Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 05:25 PM

2,985 posts, read 1,748,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
oh dear when anyone goes to Alabama to defend any argument you know we have gone to hell in hand basket -- lol.
Well, Trump May or may not be a snob, but this post here shows me who is a snob

I notice you had no comment on the content though, why is that? 2 football championship teams from the south visit the WH, with 2 different experiences with 2 different Presidents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 05:27 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Strahan would be better served if he tried to fix that big gap between his front teeth and get a speech pathologist to help him with that terrible lisp. I can hardly understand him.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:29 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Have any idiots jumped in here to call Trump “Individual 1” yet? I’ve been away, just checking.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:29 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
That's what I thought. Teams that visit the White House usually don't get fed.

And as a middle-aged man who eats at Dallas's best restaurants fairly often, I'm perfectly happy eating Big Macs, Whoppers, Wendy's burgers, all the stuff Trump laid out except the McNuggets (yuk). I would want it to be warm, though.

One of the good things about Trump is that he's not a snob.
You think Individual 1 is not a snob?? He is absolutely the snobbiest of snobs. What might be confusing you is that he’s complete trash, too.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:35 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Trump could invent a cure for cancer, and you Libs would complain, and still hate him. Jeez.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:53 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,100,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Totally agree. To these kids it was a feast. It's obvious as to why Strahan put this out there.

Since Trump has been quiet on the NFL front this season, we shall see if the next Super Bowl winner will have a decent showing if invited. Last years Eagles, when all said and done by an anonymous paper ballet, only had "two players" who voted to visit the White House.
Nah. Doubt it, they probably haven’t even had fast food like that since the summer. That stuff is trash, no self respecting trainer wants their client putting that into their body. Clemson recruits heavily in the area I grew up in, I know more than a few guys who played for them, and it’s for sure big business up there when it comes to football. Clemson has executive chefs and a full culinary staff that cooks just for the athletes. And this was back in the Bowden era, I’m sure they have NFL level facilities now in the Dabo era. The training staff probably had a fit when they saw the spread Trump laid out, aside from some pizza on a late Sat night or some CFA nuggets once a week, they probably eat better as 18-21 year old D1 football players than most of us do as adults. The food was probably cold by the time it all got laid out, and it’s not like Trumps Hotel isn’t right down the street from the WH, he could’ve easily had his steakhouse whip up something for the team probably faster than it took his staff to amass food from 3-4 different places.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:54 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,015,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Trump could invent a cure for cancer, and you Libs would complain, and still hate him. Jeez.
they'll never quit whimpering .... music to my ears

Old 01-17-2019, 05:55 PM

2,985 posts, read 1,748,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
Nah. Doubt it, they probably haven’t even had fast food like that since the summer. That stuff is trash, no self respecting trainer wants their client putting that into their body. Clemson recruits heavily in the area I grew up in, I know more than a few guys who played for them, and it’s for sure big business up there when it comes to football. Clemson has executive chefs and a full culinary staff that cooks just for the atheletes. And this was back in the Bowden era, I’m sure they have NFL level facilities now in the Dabo era. The training staff probably had a fit when they saw the spread Trump laid out, aside from some pizza on a late Sat night, they probably eat better as 18-21 year old D1 football players than most of us do as adults. The food was probably cold by the one it all got laid out, and it’s not like Trumps Hotel isn’t right down the street from the WH, he could’ve easily had his steakhouse whip up something for the team probably faster than it took his staff to amass food from 3-4 different places.
Boo-hoo!! I hate Trump so much I must throw a tantrum about what was served at the WH!!! NOT MY PRESIDENT!!

Old 01-17-2019, 06:07 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,100,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Boo-hoo!! I hate Trump so much I must throw a tantrum about was served at the WH!!! NOT MY PRESIDENT!!
*Shrugs*...actually don’t really care about him or politics as a whole one way or another. I do think he’s a fool, but my personal credo is to not give energy to such things, I just worry about and do me. I was simply sharing my personal experience of knowing people who went thru that particular program, and how they were fed. As a 19 y/o up there visiting friends who played on the team, trust me when I say I would’ve rather eaten the stuff my friends got from the training tables than the fast food my wallet could afford at that time. And this was early 2000’s Clemson football, I’m positive it’s even more elite now. So I’m sure the players were not impressed by that spread.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:17 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Alabama's OL Mike Johnson weighs in on his WH visit.

Mike Johnson‏Verified account @MPJohnson79 [SIZE=2]Jan 15[/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE]

So I’ve been trying to remember our White House trip.. and after talking it over with @wpdial I’m pretty sure we had a Popeyes box lunch picnic near the National Mall. So for the record... 22 year old me would’ve dominated that Wendy’s and Taco Bell #fatkid #americanfood

Preston Dial concurs:

Preston Dial‏ @wpdial [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Jan 15[/SIZE][SIZE=2] [/SIZE]
Preston Dial Retweeted Mike Johnson
All we got at the White House was sweet tea. You were happy, but I hate tea Made us eat two breasts and a leg outside outside off property#gaveusZEROsauces

THIS WAS DURING OBAMA'S 2ND TERM!

Did any of the rabid hypocrites get their panties in a bunch when The One did that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies