Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2019, 07:07 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,954,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
America has been so kowtowed to the idea that white = bad that we now allow openly racist groups to verbally beat down white children with little to no criticism.

Disgusting.
Not just disgusting, but very sad. Adults attacking kids coming out of school is okay now so long as the kids are white. What happened to our country?

Old 01-22-2019, 07:10 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,259,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Yep. This was a real good fake news story. Kids are coming out of school and were being racially attacked by a group and they stood tall. Then this American Indian stepped in to try and defuse the situation. It amazes me how people can attack students leaving school while being harassed, but they are "white", so I suppose that is okay these days.

I am honestly saddened by how my fellow Americans are acting on all sides. Honestly I think the media has really gotten the best out of us all. Very hard to be balanced these days.

Good luck to all. I think at some point things will settle down with how people view the media, but it might not be in my lifetime. Kind of sad.
Not quite. The Native American assumed it was the kids causing the problem because some of them were wearing MEGA hats as if that's somehow illegal. Then he went on to tell the media how the kids were the trouble makers. He lied and doubled down on his lie because he's a Trump hater irregardless of the harm done to those kids and their school.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:14 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
While the Black Hebrew Israelites yell "crackers" and other obscenities at the teenagers. I have a feeling that liberals support groups like the Black Hebrew Israelites. Why so.much hate toward whites by the radical left? Also racism is a two-way street. There are plenty of minorities that hate whites.
Trump also being labeled a racist by liberal media constantly.

Will they at least admit that these BHI members are racists? The libs in and out of the media were sure quick as hell to damn these kids as racists without any proof at all.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:17 AM

27,541 posts, read 28,625,446 times
What is the big deal about this story?

There wasn't even any violent encounter here.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:18 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Not quite. The Native American assumed it was the kids causing the problem because some of them were wearing MEGA hats as if that's somehow illegal. Then he went on to tell the media how the kids were the trouble makers. He lied and doubled down on his lie because he's a Trump hater irregardless of the harm done to those kids and their school.

Phillips also said:

Mr Phillips wiped tears away as he said: "When I was there singing, I heard them saying 'Build that wall, build that wall'.

But, did they chant those words? I'm just wondering if he was being truly dishonest or not.

Native American man mocked by schoolchildren in Trump 'MAGA' hats

Old 01-22-2019, 07:19 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,581,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
If the precious little snowflakes "feel" threatened" by a hat, and are emotionally injured because of that, then that's on them. And they might want to make an appointment with a mental health professional, because that sort of thinking is just not healthy.

Here's a news flash: verbal violence is NOT violence. Speech is protected in this country, even speech that you disagree with and find offensive. If you can't handle that, then maybe you should look deep inside yourself and figure out why WORDS are hurting you. Because violence DOES have to be physical. Anything else is free speech.
Wouldn't that apply equally to both sides?

The fact is, no one involved in this mess engaged in actual physical violence. Bad behavior? Yes. Rudeness? Yes. Ugly words? Yes. Physical violence? No.

I agree that the initial reports about this story were very skewed. The fact is, it shouldn't have been a story at all, or at least not such a big one. It is now, of course, because of the way people have reacted to it.

As for the MAGA hats, had I been in charge of that trip, I probably would have discouraged them, not because they are "violent," but because the purpose of the trip was supposed to be March for Life, not the endorsement of any political figure.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:20 AM

1,874 posts, read 817,398 times
I wasn't on the internet much this weekend. What ACTUALLY happened with this story? And please don't say go look it up. I have and its impossible to find an unbiased account of what happened.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:21 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,752,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
It's an act of violence because MAGA hats make people of color (for the most part) feel threatened and causes emotional injury, which is a verbal form of violence. It's not physical, but it doesn't have to be.
A comment comes to mind but... it would be insensitive of me to mock the mentally ill.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:24 AM

27,541 posts, read 28,625,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
What ACTUALLY happened with this story?
Some old Native American guy started beating a tribal drum in front of a white teenager smiling and wearing a MAGA cap.

Then, all hell broke loose on the internet.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:28 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
This conflict could easily have become violent, but it didn't. Honestly, I am not sure why people have become so obsessed with this story. It has gotten a lot more attention from both the left and the right than it deserves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Here's why:

Because people have threatened these kids. They've doxxed them, put their personal information online, have sent death threats, and plenty of people on social media, including the "blue check marks" (verified accounts - usually reserved for celebrities, news people, government, etc), have called for people to hurt them and/or destroy their lives.

The kids were waiting for their chaperones. That's where they were all told to meet. The Black Israelites, after they got done being the sexist jackarses that they are towards some of the Indigenous females there, made comments to the kids from the school who were only watching. They had nothing else to do, and this little group was yelling at the top of their lungs about how God was going to take care of the wicked (in this case, according to them, that was every single white person), and that people needed to come to God. That's what they shouted for a good hour or more.

They threatened the kids. They harassed the kids. They called them names like crackers, incest babies, school shooters, and called the black kids that were there, coons. Not a one of those kids had done a thing but watch.

As more of the students met up at the location, they started to talk to the black Israelites who continued their slurs, their insults, and very much their threats. "Your day is coming, whitey, your day is coming!" And threatened them if they got too close - after calling them names for not getting too close.

At that point, the kids just decided to start chanting school cheers. They had been harassed for over an hour, so they chanted because, as some of them said, it made them feel better. By that time, some of the chaperones were there, as well.

So they have their backs to the black Israelites and the Indigenous People's March...and by the way, had said or done absolutely NOTHING to anyone in the Indigenous People's March...when the Indigenous People's March decided to approach them from behind, beating their drums.

The kids stated that at first, because they were drumming with the kids' chants and cheers, they thought that the Indigenous People's March people were rallying with them. So they had fun, dancing and chanting. The SJW MORONS on this planet claimed that they were "mocking" the Indigenous People's March when that wasn't anywhere near the truth.

Once the kids realized that the Indigenous People's March were not, in fact, drumming with them and being friendly, they got confused. You can hear some of them asking, in the video, what was going on. They had done zero, zero at all to anyone in the Indigenous People's March, so of course they were confused.

By that time, professional agitator, the one you see in the video, got right up in some kid's face. That is a grown adult getting in a kid's face - a kid who had done zero to that person. Not one thing. He proceeded to beat his drum in the kid's face, within an inch of that kid's face. The sole purpose of that was to be intimidating. What was the kid supposed to do? Well, he wasn't about to back down, but he wasn't going to fight, either. So he stood there. He stood there and did nothing but smirk.

And that is what some people have been losing their ish over, doxxing them for, sending death threats for, trying to destroy their lives for. That.

And no one chanted "Build the wall" or whatever people are claiming. There is no time anywhere at all that the kids ever said that, but, the Indigenous Peole's March did tell the kids to go back to Europe.

Why so much attention? Because the media wanted people to pay attention to their edited version of the video. Why? Gee, what just blew up in their faces the day before? Oh, that's right, fake news about Trump telling Cohen to lie. Ah, yes. So, the fake news used fake news to distract everyone from the fake news that they got caught up in.

Their downfall was the video by the black Isrealites. Oops! Guess they didn't realize that they had been videoing themselves the entire time - all 2 hours of it. All of it. The lying fake media didn't count on that. Now they're busted again.

Rather than admit what they did was wrong, they have doubled down on their lies by pretending that some high school game theme was "racist". It was nothing of the sort and is not special to this particular school. They also tried to bring forward someone who claimed that the kid's from that school had harassed them before the Indigenous People's March came forward....but there's a problem there. See, some people on social media, (and that does include me this time), dug into their twitter past.

If the left can do it, we fight fire with fire. Well, well...someone is extremely racist and homophobic, and we have all the tweets to prove it. They tried to delete them as fast as we posted them, but they forgot all about screen shots and archives. Watch that non story go nowhere now that they've been outed.

The fake news media was using it as a distraction from the fake news they all got busted for repeating and gloating endlessly about impeaching Trump. They told people what they were going to see, and the people bought into it because...well, basic psychology - tell people that they're going to see something, they'll see exactly that. And also, it "confirms" their bias against anyone who is a) white b) male and c) supports Trump.

The more that the media and the left go hysterical over every little thing, the more it's very apparent that they are losing the battle. They know it. If they were winning, they wouldn't be acting like this.

What is unfortunate is that moderate Dems are getting caught up in this mess - they don't know what to believe. I saw a few of them admit that they were wrong for their "knee jerk reaction" and felt bad about it. One person actually said that they felt bad for thinking the worst. Some lite Conservatives also jumped to conclusions and are eating crow today.

For what? Fake virtue signalers. In the words of Mark Steyn, nothing that the left and media has been virtuous in this situation.

There is a definite split down this country, and there is a very complicit machine responsible for it. The media. Now, just find out who is paying them to do this.

As it stands, the only reason I am taking the time to talk to you about this is because I know you're on the left, and I have to admit, after the absolute vial hatred and vitriol towards these kids that I've seen from the left...I'm having a very, very hard time giving a single damn about anyone on the left. I like you...so I'm trying, but overall - the left can suck it, as far as I'm concerned. I no longer care what the hell they want. I no longer want to even listen to them. I don't want to have an open mind with them. I know it's not everyone on the left....but boy are some lefties making it really hard for me to give a single SH about anyone on the left anymore.
fantastic post with so many excellent points, reminding me why, for the umpteenth time, three wolves is one of my all-time favorite C-D posters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies