Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 11:17 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Off-course. Blacks are victims of liberal left intellectuals. And yes, those people are racists, no doubts about it.

I thought that labeling blacks as "victims" and or blacks seeing themselves as "victims" was something that the right frowned upon as being part of the "problem" with blacks. Now you are confusing me by arguing that blacks are indeed victims. So blacks SHOULD see themselves as victims.....of liberalism? So they SHOULD have a victim mentality?

In other words....you are saying "Do as you say", not "Do as you do"?

You conservatives keep moving the goal post. That is why I can't take you seriously. Its all BS hypocrisy.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 01-22-2019 at 11:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 05:41 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,582,090 times
It seems obvious that the team that refused to play the game knew they would lose, and wanted to avoid that embarrassment. Blaming it on the flag is beyond lame.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:05 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
What a racist and black privilege thing to say.

For the record, I played many years as the only white kid on basketball teams and was an all state basketball player in a state dominated by black basketball players and played college basketball.
Uh huh.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:22 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,334 times
With the Putin installed, racist POS Trump as president, the good ol days of Larry Bird and Magic Johnson are long gone.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:27 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Story is a little hard to follow. So Jordan, MN is the white boy team but got upset and decided not to play the other team because...they were concerned about their own fans displaying a Trump flag? Is that how I read it? Weird.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Both sides were wrong.

The black kids should’ve done what black kids on basketball teams have done to all white teams for years...beat them badly, run up the score to astronomical numbers and dunk on them as disrespectfully as possible.
Not necessarily at the high school level. Generally the team who plays smarter and executes better wins.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
What a racist and black privilege thing to say.

For the record, I played many years as the only white kid on basketball teams and was an all state basketball player in a state dominated by black basketball players and played college basketball.
I hate basketball.

Old 01-22-2019, 06:49 PM

8,338 posts, read 2,965,021 times
Put Obongo's pic on that flag or T-shirt. No problem.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:02 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,003,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Story is a little hard to follow. So Jordan, MN is the white boy team but got upset and decided not to play the other team because...they were concerned about their own fans displaying a Trump flag? Is that how I read it? Weird.
From a bit more local perspective....

Jordan played Minneapolis Roosevelt in a high school game on Jan 15th.. At the game the theme was USA blackout theme night. It is common for HS to have student section theme nights at home basketball games (and other sporting events). At this game some students had a Trump 2020 large banner/flag. A picture of this taken by the coach of Roosevelt , a predominately black school, and posted on Facebook of how welcome they felt.

On this past Monday, Jordan HS was to participate in a bball tourney held at Roosevelt HS where they would play another predominately black Minneapolis HS (Patrick Henry). This is the tourney Jordan pulled out of. Fear of safety, maybe. The answer given was that the coach/principal of Jordan didnt want the issue from 1/15 to distract from MLK day.

The two Minneapolis HS teams above do stay inside the locker room during the national anthem, and that is known ahead of time.

Old 01-22-2019, 09:07 PM

182 posts, read 197,421 times
Thank you to Kamsack. I am local as well, and I didn't think the information given was enough to understand what was going on. I thought of trying to write a synopsis, but you beat me to it, and probably did it better anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies