Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 10:34 AM

19,840 posts, read 12,099,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Maybe part of the problem is too many demonstrations being scheduled in too close of proximity to one another.

The kids were participating in the March of Life. The Indians were participating in the Indigenous Peoples Day March. It is uncertain what the group of black youths was there for. The Woman’s March was also taking place.

Three marches for three causes scheduled at one time. People arriving at each event are pumped up and full of energy.

What could possibly go wrong?
The Black Israelites are a hate group and the ones there were grown men, definitely not youths.

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
National Review has deleted their original article on the event. NY Times has also backed off of their original story as well.

What a difference a day makes.

They are liars. Buzzfeed has exposed them for what they are. They don't even try to hide it anymore.

3,976 posts, read 1,990,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Is there a respect problem in some right wing suburbs like Covington, Ky.?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ol/2624503002/
Perhaps in the minds of some partisan leftists and their complicit media.

Seems I recall there was a recent incident where a group of Covington teens showed great restraint and respect in the face of racial taunts and threats by black supremacist nutbags, and and immediately followed by a pushy old activist man pounding a drum in their face.

Last edited by snebarekim; 01-21-2019 at 10:47 AM..

Old 01-21-2019, 10:43 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
I'm genuinely shocked to hear that former Vanity Fair contributor Kurt Eichenwald posted closeups of the Covington students' faces on his Twitter with a call for them to be denied jobs "in perpetuity". That's disturbing on so many fronts. A grown adult, a literary professional, with a large base of readers ... exposing minors to his base with a call to destroy their lives over this.

How can anyone effectively defend such behavior?

Old 01-21-2019, 10:48 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
These kids and their families are facing death threats and problems with their school, etc because of fake misreporting. Left wing media trying to ruin the lives of innocent kids, JUST because they support the president. Families have lawyers and should pursue with all they can. There is no excuse at all.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
I'm genuinely shocked to hear that former Vanity Fair contributor Kurt Eichenwald posted closeups of the Covington students' faces on his Twitter with a call for them to be denied jobs "in perpetuity". That's disturbing on so many fronts. A grown adult, a literary professional, with a large base of readers ... exposing minors to his base with a call to destroy their lives over this.

How can anyone effectively defend such behavior?
Of course. Because there was a 16 year old kid that stood in one spot with a nervous grin as some goof pounded a drum in his face.

By all means ruin the kids life.

Old 01-21-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
These kids and their families are facing death threats and problems with their school, etc because of fake misreporting. Left wing media trying to ruin the lives of innocent kids, JUST because they support the president. Families have lawyers and should pursue with all they can. There is no excuse at all.
It isnt all as bad as death threats. Some just want to "only" punch the kid in the face.

https://spectator.us/liberal-punch-child/

Old 01-21-2019, 10:57 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Wow, didn't know Kentucky was known for such things.
Why do you feel it necessary make this cheap shot - smear, actually - at my state and its people? Have you ever been here? Do you know many Kentuckians? Whatever your view is about the most unfortunate incident in Washington, do you think a group of high school kids from one school in one community represent our entire state?

Your snarky post indicates your bigotry as clearly as any I have ever read here. Knock it off.

For what's its worth, I am a Democrat and not a Trump supporter. But jumping to conclusions - as I admit I initially did, until I learned more about this incident - is wrong. I am glad to see various mainstream media realizing that they were also misled by the initial video(s) and now digging more deeply into what occurred. I hope everyone will do the same. It seems there is plenty of blame to go around on all sides, but the Covington Catholic students are not guilty of what they were first accused of.

I still question the lack of timely action on the part of the chaperones and the absence of police or park personnel, who could have separated the various groups and defused the situation.

I would guess that all the Trump regalia was purchased as souvenirs, not brought from home. But allowing the kids to wear it in such a heated atmosphere was not the wisest choice the accompanying chaperones and school personnel could have made. Yes, they had the right to do so. But it was inflammatory, in this situation and no doubt added to the tension and the anger of those who verbally abused the boys.

So - plenty of blame to go around. No one gets off scot-free, a phrase which I believe refers to the old Scottish verdict "Not proven". That, too, applies amply in this most unfortunate situation.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 01-21-2019 at 11:10 AM..

Old 01-21-2019, 11:06 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
It might be not the right thread to post that one, I apologize for this inconvenience but I spotted via another forum that article from Mediaite who mentionned then some journalists and celebs who posted tweets against the Covington kids deleted their tweets.
https://www.mediaite.com/online/jour...maga-hat-kids/

Quote:
You can delete your old tweets, but the internet is forever. At least, that’s what the Screenshot Bot tells us.

Over the past 24 hours, journalists and public figures on Twitter have deleted previous posts slamming a group of MAGA hat-wearing teens for allegedly taunting a Native American vet, after more footage was released disputing the initial story. From CNN’s Jake Tapper to Dilbert cartoonist Scott Adams, many on the internet are sharing a fuller explanation of the initial viral story.

Others, however, are very subtly just using the ‘delete’ button.

Recode editor and New York Times contributing op-ed writer Kara Swisher, for instance, deleted one tweet saying she was thinking of “finding every one of these ****ty kids and giving them a very large piece of my mind,” and other tweets throwing slurs like “Nazi” and “nationalist.” Sinclair chief political correspondent Scott Thurman deleted a tweet alleging students in MAGA hats were “mocking” and “taunting” a Native American in front of the Lincoln Memorial in D.C., asking in a new tweet if the new video changed minds about the kids.
I wonder if some of these deleted tweets are saved and archived on the Wayback Machine and Archive.is?

Old 01-21-2019, 11:09 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I watched the longer video, and from what I saw, those kids are definitely in the wrong, especially the one who stood in the NAs face, the condescending, pure hatred look on his face was undeniable imo!

The attempt to claim it was all a big misunderstanding is coming from the kids and their parents, of course they are going to try to weasel out, their entire lives are at stake now.
Same here. The counter narrative is ignoring a lot of context. Those kids didn't act like little innocent angels.

Of course they shouldn't be receiving death threats (eyc.), but they're not idiots. They knew what they were doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies