Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2019, 03:54 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
The butt-hurt is palpable.
Whose butt would that be now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 03:59 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How can he take the word of a dictator that brutally murdered even his own relatives, human life is cheap.
According to Trump he was misrepresented. I guess the video of him saying that he takes Kims word on the issue is fake news.

Old 03-01-2019, 04:00 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
It's easy, and it's effective. He basically got elected on ZERO substance, just vilifying everyone else. He took out "Lying Ted", "Little Marco", "Crooked Hillary", etc. He is the master of division, and sadly it works on the uninformed. He was successful in deflecting attention from his own shortcomings by focusing on the flaws of others. Everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) has flaws. But Trump was able to get elected on soundbites, telling us why everyone else sucks, and never, not once, telling us HOW he was going to do all that he promised.

No Wall paid by Mexico
No ACA Repacement on Day 1
No real tax relief to the middle class
etc....

I ask again, what is the worst deal. Obama giving Iran back their own money, when it was inevitable that we would have been forced to give them back their money? Or Trump giving unilateral concessions to Kim on the first meeting, only to have Kim continue his Nuke Program. Are you guys (Trump Supporters) finally starting to see that the guy has no substance. His "the world is save from NK" speech was empty. Can you see it now?

We are paying the price now for people eating up his hate, fearmongering and distractions.
Even if NK agreed to denuclearize how would this administration do the inspections and verify the dismantling. The Iran deal required extensive coordination with our own DOE head who happens to be a nuclear physicist and International experts, does anyone think that Trump or his administration is capable of anything on that level. It took years and involved 7 countries and extremely hard work.

Why would NK even trust us to begin with after Iran because we went back on our word an pulled out.

Old 03-01-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
According to Trump he was misrepresented. I guess the video of him saying that he takes Kims word on the issue is fake news.
I feel sorry for Otto's parents, he used them as props during the State of the Union during all that tough talk on NK and now he caved.

Old 03-01-2019, 04:26 PM

943 posts, read 1,321,045 times
Quote:
To paraphrase an old New Yorker joke, there’s a line you can say after any of Trump’s tweets and it would always make sense:

“Christ, what an assh*le!â€

Old 03-01-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
I feel sorry for Otto's parents, he used them as props during the State of the Union during all that tough talk on NK and now he caved.
You're misrepresenting what Trump really meant when he said "He tells me that he didn't know about it and I will take him at his word." "He (Kim) felt badly about it"

Old 03-01-2019, 04:53 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Couldnt they have worked out the basics of the deal on the phone before wasting millions of tax payer dollars on a failed trip to Nam . as it turns out it was nothing more than a glorified photo op paid for by US tax payers.

Old 03-01-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
You're misrepresenting what Trump really meant when he said "He tells me that he didn't know about it and I will take him at his word." "He (Kim) felt badly about it"
Do you believe he felt badly about Otto's death, I don't see that adding that phrase changes anything.

Old 03-01-2019, 04:57 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Couldnt they have worked out the basics of the deal on the phone before wasting millions of tax payer dollars on a failed trip to Nam . as it turns out it was nothing more than a glorified photo op paid for by US tax payers.
Typically, the deal is worked out ahead of time, and POTUS doesn't fly in until it's a done deal and it's time to sign.

Generally, the POTUS doesn't fly around the world to be made a fool of.

Old 03-01-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Do you believe he felt badly about Otto's death, I don't see that adding that phrase changes anything.
Trump said it, so it must be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies