Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 06:59 AM

19,633 posts, read 12,226,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
https://www.businessinsider.com/amer...keting-2014-11

32% of all American households are doubled up. (unrelated people sharing a home) Why should people on welfare enjoy a better standard of living?

If you watched the video taxpayers are paying 1300 per month for a single person to live in that city. That's 15,600 dollars per year. The going rent in that city is 1,600 per month (19,200 per year). Why is anyone "entitled" to forcing taxpayers to foot that kind of a bill?

There are roughly 4,800,000 households on section 8 welfare. It costs taxpayers 89,000,000,000.00 per year (Federal & State) for this program. That is 18,500 per household.

Maybe it is time to bring back the housing project concept?
Doing away with housing projects is part of what allowed those cities to improve and gentrify.

Maybe you want the projects coming to your neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 07:43 AM

8,065 posts, read 12,779,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Doing away with housing projects is part of what allowed those cities to improve and gentrify.

Maybe you want the projects coming to your neighborhood.
So it's better people live on the street since the housing is no longer affordable in these "gentrified" cities?

Old 01-21-2019, 08:10 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I ended up having to buy a cheap, rundown trailer to live in because landlords started requiring 3x income to rent at some point while I was living in that apartment and I was living on student loans at the time because no employer wanted to hire me. And then when I finally got a job, the employer didn't want to keep me because of all my medical problems. No employer has ever been willing to accommodate all of my medical problems. Then, the trailer caught fire and we were homeless again.

I ended up getting into an apartment in this one town while I was still employed at this one place. Child support enforcement finally started making him pay child support, so when I got fired yet again for my medical problems, I was getting enough in child support to pay rent and electricity with nothing left over.

I was having to do things like selling stuff I found that people threw in garbage for other stuff that we needed. During times I briefly had employment, before the next firing, I put as much of that money back as I could. I was very, super frugal. I lived near the library, so I was able to walk there and use their internet for free.

The jobs in between firings stopped and I haven't been employed since December 24, 2009. It was very stressful getting fired all time anyway. I had finally got to the point where I knew I'd be fired anyway and so it was hard to even get excited or even hopeful that an employer would finally want to retain me. But I know it's not my fault. I know I have done the best I could. God created me to have so many health problems. I have been sick literally since birth and had to be on oxygen when I was born. I finally accepted that God would never miraculously heal me as His children been telling me much of my life and applied for disability in 2010. I was approved about a year later after going through a lengthy appeals process. They don't like approving anyone.
You mention being "sick all the time" and "all my medical" problems over and over in the above quote, and I have to ask....what exactly ails you that is so bad it prevents you from working, but not so bad to be on SSDI?

And the trailer burning down...explain please.

Old 01-21-2019, 09:22 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They're unconstitutional because not every US 1040 filer pays federal income tax. Only 55% of US 1040 filers do. That violates the equal protection clause.
Then I suggest you take it up with the Supreme Court.

Old 01-21-2019, 09:24 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Then I suggest you take it up with the Supreme Court.
After RBG is replaced, SCOTUS may be asked to hear such a case.

Old 01-21-2019, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
FYI - on the news this evening they had a report of 4 illegals, using the same stolen SSN (I think), claimed over 20 dependent children and got a total of over $27k in tax "refunds". All from the same address. One child lived there.

And that's a crime that should be punished. I don't know of anyone who would dispute that. But to label everyone who is in Section 8 as a criminal because of the ones who break the law is not right.

Old 01-21-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
After RBG is replaced, SCOTUS may be asked to hear such a case.
Well then there ya go. Why all the fuss if you're so sure about it?

For the record, that's not going to change regardless of who's on the SCOTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies