that in the UK people have to register to vote before every election. That way it's up to date. Maybe we should do that to prevent a lot of fraud.
Yes, in theory they could be harvested later. But I don’t know of any instance where that’s been done, especially in wholesale numbers, do you?

I like tidy lists as much as anyone, but... I’ll tell you a secret here. Banks don’t run down every last cent if the cashier’s drawers are off at the end of the day. It’s a losing proposition to spend $50 to resolve a $5 discrepancy.

Old 01-16-2019, 03:04 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,805 times
Quote:

Even though that makes perfect sense, the left will cry VOTER SUPPRESSION!!!

Poor folk have no way to register willy nilly like that. We is too dumb to keep up.

As for the OP: You projected that these people voted with no proof that it actually happened. That's dishonest.

On the other hand, I would have to believe that there are issues with dead folks and illegals assuming identities and voting. In order for an illegal to work, they have to assume an identity. They have no problem doing that so voting would hardly phase them if it meant getting Dems who favor them elected.

Common sense isn't hard when the obvious is so blatantly exposed.

Old 01-16-2019, 03:16 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times
Inactive voters are exactly the ones removed from Ohio's voter rolls. Ohio's law was challenged by the left on the usual disparate affect, disenfranchisement grounds, which led the Supreme
Court to uphold Ohio's law, as constitutional.

The losing gubernatorial candidate in Georgia, Abrams, cried foul too, when Georgia's more generous, (in terms of how long a 'voter' could be inactive, before being removed) law resulted in voters being removed from the rolls. She has since filed suit against Georgia re that law and other 'disenfranchisement' issues, (which were really Democrat county administrative issues). But, who cares, her version of disparate affect does make a better story. Wonder how this suit will get decided?

As a voter if you don't show an interest in voting then why cost one's fellow citizens in administrative costs by maintaining you on the rolls. Not to mention opening an avenue for vote fraud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Except they didn't vote. Inactive voters, it's sort of a clue. But your version sure does make for a better story.

Old 01-16-2019, 03:18 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times
Perfect targets for use as voter fraud fodder. Not maintaining the rolls invites all sorts of problems and potential for mischief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Judicial Watch (which is cited by the OP) own press release says the 1.5 mill consisted mostly of deceased or moved people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies