Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2019, 08:15 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I can't imagine standing in public shouting obscenities at anyone, let alone teenagers. Mental instability or vitriolic hate comes to mind.

For that matter banging a drum in anyone's face seems a bit nuts. Or maybe too much like the Westboro Baptists who spew hate in order to incite attacks so they can sue.
Even the Westboro morons don't attack children, then lie about it to the media, blame the innocent children as aggressors, while playing the victim-and foment violence against children. Westboro is scum-but Phillips takes it to a whole new level.

I hope that there is just one journalist out there with the integrity to call out this lying POS and expose him as the thug and liar he is, in all regards.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:16 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Yeah it does lol.

There is a world of difference between serving in Vietnam and serving stateside during the Vietnam era.

I find it hard to believe that you don't understand that.
So if he had served in Viet Nam then everything is forgiven?

Old 01-24-2019, 08:19 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So if he had served in Viet Nam then everything is forgiven?
I didn't say that.

You are putting words in my mouth.

I doubt anyone who really served in Vietnam would be beating a drum in a child's face.

I also doubt anyone why really served in Vietnam would be telling anyone else what they should or should not believe or be doing.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:22 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post

The children were under adult supervision why did they not move them away from the other agitators? Even the kids own video's show them engaging with the other protesters ,stop with the lies

I don't know what lies did the other poster tell. You seem overreacted.

Engaging with the other protesters is not a crime.

First of all, The Kentucky students were there for the Right To Life march. While waiting for their bus, a group called Hebrew Black or something like that started harassing and taunting pretty much everyone. This is what started the whole mess. It was videoed and can be found if you are interested in the facts.

The "real" racists were the ones cursing, swearing, shouting obscenities. Yes, the Kentucky kids could have handled it differently, but they did not start it. If they hadn't been wearing MAGA caps, this would have been a page 10 story.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 01-24-2019 at 08:39 PM..

Old 01-24-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I didn't say that.

You are putting words in my mouth.

I doubt anyone who really served in Vietnam would be beating a drum in a child's face.

I also doubt anyone why really served in Vietnam would be telling anyone else what they should or should not believe or be doing.
No that was what I was saying -- that was my point.

I was clarifying. You were right -- the first time it suggested that comparing someone who served in Viet Nam had the same challenges. That wasn't my point.

My point was -- debating where he served is irrelevant in this whole situation.

That's all.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
No that was what I was saying -- that was my point.

I was clarifying. You were right -- the first time it suggested that comparing someone who served in Viet Nam had the same challenges. That wasn't my point.

My point was -- debating where he served is irrelevant in this whole situation.

That's all.

Credibility matters.

If he misled people on purpose, then yes, his credibility would be questioned.

He did indeed say he was a Recon/Ranger which is not a valid military position. Why did a reservist have to pretend to be some kind of special force guy? You tell me. If he could lie about this, he probably has lied about other things, example, he heard the kids shouting, "build the wall, build the wall."

Old 01-24-2019, 08:28 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Chris Rock should go hang out with them in "Nat X" character, making cracks.
They're like the Don Rickles of black cults.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:29 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Weren't 1952 - 56 included in the 1971 and up years? EDIT -- they were but they weren't called for induction.

He didn't serve in Viet Nam but served during Viet Nam -- ahhh --- war of words.

So hypothetical -- if he had been to Viet Nam that changes everything?

No I didn't think so.
You seriously see no difference if he served overseas in a war or repaired refrigerators in California...….?

Old 01-24-2019, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Credibility matters.

If he misled people on purpose, then yes, his credibility would be questioned.

He did indeed say he was a Recon/Ranger which is not a valid military position. If he could lie about this, he probably has lied about other things, example, he heard the kids shouting, "build the wall, build the wall."
It has already been determined that the events weren't as originally cited by the original post that went viral.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:31 PM

Quote:
It has already been determined that the events weren't as originally cited by the original post that went viral.
It doesn't matter. What he said in the past, in public says a lot about his credibility/character.

He said in the past, “When I come home, those times, I got spit on, actually spit on, and called a baby-killer,” Phillips said. lol You don't think his words are purposely misleading?

“You know, I’m from Vietnam times. I’m what they call a recon ranger,” he said. “That was my role.” There is no such a thing as recon ranger. Plus, "that" was not his role.

I don't think you understand the point I was making. If he could lie about his military service, you have to wonder what else he has lied. For example, he said he heard the kids shouting, "build the wall, build the wall." I think this is b.s. nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies