Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2019, 10:21 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,103,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Cohen is NOT a government employee. He has the free will to say "no" and quit. Non issue.
Irrelevant. If Trump asked him to lie under oath, asking that is a crime, and it doesn't matter whether or not he was a government employee.

Old 01-18-2019, 10:21 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,707,450 times
This is funny

https://twitter.com/speechboy71/stat...09418373165056

Old 01-18-2019, 10:26 AM

17,744 posts, read 15,443,527 times
Quote:
Cohen is NOT a government employee. He has the free will to say "no" and quit. Non issue.
Everyone has the free will to say "no" and quit. Do you not understand that? Crimes committed will be dealt with one way or the other.

The question is, are you willing to put Trump over country no matter what? And if yes, why?

Old 01-18-2019, 10:27 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,266,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Because he probably don't know what evidence exist out there to prove he did do that. He don't know if Cohen recorded that, or text message exchanges that would prove him guilty. So, I guess he can't cry out too loud, then the proof is released to the media.
That's could be the case. I also find interesting that Cohen has refused to comment on this story aside from some statement like "Out of respect for the Special Councils' Office, I'm not commenting". I can't remember the exact wording, and I can't find the article now because the subject has been overwhelmed by the buzzfeed story itself, but it was really different from the flat-out denial by Cohen about the Prague trip story in that he didn't come out and deny the Buzzfeed claims.

Likewise too, it took Trump a long time to respond and when he did, he simply attacked Cohen but didn't deny the Buzzfeed claims. Likewise with Trump's spokesman on FOX News - no denial there either.

Interesting to be sure.

Ken

Old 01-18-2019, 10:31 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,418,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Wow!

That is fantastic news.

If it is true that Trump asked his attorney to lie to Congress, he needs to be removed from office as soon as possible. He's a Russian stooge.
he wont be removed...

he may get impeached, just like Bill Clinton, but he wont be removed, just like Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton was convicted for war crimes in a UN war tribunal, and is still lurking around

Old 01-18-2019, 10:32 AM

31,974 posts, read 34,512,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
The question is, are you willing to put Trump over country no matter what? And if yes, why?
They are one in the same.

Old 01-18-2019, 10:32 AM

2,622 posts, read 1,345,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Let's be honest, he should've never been elected.

If Trump is implicated by Mueller, it should come as a surprise to no one. He was a one of shadiest/most corrupt political figures in American history before the election. That should've deterred enough people from voting for him in the first place.
But he was going to reopen all the coal mines!!! And Hillary's emails!!!!!

Old 01-18-2019, 10:33 AM

46,868 posts, read 25,830,287 times
Quote:
What on Earth are you on about?

7,826 posts, read 2,707,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
That's could be the case. I also find interesting that Cohen has refused to comment on this story aside from some statement like "Out of respect for the Special Councils' Office, I'm not commenting". I can't remember the exact wording, and I can't find the article now because the subject has been overwhelmed by the buzzfeed story itself, but it was really different from the flat-out denial by Cohen about the Prague trip story in that he didn't come out and deny the Buzzfeed claims.

Likewise too, it took Trump a long time to respond and when he did, he simply attacked Cohen but didn't deny the Buzzfeed claims. Likewise with Trump's spokesman on FOX News - no denial there either.

Interesting to be sure.

Ken
This is very very telling. Cohen adamantly denied Prague trip...and now refuses to comment on this story out of respect for the Special Counsel combined with a barrage of non-denial denials from the White House.

17,744 posts, read 15,443,527 times
Here's what I don't get: those who wanted the GOP to be in control of the white house. Well, you got that. Even if Trump's not there, the GOP will still have the office, at least for now through 2020.

So what is the hold Trump has over you Trumpies? Why *him*? Why he is so special that you'll support anything he does, no matter what, even if it's criminal, even if he's cooperating and working with Putin and allowing Russian interference with the U.S.? Why would you be okay with any of that?

Once again, you wanted a 'pub as president and that won't change even if Trump exits.

Explain this to me because no one has been able to articulate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies