Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2019, 11:15 AM

4,958 posts, read 2,235,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Yea....no. That doesn’t excuse blackface. Try again.

That being said, parties from “both side” are responsible for the events as they transpired at this rally.
There is no need to excuse it because "blackouts" CLEARLY has nothing to do with race.... despite race baiters trying to make it so.

The only racial element of the rally was the Black Hebrew Israelites directing racial and homophobic slurs at a group of Catholic school teenagers. Otherwise, A Native American adult instigator approached a Catholic school group and beat a drum inches from the smiling face of a teenager. I think it was inappropriate for an adult to approach a teenager in a way that could be perceived confrontational, but otherwise, it is a non-event.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:15 AM

30,343 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Quote:
That’s not assault.
Yes it is.

https://criminal.findlaw.com/crimina...-overview.html

Old 01-22-2019, 11:16 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,013,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Lol... Pretty weak comparison.

Show me rhetoric from any candidate from any political party that comes close to vitriolic nature of Trump.
I was comparing "make America great again" If you find that "vitriolic" what more I say to you is a waste of time......

Old 01-22-2019, 11:17 AM

3,321 posts, read 1,099,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
It’s literally not. Quit grasping at straws.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:17 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,503,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
There is no need to excuse it because "blackouts" CLEARLY has nothing to do with race.... despite race baiters trying to make it so.

The only racial element of the rally was the Black Hebrew Israelites directing racial and homophobic slurs at a group of Catholic school teenagers. Otherwise, A Native American adult instigator approached a Catholic school group and beat a drum inches from the smiling face of a teenager. I think it was inappropriate for an adult to approach a teenager in a way that could be perceived confrontational, but otherwise, it is a non-event.
It’s absurd that people think a bunch of white kids dressed in blackface and went to a high school basketball game that way. As if they belong to a society of such racist parents, teachers, and coaches that this was seen as acceptable.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:18 AM

4,958 posts, read 2,235,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Only a racist wears a MAGA hat.
Perhaps to a narrow, ideological mind.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:18 AM

30,343 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Quote:
It’s literally not. Quit grasping at straws.
It really is...stop pretending it isn't.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:19 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,013,890 times
Quote:
For starters, it’s not “assault”.

Secondly, I don’t place myself in those situations. Problem solved.
nice deflection. my kids used to do that when asked a direct question...……...anything but a direct answer.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:19 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
like I said..... what would you do if I did exactly what he did. to you?
Move out of the way. Duh.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:30 AM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Mr. Phillips, the drummer, is a LIAR. This isn't an unsubstantiated statement-here is a link to his comments-lets take them apart one by one.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...eo/2630256002/

Lie #1

Quote:
"They were in the process of attacking these four black individuals," Phillip said. "I was there and I was witnessing all of this ... As this kept on going on and escalating, it just got to a point where you do something or you walk away, you know? You see something that is wrong and you're faced with that choice of right or wrong. "

Phillips said some of the members of the Black Hebrew group were also acting up, "saying some harsh things" and that one member spit in the direction of the Catholic students. "So I put myself in between that, between a rock and hard place," he said.

But then, the crowd of mostly male students turned their anger towards Phillips.

"There was that moment when I realized I've put myself between beast and prey," Phillips said. "These young men were beastly and these old black individuals was their prey, and I stood in between them and so they needed their pounds of flesh and they were looking at me for that."
Multiple videos, including the one by the black racist hate group prove this is a lie. There is ZERO video evidence of any physical attack on the black racist hate group. https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...-more-militant

The "young men" were not the ones acting "beastly" and the black men were not their prey. The truth is exactly the opposite. BHI was screaming racial slurs, calling the students "fa**tts", saying gays should die, calling the black students the n word. While VIDEO shows the students saying "homosexuals are people too" and "homosexuals have rights".

Lie #2

Quote:
The crowd of students, some of whom wore MAGA caps, mocked Native Americans while chanting "Build the Wall" and using derogatory language, he said. The students had a "mob mentality" that "was scary," Phillips said. "It was ugly, what these kids were involved in. It was racism. It was hatred. It was scary."
There is ZERO video evidence to support this (and if I'm wrong, please post). Unlike the racist native American in Phillips group that tells the children "go back to Europe".

Lie #3

Quote:
"When I took that drum and started singing, I placed myself in between these two factions of people. It wasn't a real conscious process, it was just what they call a spur of the moment."
He didn't place himself between the two groups, he pushed into the middle of the group of students.

Lie #4
He claims the students approached him and surrounded him-they did no such thing. He crossed the mall, walked up to the students with his party and pressed his way into the middle of them

Lie #5
He claims the students started chanting and mocking them when he came up. Another lie-the students were chanting and dancing to a student "cheerleader" to their school spirit song. They are doing so BEFORE Phillips comes up to them. They are looking in the opposite direction when all is going on, not even aware of him. Video evidence proves this.

When the kids see Phillips, they let out a cheer and clap-they seem to think that he is joining them and supporting them against the racism and vile taunts from the black hate group. They shortly turn their attention from Phillips and back to their "cheerleaders" as they keep on chanting and clapping. This doesn't seem to satisfy Phillips-he moves from the chanting group, singles out a child standing somewhat separate, neither singing or chanting, and looking at the opposite direction.

Lie #5

Phillips claims Sandmann blocks his path and won't let him leave. Instead-it is Phillips that walks up to the child, shoves a drum in his face and starts chanting loudly. Sandmann at first seems startled, then confused, mildly amused, and finally bored. At NO time does he respond to Phillips bullying and taunting.

Worse-one of Phillips party begins making racist comments to Sandmann and other students telling them "go back to Europe, we have been here a million years". When one of the other students starts to correct him that NO humans have been here a million years, Sandmann encourages him to stand down and not respond to the racism, intimidation and provocation.

Nick Sandmann released a statement-and every single piece of video evidence supports his statements. He acted in an exemplary manner, one any any adult should be proud of.

Nathan Phillips releases a statement-and hours of video show nearly everything he said to be a lie. Video shows that he acted as a bully and provocateur, while accompanied by individuals making racist slurs.

Now-the original video, is cropped and only shows a few minutes. None of which shows the lies of Phillips. It's almost as if....Phillips knew what was going to be on the altered, manipulated video that slandered the students and resulted in them getting death threats.

ETA-if ANYTHING I have said is incorrect-please provide video evidence to show it. I have spent hours watching videos on this-but it IS possible there are some I've missed that show a different point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies