Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 01:32 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The things Obama ran on were not radical. Ending the war in Iraq. Not getting us into new stupid wars. Prosecuting bankers that broke our laws. Barring lobbyists from the White House. Addressing our immigration issue.

None of those things are radical. The problem is that he did none of them. In most cases he did the exact opposite of what he promised.

This is not something that only the (D)'s are facing either. Trump isn't exactly Mr Promise keeper. No, this topic is not about Trump, it's simply me noting about those in glass houses throwing stones............
Obviously you weren't paying attention to ISIS in the middle east. Are you so naive to believe they would have stopped there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2019, 01:34 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
"Tyler Durden" huh?
he has been knocking around for years. He posts hype /clickbait stories, he is not considered a credible source .

This story should really be titled. "Trump supporters are depressed and need a little pick me up"...

6,927 posts, read 6,937,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Democrats are starting to see some light, when they aren't obsessing about Trump. That light was that Obama was a very bad President. They realize that if they don't start to do something different, they will be devastated yet again in 2020.

Democrats Turn On Obama's "Establishment" Legacy As 2020 Approaches

Wow!
In short, Obama spent eight years "deferring a radical disruption" that the country was absolutely waiting for. And then Trump - an actual radical, came along and took the Oval Office away from the establishment.
Zero Hedge has been consistently wrong every time that some Trumper here has posted a link to it. This story is no exception, and the author's reliance on Vanity Fair doesn't help.

Obama was far from perfect, but he was still a reasonable president. Dems are not wasting their time critiquing him, believe me. Hillary gets more criticism from the Dems than Obama does. IMO, Hillary was the candidate of the Democratic party establishment, and her campaign lacked personal authenticity and did not inspire voters the way Bernie did. Big mistake on the part of the Dem establishment to deny Bernie the nomination. Bernie would have beat Trump with little difficulty.

But that was then, this is now. Outside the closed system which consists of Trump's base, Fox and Rush Limbaugh, Trump's approval ratings are abysmal. According to NPR, only 35% of Independents give Trump a positive approval rating. If Trump continues to play solely to his base, he will continue to alienate the other 60 - 65% of the American public who refuse to drink the kool-aide - not exactly a winning strategy.

I like Beto O'Rourke, and he could defeat Trump easily. So could Elizabeth Warren. Trump is really doing a lot of damage to himself with this shutdown. Add this to all the damage he has caused just in his first two years in office, and it's extremely doubtful that he will be elected to a second term. But then again, Putin may have more surprises for us up his sleeve. Then all bets are off.

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
I voted for Obama dear.

But blind party dogma doesn't stop me from admitting he turned out to be something completely different. You might take lesson from this. At least, it sounds like some Democrats are starting to do that very thing.
Ahh. The good ole “I voted for Obama” trick that no one can validate.

So you were for him before you were against him?

Old 01-16-2019, 01:35 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I bet my house it’s a Zero Hedge link or the other blue and yellow news link that’s always used by the OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
he has been knocking around for years. He posts hype /clickbait stories, he is not considered a credible source .

This story should really be titled. "Trump supporters are depressed and need a little pick me up"...

They are quoting Vanity Fair. That should take care of these concerns don't you think?

But we know the real reason that you attack it. You got no response for what it says. Obama was a horrible President and even some in the Democrat party are now saying it.

Old 01-16-2019, 01:37 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
I heard Rush talking about the Vanity Fair article today and was pleasantly surprised. Some of the zombies are awakening. Look out!

Old 01-16-2019, 01:39 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times
Quote:
They are quoting Vanity Fair. That should take care of these concerns don't you think?

But we know the real reason that you attack it. You got no response for what it says. Obama was a horrible President and even some in the Democrat party are now saying it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
so you're gloating over an article claiming Obama's problem was that he wasn't radical enough? I forget is today the day of the week where Obama was a weak shill or is today Radical Muslim? I forgot my decoder ring...I mean, maybe read the full article yourself before you rush to post the Zero Hedge interpretation if it Waldo. As a STEM employed individual one would assume you would get more facts/evidence before a post like this....

Let's address this first maybe?

Old 01-16-2019, 01:40 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Instead of worrying about Obama, you’d better be worrying about Mueller.

Obama did his two terms.

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I bet my house it’s a Zero Hedge link or the other blue and yellow news link that’s always used by the OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Zero Hedge has been consistently wrong every time that some Trumper here has posted a link to it. This story is no exception, and the author's reliance on Vanity Fair doesn't help.
Hee ya go...
https://www.vanityfair.com/why-democrats-are-turning-on-obamas-legacy

As Vanity Fair's T.A. Frank notes, Democrats surveying their options going into 2020 have begun to genuinely question the state of their party - and an increasing number of them are settling on the conclusion that Obama was a bad president.

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I heard Rush talking about the Vanity Fair article today and was pleasantly surprised. Some of the zombies are awakening. Look out!

again, you are speaking positively of Rush complimenting a Vanity Fair article that says Dems are mad at Obama b/c he wasn't radical enough...good to know you seem to be upset he only got ACA not Medicare for all...I'll file that one away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies