Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2019, 10:37 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times

Advertisements

I read a news article saying the drummer forgave the Covington students. Uhh... the jerk initiated the confrontation and that was after that extremely racist and homophobic leftist group targeted the students who were just waiting for a bus. He should have apologized for acting as badly as the kids and he had no excuse.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:38 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I read a news article saying the drummer forgave the Covington students. Uhh... the jerk initiated the confrontation and that was after that extremely racist and homophobic leftist group targeted the students who were just waiting for a bus. He should have apologized for acting as badly as the kids and he had no excuse.
He is lost in his own lie. And when you still have an audience that pretends to believe it, why not? Easier than admitting the truth, which would probably demolish his whole reason for being.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:39 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
That was very big of him to forgive the students, LOL

Old 01-28-2019, 10:42 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Gillette Parody ad (Pretty good):

Old 01-28-2019, 10:48 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
I have friends that truly believe these boys are in the wrong.

Their words, “the boys of white privilege wearing the MAGA hats to march against women’s rights to their own bodies”.

I just don’t understand how someone could say those kids deserved the fallout from this situation.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:52 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,973,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Nick Sandmann responded perfectly in the face of intimidation and racism.
I have to agree. I am a Democrat, but depressed about my party and how they are acting.

Old 01-28-2019, 10:57 AM

39,221 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I have friends that truly believe these boys are in the wrong.

Their words, “the boys of white privilege wearing the MAGA hats to march against women’s rights to their own bodies”.

I just don’t understand how someone could say those kids deserved the fallout from this situation.
... victim blaming mentality, although they will NEVER admit it.

"Short skirt or MAGA hat, THEY are asking for it."

" It is sad that the girl was raped, but what kind of parents would allow their daughter to dress like that? If she didn't wear that short skirt, she won't be raped. Good girls won't get raped, only sluts do."

vs

"Well. I am not saying the MAGA hat wearing folks need to be killed, but if they decided to wear that hat, they need to be prepared for whatever coming their way.."

Now get this, if the MAGA hat wearing person is a minor, blame the parents.

It is the same mentality. These are the worst people in my opinion. Right is only right in their own little world. These people are HIGHLY predictable, so it is up to US the people to put them in their place. Start fighting back is the ONLY way.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:05 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,897,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I have to agree. I am a Democrat, but depressed about my party and how they are acting.

The media dropped the ball big time on this one I lean left and have voted Democrat but this one angered me I think there might even be some malice involved, I think they reported the story that they thought would get the best ratings instead of being factual without consideration to how it would impact the country of those involved. This was shameful and disgusting.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:06 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
... victim blaming mentality, although they will NEVER admit it.

"Short skirt or MAGA hat, THEY are asking for it."

" It is sad that the girl was raped, but what kind of parents would allow their daughter to dress like? If she didn't wear that short skirt, she won't be raped. Good girls won't get raped, only sluts do."

vs

"Well. I am not saying the MAGA hat wearing folks need to be killed, but if they decided to wear that hat, they need to be prepared for whatever coming their way.."

It is the same mentality.
This is the exact mentality that came to mind when reading their discussions.

That and the question, where was the white privilege????

I’ve long since given up on trying to inject a differing opinion or train of thought into their discussions. It does no good

I’ve also given up on labeling myself a feminist. Being of the equal opportunity, equal rights, equal pay feminist ideology, I cannot get behind or defend what has invaded feminism today. Vagina hats and man hating just aren’t part of what it means to me.

I’m not understanding what I believe to be severely deranged mentality on simple subjects.

When you’re wrong, admit it, learn and move on. Don’t dig in your heels and conjure up fabrications and what ifs to show how your train of thought could be right.

Old 01-28-2019, 11:12 AM

39,221 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
This is the exact mentality that came to mind when reading their discussions.

That and the question, where was the white privilege????

I’ve long since given up on trying to inject a differing opinion or train of thought into their discussions. It does no good

I’ve also given up on labeling myself a feminist. Being of the equal opportunity, equal rights, equal pay feminist ideology, I cannot get behind or defend what has invaded feminism today. Vagina hats and man hating just aren’t part of what it means to me.

I’m not understanding what I believe to be severely deranged mentality on simple subjects.

When you’re wrong, admit it, learn and move on. Don’t dig in your heels and conjure up fabrications and what ifs to show how your train of thought could be right.
The only good coming out of this story is "The parents and kids will sue."

Fighting back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies