Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2019, 05:50 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
It's sad that there are adults or here who actually believe in a fairytale like American exceptionalism. Like somehow being born within a geographic range granted us superhuman powers.
Is that really how you think the meaning of American exceptionalism is? Wow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 05:57 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Is that really how you think the meaning of American exceptionalism is? Wow!
Sure. Your ball.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:20 PM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
It's sad that there are adults or here who actually believe in a fairytale like American exceptionalism. Like somehow being born within a geographic range granted us superhuman powers.
If you've been to many foreign dungholes, when you get home you realize your most precious possession is your American passport.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:22 PM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Wave View Post
Blue Wave
I just don't understand how he was a horrible President.
Your handle says it all.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:58 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,297,632 times
Quote:
I generally lean to the right on most issues,
If you "lean to the right" you are not a conservative.
Quote:
but I actually don't believe Obama was a bad President. He certainly wasn't the worst one we've had.
He was the worst we've ever had. He left race relations in a shambles; he botched the Iran nuclear deal, he spiked the budget deficit through the roof; he took imperial president, unilateral actions and never made a serious attempt to work with Republicans, ruined health care, abdicated the U.S. position of leading the free world, nuzzled up to dictators and didn't solve one major problem..
Quote:
The economy was in horrible shape when Obama entered office, but it improved greatly during his term in the White House. I listen to talk radio a lot and they love to bring up how well the stock market has done since Trump took office, but yet they don't mention how it skyrocketed during Obama's Presidency.
The economy was in horrible shape as a perfect storm of situations hit, not the least of which was the Democrats running Congress. He had the worst post war recovery from a recession. Unemployment only dropped because so many people were classified as "no longer looking for work".
Quote:
Also, I don't believe Obamacare is a bad thing. People with pre-existing conditions can now get coverage and subsidies allow poorer Americans to get coverage. Personally, I don't mind paying higher premiums for that.
You might not mind paying higher premiums, but lots of people, especially those with families, do and the cost was supposed to go DOWN, not up. Healthcare hasn't improved and there are still MILLIONS without health insurance.
Quote:
The successful Bin Laden mission happened during Obama's term,
The successful Bin Laden mission happened because of work done during the Bush Administration that would NOT have been done in an Obama Administration
Quote:
as well as thawing of our relationship with Cuba.
It wasn't a "thaw" in relations, it was sucking up to a brutal dictator at the expense of Cuban dissidents. Lefties talk about Trump sucking up to Putin, Obama was ten times worse with Castro, Venezuela, the mullahs in Iran, the radicals in Egypt, dissing our only ally in the ME (Israel) and sticking a thump in the eye of the Brits too. Obama was a foreign polica disaster.
Quote:
I just don't understand how he was a horrible President.
Yes, I can tell.

Old 01-22-2019, 08:04 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
If you've been to many foreign dungholes, when you get home you realize your most precious possession is your American passport.
Lol...What? So Obama didn't appreciate America is more stable than underdeveloped countries fanatically enough for your tastes?

Old 01-22-2019, 08:55 PM

25,554 posts, read 17,256,908 times
"Islam has a proud tradition of tolerance."
Barack Obama, Cairo, June 4, 2009.

It is that sort of nonsensical kowtowing that nailed Obama to the "Wall of Phonies". Who does he think he's kidding? He was sucking up to Muslims and nothing else.

"Police in Cambridge, Massachusetts, acted stupidly in arresting a prominent black Harvard professor last week after a confrontation at the man's home."
Barack Obama, July 23, 2009.
More stupid, biased comments from The Man Who Would be God. The police followed procedure, but there was Obama cheering on those who chose to defy legal demands from proper authority. It was the first of many times that Obama put police officers in danger. In fact, Obama's followers took their cues from Obama and killed many officers during Obama's reign.

Old 01-22-2019, 08:59 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Oh the irony of Trump loyalists calling Pres. Obama "the worst we ever had", the man was an entirely capable President, who brought us back from an economic depression started by your boy Bush.

Pres. Obama staidly, slowly, and surely kept America humming along and it recovered from the previous 8 year of Republican misrule. And now, folks, we start the cycle all over again, with someone utterly unqualified to be President, who lies in own alternate universe, right along with the people who support them.

It's quite obvious to thinking people that there is little hope for those 30 to 35% of Americans who believe in Donald Trump.

They, like he, are likely too far gone to help.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:01 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
"Islam has a proud tradition of tolerance."
Barack Obama, Cairo, June 4, 2009.

It is that sort of nonsensical kowtowing that nailed Obama to the "Wall of Phonies". Who does he think he's kidding? He was sucking up to Muslims and nothing else.

"Police in Cambridge, Massachusetts, acted stupidly in arresting a prominent black Harvard professor last week after a confrontation at the man's home."
Barack Obama, July 23, 2009.
More stupid, biased comments from The Man Who Would be God. The police followed procedure, but there was Obama cheering on those who chose to defy legal demands from proper authority. It was the first of many times that Obama put police officers in danger. In fact, Obama's followers took their cues from Obama and killed many officers during Obama's reign.
I generally try to avoid responding to such nonsense, but I did want to say that if you knew anything about history, you would know that Islam actually does have a long tradition of tolerance, unlike the radicalism of the last part of the 20th century, much of that resulting from U.S. imperialism.

The rest of your nonsense is not worth commenting on.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:09 PM

25,554 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I generally try to avoid responding to such nonsense, but I did want to say that if you knew anything about history, you would know that Islam actually does have a long tradition of tolerance, unlike the radicalism of the last part of the 20th century, much of that resulting from U.S. imperialism..................
You should restrain yourself more. No one on earth believes that Islam is simply going through a bad period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies