Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2019, 10:40 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
When the New York Times runs an opinion piece admitting that initial reports were wrong and that something has to change, progressives beating up on these kids ought to pause and read.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...-life.amp.html
title is fitting...

How We Destroy Lives Today

Quote:
In this one episode, you had a gentle, 64-year-old Native American man being swarmed by white (boo!), male (boo!), preppy (double boo!) Trump supporters (infinite boo!). If you are trying to rub the pleasure centers of a liberal audience, this is truly a story too good to check.

Saturday was a day of liberal vindication. See! This is what those people do! This is who they really are. Reza Aslan, the religious scholar, tweeted a photo of the main Covington boy and asked, “Have you ever seen a more punchable face than this kid’s?” The filmmaker Michael Green showed the same image and tweeted: “A face like that never changes. This image will define his life. No one need ever forgive him.”

Old 01-22-2019, 10:40 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I would disagree. the guy deliberately walked a long distance and stopped directly in front of the kid,getting into his "space" and yelling at him while beating on a drum...…….

https://definitions.uslegal.com/p/personal-space/
I would consider it a verbal confrontation.

I get irked that progressives constantly use the word “attack” to describe any verbal criticism. I definitely wouldn’t turn around and make the same mistake. As you can see, they’ll get caught up in pedantry and ignore everything else if you mis-use any words. Doesn’t matter when they do it.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:41 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Please. Tell us what tribal song he was singing? The video is clearl. Maybe get your eyes checked instead of admitting the obvious.
Why don’t you point exactly when, where & what the NA “screamed” at the high schooler. Also, point out exactly when & where in the video the NA walked right up to the high schooler & got in his face. This should be good.

How would I know what tribal song it is? Anyone with functioning ears knows he was singing a tribal song, not screaming in the high schoolers gave. Please.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:42 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
I guess the next step for out of control hate fueled liberals is to murder young people who are Christian and support Trump. Unbelievable that their school had to shut down because of all the threats. I'm sorry but someone is SICK IN THE HEAD who makes threats like this
Quote:

I have received physical and death threats via social media, as well as hateful insults. One person threatened to harm me at school, and one person claims to live in my neighborhood. My parents are receiving death and professional threats because of the social media mob that has formed over this issue.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/covingt...s-say/25984485

Old 01-22-2019, 10:43 AM

19,839 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
LOL, it's clearly shown on the video he walking directly up to the student from a distance and got inches from his face beating his drum. It's not a physical assault, but I can't help but think he was provoking the 15 year old boy into doing something physical. The kid didn't take the bait but stood there and smiled at him.
He also lied in one of his earlier interviews, saying the 15 year old boy got in front of him. That little group moved in on the kids with multiple cameras. They were there to provoke. The weasel next to Nathan Phillips was trying to antagonize and bait the kids into reacting but you can see the 15 year old advising his classmate not to react to the bait.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:43 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Sadly, your posts are in such denial of what happened that they've lost all credibility, but just keep at it if it makes you happy.
You’ve mistaken me for someone who you think would care what some random keyboard pounders think of me.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:44 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
NBC and the MSM is really stooping low these days.....

NBC writer wants violence brought down on these teenagers.

SNL Writer Offers Blowj*bs in Exchange for Someone Punching a Covington Catholic Student in the Face

Old 01-22-2019, 10:44 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
It's how they're perceived in the world. It just is. There's already a poll here showing that to some degree.

I personally don't react that strongly to the hats. But I understand why others do.
I wasn't too happy about this.. but I didn't go beserk over it with death threats...……

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...0&vt=0&eim=0,1

Old 01-22-2019, 10:45 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Being a what?

Whatever you’re attempting to say here....doesn’t amount to “assault”.
A palsy, just like Oswald was and who had probably received orders from some highers-ups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:45 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Default Should Twitter and Facebook Be Sued For Posting Threats to Covington Kids?

Covington kids should sue Twitter

You see, by censoring conservative tweets on Facebook and Twitter, these multi-national corporations became publishers and not impartial web platforms -- especially since death threats are against their rules but they allowed these tweets anyway.

You allow them, you own them.

"Twitter now owns every tweet on its site. That means if someone is libeled and bothers to sue, his lawyer is going after the publisher: Twitter."

The blogpost contains tweets suggesting that the kids should be put in a wood chipper... and the school should be burned down...

Consider this also... remember when Craigslist and other shadowy sites had to change because a law was put in place that made them liable for sexual assaults if advertisements linked to a crime were posted on their servers? Seems like the same should come into play here.

Maybe a lawsuit will put them on notice about their content.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 01-22-2019 at 11:01 AM..
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies