Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2019, 02:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Lol. They should stay in the US anyway while the government is shut down. Want to take flights on the taxpayer expense, get in a room, act like adults and find a solution all sides can agree on.
I agree with this. If the government is shut down and they are expecting others to make sacrifices, it should start at the top. And this includes the SOTU address.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
What an EPIC failure by Donald Trump.

Not that Donald Trump even knows what a CoDel is (congressional delegation), but there are several REPUBLICAN Congressmen who were going on this trip with Pelosi.

https://twitter.com/kombiz/status/1085987726917283840
Well, that move quickly went from what I thought was a fairly innocuous and amusing (if not childish) jab at Nancy Pelosi to something either pathetically ill-thought through or (worse) intentionally harmful to our country. What a bunch of amateurs/traitors in the White House.

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
I think Trump just did Pelosi a favor. Air Traffic controls are walking off the job all over. Who would want to be flying right now anyway.

I think Trump denied access to the Capital to give his SOTU is killing him way more so than Pelosi not being able to fly on a military aircraft.
This is sad to say and I would never hope this happens, but at this point, I'm not even sure a mid-air collision over US airspace of two jumbo jets killing 500+ people would cause the shutdown to end.

I actually think Trump is trying his best to not get reelected. I still think he never thought he would win the Republican nomination, let alone the presidential election, and would rather just go back to his previous life, but is too stubborn to quit. So he tries and sabotage his reelection bid, blame it on the Democrats when he loses and save face.

Old 01-17-2019, 02:09 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,421,908 times
Like Nancy said the other day she has grandkids. She knows how to deal with temper tantrums.

Old 01-17-2019, 02:10 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,738,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
She didn't do that. Posts like this help me understand why people are so accepting of lying politicians.
She used weasel words about delaying the speech, but we all know she wants to lock him out of the house. You folks are not used to ANYONE in the GOP punching back.

Old 01-17-2019, 02:11 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Outrageous is a political pageant of a speech on the State of the Union while the government is shut down.

If he thinks it is appropriate to carry on about how grand everything is while the government is shut down, Trump is free to give his speech from the Oval Office, or even the Rose Garden.

But standing up there and berating Representatives and Senators for not bending over for him seems a bit much.
More likely he gives the speech from the Washington Redskins stadium.

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Astounding to see so many folks who think pissing contests are the way to negotiate agreements.

Pelosi was right on postponing Trump's SOTU address. When the government is shut down is no time for political pageantry.

Trump telling Pelosi she and the other House members can't fly on military planes is childish and petty. Makes him look small.
i.e.....
  • Democrat - Good
  • Orange Man - Bad

Reality - Pelosi is finally facing a real President who will stand up to her nonsense.

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Where was she trying to go and why?

Old 01-17-2019, 02:12 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
So this trip was to affirm the U.S.'s ironclad commitment to NATO and to get military assessments from those in the thick of it.

Now why would Trump want to cancel a trip to affirm our commitment to NATO?

Just wondering.

surely NATO will fall due to this.
orange man bad.

Old 01-17-2019, 02:12 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,738,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
More likely he gives the speech from The Washington Redskins stadium.
+1. Can't give you any more reps right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies