Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2019, 01:08 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel View Post
Yes, they did infact meet the criteria.

noun

a large crowd of people that is dangerous or difficult to control

verb

if a large group of people mob someone or something, they surround them in an angry or excited way

https://www.onelook.com/?w=mob&ls=a

Take your pick.

"Dangerous?" You're too funny!

Old 01-31-2019, 01:52 PM

2,070 posts, read 892,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The Black Hebrew Israelites are well-known for provoking people with racist slurs, not engaging in real dialogue. This is a group to be ignored not engaged.
Yet one of the students asked permission to get the group all worked up -- loud & boisterous w/their aggressive school chants in retaliation to the slurs, & the chaperone condoned the engagement.

There was no "adult in the room" when the sandman chose to grandstand for his buddies. Either. Was the "chaperone" too afraid of the old Indian playing an indigenous prayer song on his drum to "protect" the young self-appointed hero -- standing there all alone against the mean old indigenous man?

It wasn't difficult to read the boys faces in the crowd. The 'face off' was all about control & who's got it. The students had the numbers & the decibels. It must have been very heady for the covcath youngsters. Sure looked like it to me. Maybe that's why the parent$ had to hire a PR firm & plot their fancy footwork. Teaching the children well.

Last edited by MissPickel; 01-31-2019 at 02:06 PM..

Old 01-31-2019, 02:09 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Yet one of the students asked permission to get the group all worked up -- loud & boisterous w/their aggressive school chants in retaliation to the slurs, & the chaperone condoned the engagement.

There was no "adult in the room" when the sandman chose to grandstand for his buddies. Either. Was the "chaperone" too afraid of the old Indian playing an indigenous prayer song on his drum to "protect" the young self-appointed hero -- standing there all alone against the mean old indigenous man?

It wasn't difficult to read the boys faces in the crowd. The 'face off' was all about control & who's got it. The students had the numbers & the decibels. It must have been very heady for the covcath youngsters. Sure looked like it to me. Maybe that's why the parent$ had to hire a PR firm & plot their fancy footwork. Teaching the children well.
It doesn’t matter that these kids and their families were receiving death threats from bat chit crazy leftist loons. The nerve of these boys, standing there, like they live in a free country. You probably think death threats were not enough.

Old 01-31-2019, 02:23 PM

2,070 posts, read 892,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPickel
Yes, they did infact meet the criteria.

noun

a large crowd of people that is dangerous or difficult to control

verb

if a large group of people mob someone or something, they surround them in an angry or excited way

https://www.onelook.com/?w=mob&ls=a

Take your pick.

"Dangerous?" You're too funny!

Patellar reflex?

Try again.

Mob:

noun

a large crowd of people that is dangerous "or difficult to control"

verb

in an angry "or excited way"

Better?

Old 01-31-2019, 02:23 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:

Which is why i posted

Phillips’ claim to the role of peacemaker doesn’t align with his going into the crowd of young people or his banging the drum and chanting in Sandmann’s face for several minutes. A tribal elder should be more mature than that.

And the media need to return to the standard of understanding, reporting and applying news judgment to events before deciding that it’s enough just to be viral.

You chose to ignore the rest of my post? Why is that?

Plus, like it or not, there will be a reaction with every action. Whoever started carried the most blame.

No one in this thread has ever claimed the students were saints, or angels. Saying, "They didn't do anything wrong" =/= saying they are American heroes. Even the student himself has said, "I wish I could have handled the situation differently" They (we) are only saying they (the students) do the normal things protesters normally do. Protesters (all kinds) deserve safety and be treated fairly by the media, we don't have it right now.

emoji leads me to believe that your above post is based mostly on your emotion.

Your bold, what are you talking about? The student is 15 years old, he is a teenager. At least he and his fellow students are not "adults". Are you saying he should have handled every situation perfectly every single time? sheesh, I don't expect adults to do the things I cannot do, I certainly won't expect that from a teenager who is 18 years younger than me.

Plus, you can judge a teenager based on perfect 20/20 hindsight, it is your right. But I won't, I am not perfect myself, maybe you are. In this situation, I know who is the liar (Phillips), who is the drama queen (Phillips), who started the mess (black hebrew or whatever they call themselves), who is to blame and who is real evil. (The media which has lost integrity a long time ago)

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 01-31-2019 at 02:45 PM..

Old 01-31-2019, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I've been saying this from day one..............

https://ndsmcobserver.com/2019/01/ch...atholic-chaos/

.......as will the courts.
hmm, yeah, rolleyes indeed.

No attorney can (ethically) guarantee a particular result, because there are too many variables, and every case is different and so on, but here you are, claim you can guarantee a result.

Plus, the author of your article posted the above as a view point, I have said it to you pages ago and I am going to say it again. It looks like you do not know the differences between a view point and a fact.

Last but not the least, you don't seem to understand why the students might have a case. They can threaten lawsuits against media unless they (the media) retract false stories. It has nothing to do with the stupid article you posted.

Old 01-31-2019, 02:53 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
hmm, yeah, rolleyes indeed.

No attorney can (ethically) guarantee a particular result, because there are too many variables, and every case is different and so on, but here you are, claim you can guarantee a result.

Plus, the author of your article posted the above as a view point, I have said it to you pages ago and I am going to say it again. It looks like you do not know the differences between a view point and a fact.

Last but not the least, you don't seem to understand why the students might have a case. They can threaten lawsuits against media unless they (the media) retract false stories. It has nothing to do with the stupid article you posted.
Your spin and bias is not working.

Old 01-31-2019, 03:00 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
Anyone else here think that no one did anything wrong at demonstration?

Old 01-31-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Your spin and bias is not working.
You are not responding to the content of what I'm saying.

Try harder next time.

Old 01-31-2019, 03:07 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Most of the wrong was done by the media after the event.editing tapes and spinning a false story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies