Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 03:22 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That sums it up. Pelosi is banned from going on a work trip (Afghanistan is not a vacation destination) but God forbid the shutdown throw a kink in FLOTUS' umpteenth trip to Mar-a-Lago courtesy of us. I truly hope Americans aren't stupid enough to reelect this mean spirited moron.
How can you honestly believe that Trump will have that opportunity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 03:56 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
You don't get to decide the policy and neither does the lame stream media.

Keep posting photos though.
I like seeing the most beautiful FLOTUS we've ever had, both inside and out.
Your undying loyalty and slavish fawning over the Trump family and administration is impressive. I hope you are not overly disappointed and destroyed as most who have travelled this one way street have been.

Old 01-18-2019, 04:37 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You seem to think of that as a stinging riposte. In reality, you're just telling us that you can't defend your chosen one on this subject - like on so many others - and you choose to run away. So - bye, I guess.

Isn't it ironic how they just keep saying that......almost like a NPC in a game. Theres no thought, just "say this line". The irony of course is that their prior line was the NPC meme.

Old 01-18-2019, 04:46 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Come on Scooby. Do you honestly think it’s alright for the Speaker of the House and an entire delegation of congress persons to go out of the country instead of trying to work out a deal to end the shutdown?
Yes. It's a work trip, not a vacation. Trump said he isn't negotiating. It's his way or the highway. Negotiating involves a give and take on both sides, not Trump taking the government hostage until his $5.7 billion ransom demand is fully met.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:06 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Business should not proceed as normal with the government shut down and 800K federal workers not getting paid. That is why I had no issue with a delay of the SOTU address and denial of a plane for the Democratic congressional delegation visit abroad. I however also feel that the travel rule regarding military planes should also apply to the POTUS and his family unless it is an emergency governmental purpose. A vacation trip to Mar a Lago by the FLOTUS in my opinion is not a priority and should not be undertaken until the shutdown is resolved. I think it the ultimate hypocrisy for members of the first family to be going on government funded resort getaways while federal workers receive no pay and are having issues keeping up with their bills and daily expenses. The first family and congress should both suffer the consequences of their inability to resolve this crisis.

https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/1086188803000356864
She said it long ago with the jacket she wore. "I don't care. Do you?" That pretty much sums up her's and Trump's attitudes toward the American people. They're different and better than everybody else and the rules don't apply to them.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:12 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Business should not proceed as normal with the government shut down and 800K federal workers not getting paid. That is why I had no issue with a delay of the SOTU address and denial of a plane for the Democratic congressional delegation visit abroad. I however also feel that the travel rule regarding military planes should also apply to the POTUS and his family unless it is an emergency governmental purpose. A vacation trip to Mar a Lago by the FLOTUS in my opinion is not a priority and should not be undertaken until the shutdown is resolved. I think it the ultimate hypocrisy for members of the first family to be going on government funded resort getaways while federal workers receive no pay and are having issues keeping up with their bills and daily expenses. The first family and congress should both suffer the consequences of their inability to resolve this crisis.

https://twitter.com/HuffPost/status/1086188803000356864

The First Lady is entitled and she is also not critical in negotiations to end the shutdown. It's pretty simple.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:20 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The First Lady is entitled and she is also not critical in negotiations to end the shutdown. It's pretty simple.
Melania going on vacation when the country is shut down is about as non-essential as it gets. As FLOTUS she should be setting an example for the rest of the country.

Instead, she is giving a big middle finger to the 800,000 workers her husband is forcing into unpaid servitude, many of whom are standing in food pantry lines to feed their families, while she jets off to a luxury resort for the weekend.

She should change her name from Melania to Marie and just say what she really thinks: let them eat cake.

She doesn't care. She told us as much.

She's as big a disgrace to the country as her husband.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Melania going on vacation when the country is shut down is about as non-essential as it gets. As FLOTUS she should be setting an example for the rest of the country.

Instead, she is giving a big middle finger to the 800,000 workers her husband is forcing into unpaid servitude, many of whom are standing in food pantry lines to feed their families, while she jets off to a luxury resort for the weekend.

She should change her name from Melania to Marie and just say what she really thinks: let them eat cake.

She doesn't care. She told us as much.

She's as big a disgrace to the country as her husband.

I'm kicking what you're laying down BUT the FLOTUS is and entitled person. How many other First Ladies have done the same thing Melania has done here? In bad taste I agree but hey...she's the FLOTUS.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:40 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Melania Trump is no more "entitled" to be flown at taxpayers' expense to her weekend getaway than the Secret Service who accompany her are entitled to their pay.

This was a bonehead, "let them eat cake," move.

Old 01-18-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Melania Trump is no more "entitled" to be flown at taxpayers' expense to her weekend getaway than the Secret Service who accompany her are entitled to their pay.

This was a bonehead, "let them eat cake," move.

I already said I agree with that. BUT...What's to be done? Let her know come election time I reckon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies