Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2019, 10:34 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
He obviously failed in securing a deal, no doubt about it. He owns that now.

But that's not what's important. I'm not interested that he failed in this last summit or the summit before it... I'm interested to see how the situation evolves and new methods/tactics are tried. When you fail a final in your first year of college, you don't say "Welp, I guess that's it for my career, time to quit school and work at McDonalds for the rest of my life", you figure out what went wrong and make corrections.
.... as opposed to what? securing a crapy deal like Clinton did 20 odd years ago?

What Trump did was insure no stupid nonsense. He didn't fail anything. you clearly understand the principles of the idiotic kind of negotiations America has engaged in since GHWB was president.

the problem is you think those principles are s m r t. well. thank God dirty nasty racist mysogenist pig trump is president and not anyone that agrees with you on deal making.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2019, 10:35 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I give Trump credit for being open to meeting with Kim, and I think the first summit was mildly successful even if no agreement was reached. But this time? Why the hell did Trump go to Vietnam if he had no idea what Kim would agree to? You don't go into a negotiation with no idea what the other side is thinking. Was this just play acting so that he could make a show of "walking away from the table"? He looks like an idiot. Kim again wins by being on stage with the leader of the most powerful nation on earth, and didn't have give anything to do it.
you know this because of what? you got mad skills at negotiating deals? from where? you a monopoly champ?

it seems to me that crossing the world and walking away sends a pretty solid message.

(albeit a muted message due to the idiot loser left yelling and screaming about failure because they are invested in trump failing more than they care about the safety and security of the American people.)

Old 02-28-2019, 10:37 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
When you fail a final in your first year of college, you don't say "Welp, I guess that's it for my career, time to quit school and work at McDonalds for the rest of my life", you figure out what went wrong and make corrections.
That's a singularly unsettling simile. I thought we were supposed to get a master negotiator, a shrewd dealmaker. Now you're telling us the's learning on the job?

Old 02-28-2019, 10:38 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Well there goes that Nobel Prize again. ...
... darn ...

Old 02-28-2019, 10:39 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
The only circus performers yesterday were Gym Jordan and Mark Meadows. Jordan acted and sounded nuts. Meadows brings out a black woman who works for Trump to prove he's not racist.
Sweetie, I don't want you to be embarrassed!

You might want to look for the FULL exchange with the newbie, pottymouthed, Muslim Congresswoman (it wasn't Omar) and Meadows. Meadows was incensed at the racism charge and slapped down the woman by telling her what many don't know because they think in stereotypes: He has family members who are black!

Elijah Cummings defended his good friend Mark Meadows, giving the crazy Congresswoman a spanking. She was publicly humiliated and forced to apologize.

P.S. Stop watching Fake News and #WalkAway

Old 02-28-2019, 10:40 AM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
it seems to me that crossing the world and walking away sends a pretty solid message.
True. But is "I have no idea how to do my job" a particularly worthwhile message?

Old 02-28-2019, 10:42 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
you know this because of what? you got mad skills at negotiating deals? from where? you a monopoly champ?
Trump gutted the State Department, and has a revolving door in the white house. They are all a bunch of wet behind the ears losers. Trumps ego will not allow him to admit he needs preparation for summits like this, he is all hubris.

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:

(albeit a muted message due to the idiot loser left yelling and screaming about failure because they are invested in trump failing more than they care about the safety and security of the American people.)
Read Dane_in_LA's post #121. He said it better than I can.

5,705 posts, read 3,672,549 times
Trump gave up in Vietnam... again.

Old 02-28-2019, 10:46 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,934,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Trump gave up in Vietnam... again.
Oh, I understand now. He walked away from the table because his bone spurs were acting up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies