Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 07:06 AM

59,398 posts, read 27,561,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
While there is no limit specified most people would agree you should not be able to buy a grenade launcher. I think the easiest way to draw this line is if law enforcement can justify it so can a citizen.

"most people would agree"

Your OPINION ONLY!

Old 01-21-2019, 07:10 AM

59,398 posts, read 27,561,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I don't understand how anyone could misread the 2nd,

We had just defeated a very oppressive government. The framers trusted no one.
They wanted to make sure that if our new government became oppressive that we would be able to overthrow it. So they made sure we could own guns. Really, quite simple.
And they used the term "militia" because at that time all free men were the militia.

" So they made sure we could own guns."

The SAME guns the MILITARY HAD!

Old 01-21-2019, 07:23 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,762,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Make sure that you watch the excellent video

https://selfreliancecentral.com/2018...PMTANDEMKROSS2

Militia is illegal as the Police State has suppressed the Free State, the privilege of citizens 21 years of age who are non-felons and mentally sane my keep but never bear the small arms the government allows, this is limited and can be change at anytime.
Welcome to the 21st Century.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:31 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,680,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I don't understand how anyone could misread the 2nd,

We had just defeated a very oppressive government. The framers trusted no one.
They wanted to make sure that if our new government became oppressive that we would be able to overthrow it. So they made sure we could own guns. Really, quite simple.
And they used the term "militia" because at that time all free men were the militia.
Exactly, tyranny cannot thrive when the public is equally armed as the govt...thats the whole point of the 2nd.

BUt I always remind myself, even during the American Revolution, there were many civilians who sided with England, the American patriots of those days, were traitors and criminals in their opinion.

Old 01-21-2019, 08:49 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,762,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Exactly, tyranny cannot thrive when the public is equally armed as the govt...thats the whole point of the 2nd.

BUt I always remind myself, even during the American Revolution, there were many civilians who sided with England, the American patriots of those days, were traitors and criminals in their opinion.
There are a thousand and one stages/degrees of tyranny....as the definition of tyranny is very broad. It usually develops gradually over a period of time. Since all civil societies must have some rules that are enforced, tyranny is a very relative term. It is a matter of....compared to what?

Today's America is tyrannical, indeed, compared to the America of 100 years ago, 50 years ago, even 30 years ago. If personal firearm ownership were any deterrent today or even in recent decades against government encroachment on personal freedoms, we would still have 1919 style freedoms.

How was it possible for the left to weave its evil fingers into and throughout our culture, profoundly limiting our personal freedoms in recent years, with "a rifle behind every blade of grass" ?

Old 01-21-2019, 08:56 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,177,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"most people would agree"

Your OPINION ONLY!

I'm fairly confident a fair poll on this would indicate that the majority would agree that grenade launchers should not be legal to own.

Old 01-21-2019, 09:03 AM

6,175 posts, read 4,648,848 times
Hmmm, do you think that one reason this message might not be so effective is:

a.) The title starts off the tone of the conversation by calling the audience "ignorant, ill-informed and volitionally stupid".
b.) The people who are using the insults in (a) above undoubtedly have a large arsenal of weapons and ammunition.

A lack of diplomacy/tact plus heavily armed. What a combination!

So how do you think this is going to go over with the audience's openness to the message?

Old 01-21-2019, 09:04 AM

48,586 posts, read 35,047,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

Well then the 2nd has failed, because we are not, nor will we ever be, as equally armed as the government.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-21-2019, 09:09 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,614,879 times
If the history is telling, every minority should and must be against gun control.

Minorities, particularly the more successful ones have always been the target of persecution.

As for white people, remember New Orleans, Detroit, LA, Ferguson riots?

Of course nobody gives a crap about the history.

Old 01-21-2019, 09:13 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,680,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I'm fairly confident a fair poll on this would indicate that the majority would agree that grenade launchers should not be legal to own.
I strongly disagree, they are a deterrent.

How likely would a govt encroach on the peoples freedoms, if they knew people had access to rocket launchers?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies