Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2019, 06:11 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Based on Altemeyer's study, as well as those of other social psychologists, I prepared a list of the additional traits that these personalities, both men and women who test high as right-wing authoritarians, often evidence: highly religious, moderate to little education, trust untrustworthy authorities, prejudiced (particularly against homosexuals, women, and followers of religions other than their own), mean-spirited, narrow-minded, intolerant, bullying, zealous, dogmatic, uncritical toward their chosen authority, hypocritical, inconsistent and contradictory, prone to panic easily, highly self-righteous, moralistic, strict disciplinarian, severely punitive, demands loyalty and returns it, little self-awareness, usually politically and economically conservative/Republican.

https://supreme.findlaw.com/legal-co...servatism.html
Well. I'd say this describes several pro Trump posters quite well.

Old 01-18-2019, 06:11 PM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Any chance he’ll just say he’ll open the gov for 3 weeks or so and negotiate border security during that time?
He might do that with the stipulation that if Dems don't negotiate in good faith, he'll promise to declare an emergency in 3 weeks, which he will do as promised.

Old 01-18-2019, 06:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,589 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
After a federal employee has been furloughed for 30 days the president can fire them. The theory is that there are certain people he is trying to get rid of, that he couldn't get rid of before, and that he will just basically hire 90% of the people back after firing them.

However, I don't see why he would say it was an announcement regarding the boarder if that was what he was going to do.
Well thank you! That makes sense in the context.

5,725 posts, read 2,190,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
What he didn't say is that he hasn't yet figured out what he is going to say.

But it has to be an attempt to stop his sliding in the polls......he has little choice in that matter. His party is probably telling him enough is enough and they are gonna turn against him if he doesn't end things in one manner or another.

So it will probably be a "kick the can" in one sense or another since any "order" will be challenged heavily in the courts and cause even more lack of action.

One wonders why he doesn't believe in government doing things in the time honored way - that has worked for 250+ years in the most successful nation on the planet? That alone should deeply concern anyone who considers themselves an America.
Funny, “Kick the can” is exactly what the politicians have done with the border problem the past 30 years.

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
He might do that with the stipulation that if Dems don't negotiate in good faith, he'll promise to declare an emergency in 3 weeks, which he will do as promised.
Democrats are okay with Donnie caving.

Old 01-18-2019, 06:13 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
President Trump has you got you all guessing - that is his genius. Covfefe, baby.

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You read bias into things. It is preconceived on your part.
I am a Classical Liberal. Not alt-right as you think.
You've often praised him, and expressed a lot of hostility toward those you consider your political enemies. If I've misunderstood you, perhaps it's because you have give me reason to do so.

7,982 posts, read 4,283,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Any chance he’ll just say he’ll open the gov for 3 weeks or so and negotiate border security during that time?
Quote:
It’s exactly what Pelosi has been saying they should do. He absolutely should do this.

Old 01-18-2019, 06:14 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,589 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
They shouldn't have to negotiate "in good faith"!!! They have the votes, they should absolutely have the right to say "no".

He represents the minority without the votes to pass stuff he wants. Elections mean something as Trumpers like to say.

The democrats really have to make a statement here. As I taught my kids, if you ask for something respectfully, you're likely to get it, or at least some of it. If you scream and holler and stomp and demand, you're not going to get it even if I kind of wouldn't mind giving it to you in the first place. I will not give in to tantrums. And that's what the legislative branch is seeking to teach Trump. You WILL NOT get something by being petty and demanding, if it's something that's our choice to give.

Old 01-18-2019, 06:15 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...95559504764930

State of the Union = Broken government.
Congress cannot even secure endowed (sacred) rights (prosecute trespass; adjudicate disputes; defend against enemies, foreign or domestic).

Trump is going to take that power from Congress. 3pm tomorrow.
You're delusional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies