Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 09:41 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,555,722 times

Advertisements

No, she is a perfect fool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 09:44 AM
JRR

8,178 posts, read 5,685,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Only if McConnell does first. He hasn't done a damn thing for 10 years except suck up to Trump.

IMO, McConnell has a conflict of interest since part of his family income is contingent on Trump liking Mrs. McConnell.
Yeah, I think that McConnell is sick and tired of Trump and has the attitude of - You got us in this mess, so you get us out. And Mitch will be content to just sit on the sidelines and watch the show.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:47 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,593,606 times
Another thread fail by the OP.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:47 AM
JRR

8,178 posts, read 5,685,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyroad70 View Post
No, she is a perfect fool.
At least she wasn't foolish enough to sit in front of the world and say that she would own the shutdown.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:48 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 19 days ago)

35,670 posts, read 18,040,478 times
So this reminds me of an unhealthy family dynamic.

You've got a parent in the family (either mom or dad) who is extremely aggressive and unpredictable.

The whole house walks on eggshells around that person, putting great effort into not setting them off.

The children keep each other in check and blame siblings who, through demanding better treatment or sticking up for themselves, cause the parent to go off the deep end in a tirade. And they'll hiss at the child JUST STOP FIGHTING HIM/HER. JUST STOP MAKING A BIG DEAL ABOUT THAT, YOU"LL MAKE MOM MAD!

Thus, Nancy Pelosi, or other opponents are blamed for causing Trump to throw a tantrum over something that he doesn't actually have the right - or the constituents - to pass.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:50 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,779,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
No way. She is absolutely doing her job. Superbly.
Globe trotting while refusing to meet to resolve issues is her job? Wow, sign me up!

Old 01-18-2019, 09:51 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,067,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Should Pelosi resign after failing in leadership and failing to do her job working for the people ?

Negative Nancy needs to go !!! Should resign now !!!

Her job is to find solutions and negotiate with other members of gov. in the interest of the American people.

She says no to negotiations and won't work towards a compromise or any kind of deal. The gov. is in a partial shutdown but Nancy is in a total shutdown and won't do her job.

Nancy Pelosi Says ‘No’
https://politicalwire.com/2019/01/12...elosi-says-no/

Pelosi says 'no
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/whi...ye-bye-n956836
LOL -- aw come on -- too easy.

Isn't it the President of the USA's job to unite the country, find solutions, negotiate in the best interest of ALL the American people?

Now before you answer -- who walked out of the meeting last time?
Those Democrats got the message from the PResident loud and clear.

It take 2 not to compromise.

And it is more the President of the USA's role to make it work than it is the opposition leader.

And Pelosi is available to talk to Trump any time.

She doesn't have to be in the same room with him.

This is 2019 -- face timing, conference calls, .......e-mails, text...nobody is inaccessible.

17,356 posts, read 11,323,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Just my opinion, but I think that Pelosi has more knowledge of how the game is played in her little finger than Trump has in his whole body. With this shutdown, he has wound up putting Republicans in the position of being on a hill that they really don't want to die on. Not exactly the most brilliant move for him to sit there in front of the world and say that this would be his shutdown.
I agree with you. She's been around a long time and is smart and very capable. She's not used to however a President that doesn't fear her and will stand up to her without blinking.

8,502 posts, read 6,923,465 times
I’ll stand with Pelosi. Not to resist means setting a precedent whereby any POTUS can shut down the government and use employees as hostages to White House demands. Another troubling aspect of this debacle is Trump is now creating a scenario where he can ban secure government transportation to opposition Congressional leaders on official business in performance of their duties.

Last edited by msgsing; 01-18-2019 at 10:29 AM..

Old 01-18-2019, 09:53 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,779,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I agree with you. She's been around a long time and is smart and very capable. She's not used to however a President that doesn't fear her and will stand up to her without blinking.
I agree. Democrat are not used to anyone standing up to them and because president Trump does, they can't stand him. If he was weak they would walk all over him and the American people as they always have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies