Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 02:51 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post

They display the same patterns of fear and bullying when they are threatened. It happened with AOC too. They are threatened by Beto because anyone running is better than Individual 1.
You are saying Trump is #1?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 02:56 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
You are saying Trump is #1?
When it comes to lying and committing crimes, yes he is #1

Old 03-15-2019, 03:02 PM

2,140 posts, read 362,084 times
the Constitution inherently provides for revision.

This so rudimentary. Good grief.

I don’t get the fuss over Beto - he looks like a young, awkward Kennedy -sort of. He doesn’t appear to be all that forward thinking.

We don’t need another neo-lib. Anywhere. That said, I don’t if a broken coat rack is the Dem nominee - I’m voting for and supporting him/her/them/it.

Last edited by paperwing; 03-15-2019 at 03:04 PM.. Reason: Missing word

Old 03-15-2019, 03:12 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
For the states to force a convention outside of the House and Senate's approval, you need 38 states.

For ratification of an amendment that already passed the House and Senate, you need 34.
Actually, it's just the opposite......34 for the first one (not 38), and 38 for the second one (not 34):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Articl...stitution#Text

Old 03-15-2019, 03:16 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
If the dems hate the constitution to a point where they want to rip it up, they should just leave the country.

Please do not put "sane" with O-Rourke. He is far from anything like that
Where are you getting this stuff about tearing up the Constitution. Garbage!

Post a reliable link to support your claims.

I guess you are quoting Trump, the Narcissist, nutty President.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:17 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Beta, like some Democrats, doesn't believe in the US Constitution. Faults it for being 230 years old. Seems quite bizarre for someone being groomed by the Democrats to be their future leader, but it is what it is.
Throughout the two-hour interview — which was often interrupted by bystanders urging him to run for president — O’Rourke boomeranged between a bright-eyed hope that the United States will soon dramatically change its approach to a whole host of issues and a dismal suspicion that the country is now incapable of implementing sweeping change.

When asked which it is, O’Rourke paused.

“I’m hesitant to answer it because I really feel like it deserves its due, and I don’t want to give you a — actually, just selfishly, I don’t want a sound bite of it reported, but, yeah, I think that’s the question of the moment: Does this still work?” O’Rourke said. “Can an empire like ours with military presence in over 170 countries around the globe, with trading relationships…and security agreements in every continent, can it still be managed by the same principles that were set down 230-plus years ago?
Beto O'Rourke Suggests America Should Ditch The Constitution

(can you imagine what a Constitution would look like if O-C, Mad Maxine, and Pelosi got to write it)
So what's the problem? Lots of people have said the Constitution should be changed.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
So what's the problem? Lots of people have said the Constitution should be changed.

What kind of reliable site is that W.Kitty posted?? —. Never, ever heard of “Zero Hedge.” Junk page. Come up with something better!

Old 03-15-2019, 04:04 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,034,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post

Trump was as politically aware as a sack of rocks. Didn't stop him from being elected.

However, like it or not, Trump actually achieved something prior to seeking public office.

Little Robbie FauxRourke, on the other hand, is an accomplishment-free zone. His landmark achievement appears to be having worn a dress while playing in a band, and livestreaming a visit to the dentist.

FauxRourke is merely the answer to a question nobody asked.

Old 03-17-2019, 08:54 PM

I won’t call you what I thought of you when I read your post. Beto was on the El Paso City Council for several years. He was a U.S Representative from Texas for 3 Terms.

Beto is articulate and smart.

Unlike Trump, he hasn’t paid prostitutes to “dance” on his hotel bed in Moscow.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:49 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Beta, like some Democrats, doesn't believe in the US Constitution.
That's not what he said. You didn't even read your own link. LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
At the end of the Constitutional Convention, George Washington said, "I do not expect the Constitution to last for more than 20 years." Most of the framers thought that the constitution would be subject to conventions on a fairly regular basis.
And he was somewhat correct - the Eleventh Amendment was added to the Constitution in 1794.

I have a vision of Thomas Jefferson waking up at 3 a.m. sometime in 1793, smacking his forehead and crying out: "#$%@!!! We forgot something!"

Quote:
Beta says the principles of the US Constitution our invalid due to their age.
That's not what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I don't think the American people are going to let some Democrat rear up a constitution which many of their forefathers fought and died for.
That's not what he said.

Quote:
Beta of course simply wants it gone according to his comments.
That's not what he said.

Quote:
Go back and read the OP please. You clearly didn't get it.
You can't even interpret his words correctly, and you're telling someone else they don't "get it"?

That's hilarious.

Quote:
His exact words....
"...can it still be managed by the same principles that were set down 230-plus years ago?”

So which principles do you want to throw out because they are 230 years old? i.e. Tear it up because the Constitution is a list of principles.
That's a question, not a statement. Even someone with your deep intelligence and unfailing ability to perceive the intended meaning of someone's words should know the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I didn't mean literally tear it up.

Tearing something up is just another way of saying scrapping or ditching something
He didn't say that, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
So... if the article, the article's headline, and the thread title are all baldfaced lies... it must be WALDOKITTY!!!!
Bwah hahahahahahaha! Thanks for the Monday Morning Chuckle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Yeah he sorta trampled it.

I doubt he’s read it, let alone understand it.
Too many big words in there for Trump to understand - you know, like "shall not" and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Small detail. What do you replace it with?
He didn't say that, either.

Quote:
The population was ~5 million.
Incorrect; actually, it was somewhere in the middle, according to the first Census taken in 1790:

Date taken: August 2, 1790
Total population: 3,893,635
Most populous state: Virginia; 747,610

Google is your friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies