Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2019, 08:17 PM

5,768 posts, read 3,204,333 times

Advertisements

Many years ago when Ronald Reagan was elected President, a significant segment of our population rushed out and purchased guns. If things continue along this irrational trail, will there be a rush on the gun shops?

Old 01-19-2019, 08:20 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,610,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Many years ago when Ronald Reagan was elected President, a significant segment of our population rushed out and purchased guns. If things continue along this irrational trail, will there be a rush on the gun shops?
Gun nuts have run out of money and already have 10-30 weapons and thousands of rounds, so this is very unlikely.

"Gun sales decline further under Trump"
"October had the fewest number of gun sales in seven years"

The stock market has not been kind to "fun" purchases this year. iPhone users are using their old ones and guns last a long time. No refresh cycle.

Old 01-19-2019, 08:26 PM

5,768 posts, read 3,204,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Tanks of Nitrous Oxide are not needed as we are already laughing too hard at the title of this thread.

Good post. I also compliment your ability to be in agreement with your wife 95% of the time. It was mentioned to me by my wife that back when Communism was considered a threat, some of the communist intellectuals fancied themselves a leadership caste. Maybe some of the fools who fantasize positively about Marshall law also fancy themselves as leaders when the air clears.

Old 01-19-2019, 08:39 PM

35,479 posts, read 20,841,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I9 is NOT e-Verify.

"The Internet-based program is free and maintained by the United States government. Use of E-Verify at the state level varies; some states have mandated use of E-Verify or similar programs, while others have discouraged the program.

E-Verify compares information from an employee's Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 to data from U.S. government records."

Believe me, Tyson foods and big ag and construction know how to get around all of this....easily. Remember, even if Employers in Texas don't use E-Verify when it's law (for state contracts), there is STILL no penalty or enforcement program. That's laughable. "Hey, break the law and make millions more and we will....do nothing".
e-Verify is monitored by DHS ICE. they make a contract between employer and them usually after an I-9 inspection gone bad. So they show the employer how to triple check the docts presented for availability to work in the USA and they give them the process of how to double check the socials/ names Dobs etc to make sure the real Jonh Smith is applying for the job. In some cases there are employers just want a body knows how to work that field -for the amount offered /no questions asked. Everify is free - from the training to implementation - but not mandatory.
I 9 inspections can cause employers to fail the inspections and the get fined usually an amount they can pay. Because - the amount is negotiated. These are the facts

Old 01-19-2019, 08:41 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
If the Democrats nominate Hillary again, Trump will win easily.
Only Mooch can beat Trump... Don't laugh. Really, Mooch is the only one with enough appeal from the Commies, to pull it off.

Old 01-19-2019, 08:51 PM

32,982 posts, read 12,266,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
What about the tunnels? Airplanes? Busses? Cars? Bikes? Of course the border has many problems.

Those are human beings fleeing from horrible conditions. In case you have not noticed, this is happening all over the world.

There needs to be more humane solutions. Sounds like the democrats have some money allocated for better check points, more asylum judges. More border patrol agents. Also, great fences need to divide our countries, but not shoot people down, because they are different from you and seeking a better life.

I hope in my lifetime that wars can end and people can just get along. What a dream. Martin Luther King Jr had a dream; maybe we should expand on that dream. Just saying. We need to quit being closed minded and think beyond what we think we know.
Aha!

You're admitting the bolded!

A number of members have pointed out that merely wanting a better life economically isn't a legal justification for asylum.

Old 01-19-2019, 08:52 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,751,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...95559504764930

State of the Union = Broken government.
Congress cannot even secure endowed (sacred) rights (prosecute trespass; adjudicate disputes; defend against enemies, foreign or domestic).

Trump is going to take that power from Congress. 3pm tomorrow.

You might want to rethink going into the prediction business.

Old 01-19-2019, 08:55 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You might want to rethink going into the prediction business.
He threw it in their face.... and the base's face........
Disappointing.

Old 01-19-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Good post. I also compliment your ability to be in agreement with your wife 95% of the time. It was mentioned to me by my wife that back when Communism was considered a threat, some of the communist intellectuals fancied themselves a leadership caste. Maybe some of the fools who fantasize positively about Marshall law also fancy themselves as leaders when the air clears.
It's martial law, not Marshall law.

The Marshall Plan = the aid the U.S. gave to rebuild Europe after World War 2.

Old 01-19-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh the watabouts. Nothing stops illegal immigration 100% but why not try to stop as much of it as we can? Illegal aliens don't come by airplane, duh. Cars and bikes would have to come through our southern border and the good physical barriers will help stop much of that.

We can't be the flophouse and employment agency to the whole world that wants to flee their homelands. That would be inhumane to our own citizens. Who said anything about shooting people down? No one has a right to a better life by breaking laws and taking from others that doesn't belong to them. Different from us? WTH would that be? We already have much diversity our country from those here legally or are citizens of our country.

How are we being close minded? We are being close minded by not letting into our country every poor and destitute person that wants to come here? WTH? We allow in over 1 million legal immigrants a year and many legitimate asylum seekers so what's your problem?
Because that might be perceived as mean......we can't have that .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies