Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 01:54 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
If Pelosi was "appointed" POTUS, there would be a civil war.

unlikely.

exactly who would be attacking who? what would be the equivalent of the mason/dixon line?

the line of ascension is clear. in the unlikely ( IMO ) case that does happen i think we'll see some online tantrums and a few pity-party rallies and that will be the extent of that.

Old 01-21-2019, 01:55 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,219,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
On what grounds would Trump be impeached?

And also, in theory, just because a President is impeached, does not mean everyone scrambles for a reason in Congress to impeach the VP too. That ain't how it works. LOL

I believe President Trump will remain in office unless he chooses to resign, or his term ends. Most likely, I think he'll be re-elected in 2020 as well.

Why would he be re-elected? 35% support is not a majority. His approval is somewhere around 40% and we're still waiting for Muellers report. I don't think that's going to help him. And Giuliani's rants are not helping at all.

Old 01-21-2019, 01:57 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I wonder how much of the day liberals devote to these far left fantasies. Given that a good deal of their political ideology is based on fantasy, I would assume that such notions occupy a substantial component of their day.
About as many as conservatives still do for Hillary Clinton...

Old 01-21-2019, 02:01 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
but conspiracy and aiding & abetting are. see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM1muPb5TTc&t=358s

he appears to have gone to school.

For conspiracy or aiding and abetting charges, it must be proven that one knew a crime would be or was committed. If you ask me to lend you $10 and you buy 10 pounds of pure heroin with that $10 I am not a conspirator unless I knew or had good reason to suspect that you were going to buy heroin with it. If you ask me to drive you to a friends house and while you're there you purchase 10 pounds of pure heroin for $10 but I don't know it I'm not an accomplice in that crime. If the police are looking for you on a warrant for buying heroin and you come to my house and ask to spend the night without my knowing that you've committed a crime and are hiding from the police I'm not aiding or abetting. All require knowing participation on my part, I have to know that I am either aiding you in a crime or assisting you after you've committed the crime. Now if I know you're buying heroin but don't know that's a crime I'm still guilty, but if I have no knowledge that you're going to buy heroin, are buying heroin or have purchased heroin that's different.

conspiracy and aiding and abetting on the DNC hacked emails will be impossible....DNC denied the FBI to look at the servers to investigate and Clinton and Podesta refused to authenticate the emails published in Wikileaks....there is a reason the DNC and Clinton and Podesta did this. They don't want to be cross-examined in a court or Congress under oath. They have more things to hide in their servers and emails.

for a crime to occur there has to be a victim and when that victim refuses to cooperate with the investigation and refuses to authenticate or confirm what was stolen and the contents and refuse the investigator to look at the scene of the crime NO prosecutor will ever bring any charges. He has no case. Any defense lawyer will raise doubt and throw this case out of court.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:04 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
For conspiracy or aiding and abetting charges, it must be proven that one knew a crime would be or was committed. If you ask me to lend you $10 and you buy 10 pounds of pure heroin with that $10 I am not a conspirator unless I knew or had good reason to suspect that you were going to buy heroin with it. If you ask me to drive you to a friends house and while you're there you purchase 10 pounds of pure heroin for $10 but I don't know it I'm not an accomplice in that crime. If the police are looking for you on a warrant for buying heroin and you come to my house and ask to spend the night without my knowing that you've committed a crime and are hiding from the police I'm not aiding or abetting. All require knowing participation on my part, I have to know that I am either aiding you in a crime or assisting you after you've committed the crime. Now if I know you're buying heroin but don't know that's a crime I'm still guilty, but if I have no knowledge that you're going to buy heroin, are buying heroin or have purchased heroin that's different.

conspiracy and aiding and abetting on the DNC hacked emails will be impossible....DNC denied the FBI to look at the servers to investigate and Clinton and Podesta refused to authenticate the emails published in Wikileaks....there is a reason the DNC and Clinton and Podesta did this. They don't want to be cross-examined in a court or Congress under oath. They have more things to hide in their servers and emails.

for a crime to occur there has to be a victim and when that victim refuses to cooperate with the investigation and refuses to authenticate or confirm what was stolen and the contents and refuse the investigator to look at the scene of the crime NO prosecutor will ever bring any charges. He has no case. Any defense lawyer will raise doubt and throw this case out of court.
Again....Indictments have already been issued on this

Quote:
U.S. indictments show technical evidence for Russian hacking accusations
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1K32X1

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - U.S. indictments against a dozen Russian intelligence officers on Friday provided detailed technical evidence to back up allegations of Russian hacking and leaking of information to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Bull****

If Trump and his team were in on or had knowledge of this, that is a conspiracy. That's what Mueller is investigating. We are waiting for the outcome of this investigation.

those indictments have nothing to do with Trump.....if it was, Mueller would have said it in the indictments. it doesn't mention anything about conspiracy in the charges......try again

Old 01-21-2019, 02:10 PM

1,874 posts, read 817,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shokwaverider View Post
That was NOT the question.
the question is idiotic. you got a response in-kind

Old 01-21-2019, 02:11 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shokwaverider View Post
And how would that be worse? We would all get affordable healthcare, bankruptcies would be reduced, infrastructure would get passed and we may even get a balanced budget.
Why don't we already have those things after 8 years of President Obama? Nancy Pelosi has been in Washington for decades, why didn't she accomplish those things 20 years ago?

Old 01-21-2019, 02:12 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Once the handwriting was on the wall with Nixon, the Republicans moved Ford in place. Agnew was damaged goods and Ford was the perfect placeholder. Per the agreement, once Ford was POTUS he moved quickly to pardon Nixon.

I suspect that's what Republicans will do this time around if it looks like Trump will be going down for high crimes and misdemeanors connected for Russian involvement.

Remember, Pence was handpicked by Manafort, who is in prison at this very moment.

He was caught up in Flynn's business and ever since then only pops up long enough to proclaim that he knew nothing about nothing, that it is all a huge shock to him.

Which leaves me to believe that if Mueller's investigation turns up impeachable offenses on Trump, Pence won't end up squeaky clean either. Rather than risk Pelosi as President, the Republicans could well put in a placeholder as VP.
Ford was Speaker of the House. He wasn't just plucked out of Congress at random.

Pence was in charge of the transition when the acting attorney general went to the White House & told the transition team that Flynn was involved with the Russians. Pence keeps saying that he knew nothing. That is very questionable.

Old 01-21-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Again....Indictments have already been issued on this

those charges will never be proven because this will never go to trial.........one more time, if the DNC refused to give their servers to the FBI to investigate and Hillary and Podesta refused to authenticate the emails published in Wikileaks then explain how the federal government is going to convict U.S. Citizens of conspiracy of a crime they can't prove?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies