Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 03:27 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I am against the wall, as I think it's immoral, but I also do not control the government. The deal I proposed splits the difference between Republicans (5 billion) and Democrats (1.3 billion), includes the possibility of a wall, and offers DACA protections for three years so they'll be safe if Trump gets voted out in 2020.

It's obvious to me that Trump, Congressional Republicans, and Congressional Democrats would rather wreck the country than lose to the other party. And that's not okay for any of them.
No to protecting the DACAs. Make them go back home for three years and work for Peace Corps or Habitat for Humanity. Then put them on the waiting list for a green card. Or they need to put in three years of military duty for our country.

Straight out amnesty for DACAs is wrong. Morally wrong. And does not address the creation of future DACAs. And it makes me really mad that our country has to educate the foreign born children of illegals at no cost to their parents, and then we get punished again when bleeding heart liberals cry over these young adults and say that we can't send them away back home. They know their home language and customs because of their illegal parents having raised them, the same parents who don't speak English very well, if at all. And I know this from all the tape interviews where the parents of DACAs need an interpreter in order to speak to the journalist interviewing them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 03:32 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
No to protecting the DACAs. Make them go back home for three years and work for Peace Corps or Habitat for Humanity. Then put them on the waiting list for a green card. Or they need to put in three years of military duty for our country.

Straight out amnesty for DACAs is wrong. Morally wrong. And does not address the creation of future DACAs. And it makes me really mad that our country has to educate the foreign born children of illegals at no cost to their parents, and then we get punished again when bleeding heart liberals cry over these young adults and say that we can't send them away back home. They know their home language and customs because of their illegal parents having raised them, the same parents who don't speak English very well, if at all. And I know this from all the tape interviews where the parents of DACAs need an interpreter in order to speak to the journalist interviewing them.
Anyone who thinks allowing DACA recipients to stay in the US is morally wrong probably needs to do some serious adjusting of their moral compass.

Old 01-23-2019, 06:01 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Anyone who thinks allowing DACA recipients to stay in the US is morally wrong probably needs to do some serious adjusting of their moral compass.
A comparison would be making people give back money from a bank robbery. Or their kids giving it back. Just because they were kids doesn't make the crime go away.

Old 01-23-2019, 06:01 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

I agree with you for the most part but I disagree that they should be able serve in our military to gain a green card or any other form of legalization. They need to go back home and apply to come back legally like legal immigrants do while waiting their turn in line.

Old 01-23-2019, 06:07 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
A comparison would be making people give back money from a bank robbery. Or their kids giving it back. Just because they were kids doesn't make the crime go away.

What's morally wrong is allowing these DACAs to benefit from their parent's law breaking and you gave a good example of it. It would also be rewarding their parents for bringing them here illegally. It's morally wrong to the American people to not follow the rule of law and thereby putting 1.8 million DACAs in direct competition for jobs and resources in our country against Americans. Isn't it bad enough that their parents do it? They would then be demanding that their parents get to stay to and it would create another massive amnesty of which we don't need and is IMO, morally wrong!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies