Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2019, 09:23 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times

Advertisements

It's fascinating to me how conservatives are no longer even pretending to be any less than aspiring dictators.

These used the be people who talked about their support of the Constitution, rule of law, all that stuff. Well, the way you get what you want through our Constitutional rule of law is to pass bills through Congress and signed them into law. If you can't get the bill passed, then tough **** - you don't get to bypass the process and just rule by royal decree. Or take Americans hostage and make them suffer until you get what you don't have enough support to pass through Congress. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say "If you're unhappy with the outcomes, then take Americans as hostages.". you want to get your way without compromise, then win more at the ballot box.

Conservatives apparently don't care about the Constitution, Congress, elections, etc. They have decided to employ the tactics of terrorism and collateral damage against our own people. Making a million American families suffer is their leverage for having their demands met.

We do not negotiate with terrorists. Release the hostages, then we can talk. Simple as that.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:28 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
I thought the same thing as above but with Pelosi in mind.

Fascinating.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I thought the same thing as above but with Pelosi in mind.

Fascinating.
But Pelosi is not the one who paralyzed basic government function and took a million families hostage. Trump did.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:30 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,524,730 times
You mean like writing obamacare into law and fining people for not buying piece of crap policies with high deductibles? Or DACA? Like that????

Old 01-18-2019, 09:31 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,098 times
Could you name the hostages? I believe there would be outrage if Americans were tied up in the White House basement, but I haven't heard about this. I would expect it to be big news. Almost certainly the top story on every media outlet. I'm very surprised you are the first one to report this. What are your sources?

Old 01-18-2019, 09:33 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
But Pelosi is not the one who paralyzed basic government function and took a million families hostage. Trump did.
Pelosi refuses to compromise holding government hostage.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
You mean like writing obamacare into law and fining people for not buying piece of crap policies with high deductibles? Or DACA? Like that????
Obamacare was passed as a law. Obama didn't shut down the government and freeze millions of people's pay until he got what he wanted. He passed it through Congress. Respect the process. Elections have consequences.

DACA was within rights of executive order. Upheld in court. Donald has done a ton of em too.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:34 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It's fascinating to me how conservatives are no longer even pretending to be any less than aspiring dictators.

These used the be people who talked about their support of the Constitution, rule of law, all that stuff. Well, the way you get what you want through our Constitutional rule of law is to pass bills through Congress and signed them into law. If you can't get the bill passed, then tough **** - you don't get to bypass the process and just rule by royal decree. Or take Americans hostage and make them suffer until you get what you don't have enough support to pass through Congress. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say "If you're unhappy with the outcomes, then take Americans as hostages.". you want to get your way without compromise, then win more at the ballot box.

Conservatives apparently don't care about the Constitution, Congress, elections, etc. They have decided to employ the tactics of terrorism and collateral damage against our own people. Making a million American families suffer is their leverage for having their demands met.

We do not negotiate with terrorists. Release the hostages, then we can talk. Simple as that.

Talk to us when you aren't trying to destroy the nation with an invented conspiracy theory because you lost an election. / thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies