Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 01:36 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times

Advertisements

The harsh truth with free speech is that it allows for racist, sexist, -phobic, blasphemous, and other forms of disrespectful expressions of communication.

Old 01-19-2019, 01:36 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer68 View Post
Did you even read my post and the one I responded to? At what point did I say anything about the kids threatening anyone? I just pointed out that some of them were wearing MAGA hats and were acting like punks.
Do they have to be thugs in uggs before they get your support ?

Old 01-19-2019, 01:38 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I've watched a couple videos of this from different angles.

At no time did anyone, not the young man's friends nor the adults in the crowd, come forward and say, "Come on. That's enough. Let's get out of here."

Not a single person.

Everyone was just fine with taunting that elderly man.
There is a video of a lady (kind of behind the elder) who says, “You guys are a mob. That’s what you are.” She was pretty disgusted. That’s all I saw.

Old 01-19-2019, 01:38 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
Looks like just another slow day at Berkeley... you reap what you sow.

Old 01-19-2019, 01:41 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Thank goodness this was videotaped. Twitter is now doing its thing. As it should. This ‘individual’ and his group members and ‘adult’ chaperones will regret their despicable arrogance. I’m here for it.
Do you feel the same about anti- white hate posts on Twitter? Or is that " free speech" and acceptable because, slavery.

Old 01-19-2019, 01:42 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
The harsh truth with free speech is that it allows for racist, sexist, -phobic, blasphemous, and other forms of disrespectful expressions of communication.
Do you see anyone suggesting that free speech should be curtailed?

Old 01-19-2019, 01:44 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Just a little context, considering the school and the location:

These kids are by and large upper middle class German Catholics. Socially conservative for sure, but not traditional 'Southerners' in any sense (their ancestors would've nearly all fought for the Union).

They may be sympathizers and/or political allies these days. But just because they're in Kentucky, that doesn't make them culturally Southerners in the traditional sense.

This isn't meant as a defense of southerners, nor to suggest that southerners wouldn't act like this. Just pointing out who these folks are.
I think you have to be pretty feeble-minded to attribute acts of terrible behavior to one geographic area or political affiliation.

Which is why so many in this forum do just that....

Old 01-19-2019, 01:44 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Do you see anyone suggesting that free speech should be curtailed?
No, I am just making a rather obvious of statement of how a person could get away with this or justify this.

Old 01-19-2019, 01:46 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
They were wearing MAGA hats and absolutely no one is surprised.

The hate they spew is downright ugly.

Just like the hateful anti- white left. One of which falsely accused a white person of the horrible tragic murder of a 7 yr old Houston girl.
What if the NA were harassing the whiteys? That would be ok, right?
Cause Wounded Knee and smallpox blankets ; though it's unlikely whites today are old enough to have done that.
Bottom line- hatred and harassment are bad- except when against whites; then it's " Social Justice"

Old 01-19-2019, 01:52 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
I think where this conversation goes awry is when people begin ascribing the behaviors of a few to a huge group that is totally uninvolved. It’s become the childish argument of grown Americans and it’s absurd.

A bunch of boorish poorly-behaved young men acted terribly at a march. That’s the reality here. Blaming Trump voters for this or any other isolated incident is ridiculous, and goes a long way in further alienating people over petty and silly things.

I could just as easily find a thread where conservatives are piling on all liberals for something a person or group of persons did. It goes both ways, and it’s beyond retarded, people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies