Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2019, 06:46 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 5 days ago)

35,620 posts, read 17,948,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
You're joking? It was Pelosi's idea to go to Afaghanistan. She wanted the trip. No one forced her or said she had to go.
Right. Have you not ever decided to do something you really DON'T want to do, but it would look good on your resume, or you were expected to do it?

And then, thank the good Lord above, you weren't able to do it, but you got credit for acting like you tried to do it?

That.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2019, 06:47 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,688,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't care either, but such trips are not exactly vacations. She might be relieved.
They are vacations. No reason for them to go at all. If they think they need briefings this can all be handled in a secure briefing room. The military troops don't need her to come thank them. She could easily have sent a a video message. These people just like to live off of the government tit.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:48 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Trump is a master at this. He's exposed the Democrats for the hypocrites they are and he got world wide coverage for this one.

Watching that bus of hapless Democrats ride around in circles, while the government is shut down, is simply priceless.

Has to be one of the greatest political out maneuverings of recent years.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:52 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump is a master at this. He's exposed the Democrats for the hypocrites they are and he got world wide coverage for this one.

Watching that bus of hapless Democrats ride around in circles, while the government is shut down, is simply priceless.

Has to be one of the greatest political out maneuverings of recent years.

Stop The bus! LOLOLOL!

Last edited by SeaMaj7; 01-17-2019 at 07:00 PM..

Old 01-17-2019, 06:53 PM

1,781 posts, read 955,787 times
"She even said he could do the speech from the oval office" Oh, how generous of her. Since when does she get to call the shots? Last time I checked, SHE isn't the President. I'm sure she wishes she was but she ain't.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:56 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
"She even said he could do the speech from the oval office" Oh, how generous of her. Since when does she get to call the shots? Last time I checked, SHE isn't the President. I'm sure she wishes she was but she ain't.

She has guaranteed that when Trump does give it, everyone will be watching it.

Just two weeks in and she's pretty much brought political disaster to her own party.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:58 PM

20,104 posts, read 9,008,929 times
Dems made a big mistake putting elderly Nancy back in charge of the House. She can't compete with Trump.

Old 01-17-2019, 06:59 PM

1,781 posts, read 955,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
She has guaranteed that when Trump does give it, everyone will be watching it.

Just two weeks in and she's pretty much brought political disaster to her own party.

Yep, he's running circles around her and she doesn't even realize it.

Old 01-17-2019, 07:02 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
How is acting childish something to be celebrated? It's not like she was going a two week pleasure cruise. Jesus. She was going to a war zone. I personally am happy she isn't going since Trump just announced the plans to the world. Which by the way, he said he would never do.
I don't know, why did the Dems and lefties celebrate what Pelosi did regarding the SOTU? You answer that question first.

He "announced the plans to the world" AFTER HE CANCELLED the trip. Duh.

He also cancelled the trip to the Economic Forum:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...down-1.3761992

But no one is whining about that, just the Dems that poor Nancy couldn't take a vacation on a military plane. And can you all please stop acting like it was going to be "horrible" because part of the itinerary was in Afghanistan? Like she's going to be boots on the ground in the war zone. Give it a rest. They were going to be wined and dined and rub elbows and make bs deals - and Trump spoiled their little plans. BOO. HOO.

Old 01-17-2019, 07:03 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,143,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
Yep, he's running circles around her and she doesn't even realize it.
Nancy crashed the world economy last time she was Speaker and she's trying to do it again but Trump is going to trump her and stop her....I'm glad about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies