Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2019, 10:01 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Those who think this event isn’t a big deal ought to really think hard on that. It’s a real big deal. What we have here is a quite clear picture of wrongdoing against a group of children, with grown adults leading the charge.

For me personally, this incident has awakened me to the level of tactics that are used to falsely taint fellow Americans. I saw our media participate, I saw celebrities and other public figures participate, and I saw that when proven wrong, very, very few are willing to step foward, apologize, and make appropriate corrections for their mistakes. I saw children be accused, threatened, harassed, and blasted for absolutely no valid reason at all by grown adults trying to bolster their own askew perception of racism.

I am so disgusted by this event. Even children are not immune to this ridiculous Maoist culture war.
This is exactly how I feel. enough is enough.

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Not really. To suggest otherwise is pure naivety or deliberate revisionist historianism.

You have to understand that this hat carries with it an immense amount of baggage. Every hateful comment screamed by Trump at his stupid rallies are tied up in that hat. And really think about what it is saying. America never stopped bring great. What is it really trying to say?

I'm not saying anyone deserves violence against them for the hat, but you shouldn't be surprised you don't get the red carpet rolled out for you when you show up with that hat on. And if you don't understand why, you've truly been asleep at the wheel since 2015.

Bernie bumper stickers or a beto sign doesn't even come close. What a ridiculous comparison.

Baggage? LMAO what "immense amount of baggage" was being carried with Nathan Phillip's chant? Going back way further than a MAGA hat which in reality only has any baggage attached if you're some Berkely class bound willfully ignorant wretch who believes everything some "professor" says as Gospel.

Don't expect me to roll out the red carpet for anyone doing the Ghost Dance in my front yard or trying to smear me as a racist for a stupid campaign hat.

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
You need help.

Just because you guys use the tools you learned from Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" will NEVER make it truthful.
I don't care if someone wears these hats, but I understand why people react negatively to them.

If you don't understand why, you have not been paying attention for the last 3-4 years.

Whatever original intent the hats had in the very beginning have been destroyed by Trump's caustic messaging. They're now a symbol of that (mostly hateful) rhetoric.

3,321 posts, read 1,100,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Sure, I'll take a stab at it.

The Indian didn't attack anybody. We should not further the narrative that he did.

Do you feel better now, Subaru? I certainly hope so.
I do actually, thank you for standing by your original point.

19,636 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
I wouldn't react the way some people do to the hats. But I understand why they do.

These weren't just about "Trump 2016", and stop being so obtuse for a moment. Realise that rolled up in that message "make America great again" is a lot of nonsense (and a fair amount of hateful speech and messaging) from Trump's campaign and presidency.

What is it really saying? It's a lot more complex than "elect Trump in 2016", and you know it.

It takes an incredible amount of naivety to not know this.
Yes, it's their version of Hope and Change. They see the positive aspects of Trump's vision. You see something else. I think he is making some mistakes but it isn't based on hate or racism. So to me the hat isn't hateful or racist.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Precisely because you DON'T understand reality. You have let the 'Rules For Radicals' crowd dictate and rearrange what you think is normal and what you think is bad.
Wear the hat, report back.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:02 AM

1,874 posts, read 818,253 times
the left is losing its collective mind, or what was left of it. maybe some should have actually moved to Canada like they promised.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
America has declined in many ways in my lifetime. But I don't think Trump or anyone at this point can fix it. It's just a phrase, used by other past presidents as well.

You want to read all kinds of things into it go ahead.
America is as great as it has ever been.

What is it really saying?

Do remember all of Trump's crazy and hateful things he screamed at rallies are wrapped up in this message. That's just reality, and Trump is the main person responsible for that.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:04 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
The only person responsible for turning those hats into a caustic symbol is Trump himself.

You're incredibly ignorant if you don't understand how this hat is viewed in the world. It is a symbol, and every hateful comment Trump has ever screamed is wrapped up in it. Sorry, that's just reality.
No that’s your reality. Heaven forbid that someone else has a different political view than you! The hate is on your side PERIOD.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:05 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Liberals unhinged: Even if they did as they claim why is this news? There are hundreds of millions of people in this country. There are going to be many, many rude interactions involving people of different races, different ages saying offensive things. Get over it and stop trying to police mundane interactions in society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies