Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Trump supporters, are you ok with same-sex marriage?
Yes 66 54.10%
No 29 23.77%
I don’t care 30 24.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 09:10 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times

Advertisements

I was torn between Yes and I don't care. I'm ok with same sex marriage, same sex adoption, same sex divorce and anything else same sex couples want to do together... but I ultimately don't care because it's none of my business so whether I'm ok with it or not shouldn't matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2019, 09:19 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
I am Ok with a civil union, I think a formal marriage ceremony is between a man and woman.

But I also don't think that anyone should have less rights because of who they choose to love.

I don't think that marriage is something that should be decided at the Federal level, it should be at the State level.

So having said that I guess I would have to be OK with same-sex marriage.
That is a lot of “ifs”

Old 01-19-2019, 10:02 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,208,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
This is the one issue I'm moderate on. In my personal life I'm against gay marriage and would not allow my children to become gay. Homosexuality goes against my religion. Just like how Christianity is the only religion allowed in my home, but I won't discriminate against or mistreat others who are non Christian or gay.

HOWEVER from a governmental standpoint I'm okay with it because a government marriage license is separate from a religiously valid marriage. I only care that the rights of Christians be protected. As long as Christians' religious rights are protected I"m okay with the government recognizing gay marriage I think that's a good compromise.
Sorry, but you don’t get to CHOOSE whether or not your children are gay any more than your children get to choose whether or not they’re gay. They either are or they aren’t. It’s not a matter of choice. Jeez, I read some of these posts from you guys and I think I’ve gone back in time 100 years. What would you do? Put them in conversion therapy?

Even to this day, as a gay man, if given the choice, I would easily pick being straight. Because it’s easier in so many ways. And I would let my parent choose too if I thought it made a difference. But... that’s not how it works. So you accept yourself for who you are and live your best life. What’s so hard to understand about that?

Old 01-20-2019, 04:23 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,298,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I really don't care-live your life and let others live theirs. Most people, gay or straight, live their lives without openly...flaunting (for lack of a better term) their sexuality. I'd imagine that 98% of gay or straight people are this way.

Where many (including myself) have an issue are the freek-show "Gay Pride" parades. Guys prancing around with their wangs and butts out on a public street are not appropriate for either gays or straight fetishers. Do whatever you like in your own home, the rest of us don't want to see it-again, doesn't matter if you're gay or straight.

I don't see it as much different than carrying a gun. If you don't like guns-I'm not going to try to force you to carry one. Just don't try to stop me from doing so.
No one is forcibly subjected to gay pride parades, and today's pride parades have come along way in the past several years. Corporations, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Politicians and Pro Sports are all represented in big city pride parades.

Old 01-20-2019, 04:29 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I’m gay as most of you know and I was curious about how Trump supporters felt about two women, or two men being married? We’re mostly the same as you straight folks, we do the same boring routine...shopping in the suburbs, going to boring chain restaurants, etc...LOL
Don't like it, but we've got bigger battles to fight at this stage, starting with how to start paying down 20 trillion dollars of debt. The gay marriage issue is settled law at this point.

Old 01-20-2019, 04:51 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,821,156 times
I'm a Trump voter who doesn't have a strong opinion on gay marriage. However the decline of hetrosexual marriage makes me very sad. The fact that over half of children are born out of wedlock is terrible. If I could change just one thing I would cut all welfare and food stamps to unwed mothers. This is the one and only way hetrosexual marriage will make a comeback.

Old 01-20-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
No one is forcibly subjected to gay pride parades, and today's pride parades have come along way in the past several years. Corporations, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Politicians and Pro Sports are all represented in big city pride parades.
Just the idea that a lot of the gay community wants or needs a parade to show their pride is what confuses and bothers a lot of folks. The idea of taking great pride and celebrating someone’s sexual orientation is confusing at best, if it’s not a choice then what is there to be proud of?

Old 01-20-2019, 07:30 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Just the idea that a lot of the gay community wants or needs a parade to show their pride is what confuses and bothers a lot of folks. The idea of taking great pride and celebrating someone’s sexual orientation is confusing at best, if it’s not a choice then what is there to be proud of?

I'm not a homosexual, but in this scenario "pride" seems to be the equivalent of "not being ashamed". I find that wholly understandable given the societal treatment of homosexuality in the recent past.

Old 01-20-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I'm not a homosexual, but in this scenario "pride" seems to be the equivalent of "not being ashamed". I find that wholly understandable given the societal treatment of homosexuality in the recent past.

There's a huge difference between not being ashamed and what we all see go on at gay pride parades in this country. Again, I'm fully supportive of the gay community and I'm against any discrimination whatsoever against LGBT people for any reason but I don't understand the mindset of a lot of gay people who feel the need to make sure everyone knows they're gay. If the point is to be accepted as normal why go so far out of your way to make sure people see you doing things that you feel makes you special or things that you take pride in.

Old 01-20-2019, 08:38 AM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,324 times
This thread is the perfect example that conservatives are not all bible thumping religious bigots. I wonder if the OP knows of the log cabin republicans, a conservative gay group with some pull in the republican tent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies