Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2019, 06:50 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times

Advertisements

The great unsaid here....is if that story was not 100% correct (Mueller is a stickler for accuracy), the inverse is also true. That is, ALL the stories that the Special Council has NOT said anything about are LIKELY TRUE.

Mull that one over for a few.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2019, 06:51 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That said ~ I am going to go with George Conway's tweet to Individual One earlier today:

Quote:
“In light of the fact that you are a pathological liar, you should not be heard to complain about inaccurate media reports,
I mean, and that's Kellyanne's husband.
Yeah, that guy's a huge a**hole and a moron. This isn't an "inaccurate media report"; it's a lie intended to interfere with our political process in a way that none of the stupid stuff Trump says does.

Old 01-19-2019, 07:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
But I thought the Special Counsel was a bunch of lying angry Democrats? So if their statements make Trump look good they are true and if not they are false? Is that how this works?
The Barr effect. It would have never happened, if Jeff Sessions was still AG.
Mr. Barr would bust Muellers chops for leaks and Barr is looking for an excuse to get Mueller out of there.
Mueller had to come out, when his investigation was accused of leaking, by Buzzfuzz. Or, Barr would have ate him alive, in questioning.

Old 01-19-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Shows Trump has a lot of patience putting up with Kellyanne's idiotic husband. As an aside: the fact that this so-called husband humiliates his wife in public is disgraceful. They both need to take this display private.
I lived 12 miles from the KAC family my entire life. Suffice it to say that......well.....they aren't exactly of the class of people who worry about taking things private. Basically Pinelands gangsters....her uncle basically ran the state (and NJ is a big state) while tending to his blueberries and cranberries in the swamps of Hammonton. Large Italian family - and we NJ Italians aren't known for closed door discussions.

One of the last of the classic "Bosses"....families. Quoting him:
"My father was the youngest of nine. .... At the time, the political boss of Atlantic County was Nucky Johnson,"

Like Boardwalk Empire Nucky.

As an interesting aside, the dude is gay and got married at 77 years old. But he hid it his whole life until then. If you want just a little take on how different things were then....he was a Democrat, but then got the opportunity to partner up and get a position, so became a Republican. His words again:

"The Eisenhower Republicans were much more progressive. They certainly weren’t tied in to the religious right and weren’t the antigay bigots we have now"

Old 01-19-2019, 07:13 PM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,781,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Agreed. Good to see that Mueller and team are honest and trustworthy. I look forward to reading their report and am paying little attention to what media outlets have to say.

With Rosenstein on the sidelines, there is the acting AG and now Barr coming. Mueller is under new leadership, and we're seeing the benefits. Don't think for a second that Rosenstein would have allowed this statement to be made.

Old 01-19-2019, 07:43 PM

Now - just imagine - if and when the story is fully confirmed, will the thousands of Republican "leaders" who said there was not a drop of truth in it say "we apologize - we were wrong and this could be impeachable"??????

Of course not. None of them will say a word except to repeat that it wasn't true....even if it is. That is the world we live in now. Backwards and Bizzarro world.

Buzzfeed - again today - claims their story is factual and they have material to back it up. Obviously if this material and/or sources are not something the SC wanted to leak the story....well, then you'd see what you say...a Mueller Statement.

Let's wait for the proof....but give what we have seen so far, I've give it the 80/20 (true-false) odds. And, I suspect it isn't the worst thing that is going to come out.

Old 01-19-2019, 07:50 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Barr effect. It would have never happened, if Jeff Sessions was still AG.
Mr. Barr would bust Muellers chops for leaks and Barr is looking for an excuse to get Mueller out of there.
Mueller had to come out, when his investigation was accused of leaking, by Buzzfuzz. Or, Barr would have ate him alive, in questioning.
That's an amazing theory, the independent counsel was responding because of Barr. So from this point on any leaks that are reported can be taken as truth if Mueller doesn't comment, I like it.

Evidently Mueller is not part of the so called deep state and is a solid and fair investigator.

Old 01-19-2019, 07:51 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Holy crap! Special Counsel releases statement saying Buzzfeed story is inaccurate!

Actually, the SC's office said Buzzfeed's description and characterization of two things aren't accurate. Unlike facts, both are very much subjective, hardly time to be claiming anyone's innocence.

Old 01-19-2019, 07:56 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I have no idea what Buzzfeed's problem is, but I believe the story is basically correct, and we will find that Trump told people to lie to Congress and about the meeting with the Russian lawyer. Hope Hicks admitted Trump asked her to lie, so it is not like this should come as a surprise.
No, you just want so badly for it to be real and it simply is not.

Russia Russia Russia!

Old 01-19-2019, 08:11 PM

2,362 posts, read 778,305 times
A lot of the hyenas were pantsed. So eager to impeach Trump any morsel is automatically believed. Someone needs to start betting with them, real money, every time they say: "Trump is finished I swear."

So yeah, the story is already falling apart but let me just say if it was 100% true (maybe it is, asking your attorney to lie would not be out of the realm of possibility), it won't be the end of Trump. Democrats can impeach, but Republicans will throw it out. Just ask Bill Clinton. Bill Clinton didn't ask his attorney to lie under oath - he did it himself. Lying under oath is really not going to get a president removed from office. Keep wishing on your shooting star for something bigger, juicier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies